AMD Price Cuts Now Official

Monarch has had reduced prices for a while. I think Newegg has some price cuts, not sure though.

Hopefully they will drop further, right now the prices are very tempting :D

troisanh said:
Just waiting on retailers now to drop their prices. :mad:

Ugh, yeah. I'm sure don't want to buy anything from Monarch Computers. Eagerly waiting for Newegg.

Is mwave.com trusty? Do they have an overall fast shipping process?

maverick777 said:
Outpost and mwave have cut their prices since Saturday night.

Outpost only has the price for the 3800+ cut. And mwave doesn't have the 5000+, and that is the proc I want. I'm heading over to Fry's around lunch time to see if they have it for the reduced price in-store.

enzio said:
Ugh, yeah. I'm sure don't want to buy anything from Monarch Computers. Eagerly waiting for Newegg.

I've ordered from them before. No complaints.

So everyone, should I order a Manchester or Toledo core? I'll be running air cooling with the new-style X2/opteron dual core heatpipe HSF.

I just remembered an email they sent me about them constantly negotiating for the lowest prices on components so that they have the lowest prices for customers. hmmm...

enzio said:

Newegg is great, Monarch is better. I have never gotten anything bad from Monarch, and they have saved me hundreds (maybe even thousands, I never order with an account) over the past year. From my experience, Monarch ships faster and is always less money for the same product as Newegg has... But whatever, it is your decision.

synaps3 said:
Newegg is great, Monarch is better. I have never gotten anything bad from Monarch, and they have saved me hundreds (maybe even thousands, I never order with an account) over the past year. From my experience, Monarch ships faster and is always less money for the same product as Newegg has... But whatever, it is your decision.

I've never dealt with Monarch, their site is too chaotic for me. But for Newegg's shipping, it's hard to beat getting your stuff the next day when you paid for 3-day shipping.

synaps3 said:

Better prices don't make Monarch better. They routinely have issues getting orders shipped on time, just read ResellerRatings. Newegg has awesome support as well, which I'm pretty sure Monarch does not.

The whole paying for an extended Warranty turned me off from Monarch. It makes it appear they don't support there products if DOA. Never have had an issue with Newegg and DOA stuff.

Otherwise I would have already purchased from Monarch.

ny biggest complaint with them (they did it again with this recent order...) is they will bill you AND CHARGE your credit card without shipping your order. I placed an order for a MB combo from them (5000 and asus delux) on the 18th - they charged my CC on the 19th for the whole thing. it has not shipped out yet.

to me that is not cool. the RIGHT WAY to do it is to process the CC and bill the customer WHEN IT SHIPS OUT.

to have my cash while they have provided nothing is just not kosher.

anyway

enzio said:

Mwave's great... their site may not look it, but they're as fast and have basically as good customer service as newegg does :).

I've used mwave a couple times, they're pretty good. Newegg isn't always the cheapest but they are pretty reliable.

I've tried to use Monarch, but that website of theirs manages to suck and blow at the same time. :D

enelson125 said:
Outpost.com now has the updated prices. Though the 5000+ is a little high at $325.
Yeah but do they really have it? It says call for availability.

how come these places arent cutting prices on the 939 fx 60 since its being discontinued ..

alphaone said:
Yeah but do they really have it? It says call for availability.

Well I'm going to Fry's on my lunch break today (it's 5 min from where I work), hopefully they'll have it there.

enelson125 said:
Well I'm going to Fry's on my lunch break today (it's 5 min from where I work), hopefully they'll have it there.
Let me know how you do. If yours has it then mine just might too.

Lets see, I can either wait a few more months for a Core 2 Duo E6300 and mobo or I can get a (s939) 3800+ X2 this friday and maybe a new mobo (either the Biostar Tforce or Foxconn's 6150 mobo, currently I have a A8N-VM CSM).... I think I'll pick up the X2. It'll give Newegg some time to update their prices. :)

Give it 6 months......even cheeeeper yet and the new GPUs will be out for the dreaded DX10.......and hopefully an SP1 for vista. I think more time is the receipe.

On another front......I've used mwave beofre several times......arrived as advertised and cheaper shipping than newEgg. I have to admit sometimes the egg can have my stuff in one day if it comes from the NJ warehouse, for 3 day rates......cant beat that.

I want to see that 35W 3500+ X2 available somewhere. Methinks that will be a sweet chip for an SFF.

I stopped at the North Phoenix Fry's Electronic's location this morning to look at the prices. I figured they would be the same as on Outpost.com. But nooooo. $200 for an X2 3800+ and $300 for a 4600+. A bit on the high side it seems.

Viper87227 said:
I want to see that 35W 3500+ X2 available somewhere. Methinks that will be a sweet chip for an SFF.
No such CPU. I believe you meant the X2 3800+ 35W or the single-core Athlon 64 3500+ 35W, no such thing as the X2 3500+ 35W at this time.

Ravynmagi said:
I stopped at the North Phoenix Fry's Electronic's location this morning to look at the prices. I figured they would be the same as on Outpost.com. But nooooo. $200 for an X2 3800+ and $300 for a 4600+. A bit on the high side it seems.

Thats b/c brick & mortar stores have their inventory longer and have to sell it at the price they paid for it last month. Where most online etailers are selling them as they come in, and/or shipping directly from THEIR supplier's warehouse, so they can sell at the discounted price much sooner.

enzio said:

I prefer mwave/monarch over newegg...

chrisf6969 said:
Thats b/c brick & mortar stores have their inventory longer and have to sell it at the price they paid for it last month. Where most online etailers are selling them as they come in, and/or shipping directly from THEIR supplier's warehouse, so they can sell at the discounted price much sooner.

Well the 2 Fry's stores in Phoenix are notorious for not having stuff in stock, it seems like they just try to order for what will get them through a week.

enzio said:
mwave is suddenly back in stock?

Haha.. appearently not for much longer. I looked at the page 20 minutes ago and they had all 3 of the socket 939 chips in stock. Now the 4600s are already gone.

Back