AMD Discontinues Gaming Evolved App

Will they be replacing it?
I only ever used it a couple times, my brother and a few friends have AMD cards and they seemed to unanimously hate the app.
I will admit that I kinda like GFE, mostly because I don't have to check and download drivers manually anymore, which is convenient. Although the 3.0 version has some pretty wretched UI. AMD not having any equivalent is not really a big deal, but I'd say even these small things count.

So what do we get for all our worthless points we have racked up and not used?

Anyway.. Good riddance! It causes issues in games and is just a pain for the most part anyway.

You know what. They may be releasing a new in house version of it in the new Radeon software release that is promised at the end of the year?

just download raptr if you need the functionality. AMD just re-badged it to Gaming Evolved. raptr.com

Will not miss it one bit. AMD should incorporate into the drivers the video recording feature though. I would recommend AMD just let the user put the app best suited for them and not waste time with a single app. Good move by AMD.

Will they be replacing it?
I only ever used it a couple times, my brother and a few friends have AMD cards and they seemed to unanimously hate the app.
I will admit that I kinda like GFE, mostly because I don't have to check and download drivers manually anymore, which is convenient. Although the 3.0 version has some pretty wretched UI. AMD not having any equivalent is not really a big deal, but I'd say even these small things count.

AMD drivers auto-download these days. Really the only thing missing is the video recording and OBS has always been better than Raptr anyway.

Yayyyy! I thought it was a waste adding that Gaming Evolved app crap. I won't miss it at all. Glad it's gone.

I am betting they are releasing an 'in house" version in November/December.
I think it would just be better AMD just incorporates links/info for Steam, Origin, Microsoft store etc. in the drivers with a choice to deselect in the drivers the links/info streams.

Back