AMD GPU for ITX Build

• Thread starter Deleted member 109755
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109755

Have an X570 ROG Strix-I in a Lian Li TU150 w/ NH D15-S and Corsair LPX 3600, pretty solid system.

The GPU is a MSI GAMING 12G 6700XT and it's a triple slot monstrosity, keeping me from putting bottom intake fans in.

Any suggestions on a smaller GPU of the 6700XT variety (or 6600XT if required?) that would be 1 or just barely 2 slot?

Some of the smallest cards I have seen is the single fan RX 5500 XT 8Gb and MSI made a smaller RX 5700 Mech Oc but both are 2 slot and like 8" long

If you can find one.. The 6800 Reference card is 2 slot and fantastic. My main is in the Sliger S610 case whch has a similar layout.

Attachments

• IMG_E3645.JPG
    IMG_E3645.JPG
    539.9 KB · Views: 0
If you can find one.. The 6800 Reference card is 2 slot and fantastic. My main is in the Sliger S610 case whch has a similar layout.

I had that card and I was surprised at how small it was. No bigger than the old blower Nvidia reference cards from past generations.

Have an X570 ROG Strix-I in a Lian Li TU150 w/ NH D15-S and Corsair LPX 3600, pretty solid system.

The GPU is a MSI GAMING 12G 6700XT and it's a triple slot monstrosity, keeping me from putting bottom intake fans in.

Any suggestions on a smaller GPU of the 6700XT variety (or 6600XT if required?) that would be 1 or just barely 2 slot?
Gigabyte's "Eagle" range of cards are all 2 slot height. And have done very well in temp and noise tests.

Here is the 6700XT Eagle
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rx-6700-xt-eagle.b8701

With intake fans, the 6800 is probably the best for this generation. As for iTX cases I normally prefer blower cards mostly for cooling purposes but that case with additional fans look like it could handle a 300w card. Anyways Pro cards may or may not work for you and actually can be had at MSRP and cough cough, available, while higher than a gaming version, street price wise not that different. Pro W6800 is too steep for a recommendation, the W6600 $699, well a slight maybe from me but are options maybe for ya. Nvidia may have something in the Pro Line as well.

1629238269319.png

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...s=fct_amd-radeon-series_5012:radeon-pro-w6600

curious recommendation on the pro... wonder if the drivers are as good for gaming. single slot would be great.

I have a Asus X570 ROG Strix-i in a meshify C mini with a Sapphire nitro + 6800 and a Noctua DH15 Chroma black. The video card barely fits with 2 140mm noctua fans in the front. There is about 1mm of space between the video card and the fan

20201202_225017.jpg

ASUS TUF 3080 fit as well but is a triple slotter.

My case is Coolermaster NR200

lol i can't seem to find the balance that makes the nh-d15s and the gpu fit. i almost got that case but it's 5mm short on the CPU cooler.

so i need a reference 6800 or 6700XT or a Fighter 6700XT in my TU150

My 6700xt Gigabyte OC is just a smidge over 2 slots in thickness and a hair over 11 inches, so those cards may work. The vanilla Eagle is a strict two slot affair but the cooler is worse/reference level.

The powercolor 6700xt fighter is small and short. 8.98" x 4.29" (L x H) but it's dual slot. I think for current gen cards the aforementioned w6600 is the only single slot card I can think of (maybe nvidia has others). Temps on mine are good.

Finally found some of the w6600s for sale
http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?4288047_g10e

Attachments

• powercolor fighter.png
    powercolor fighter.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 0
The powercolor 6700xt fighter is small and short. 8.98" x 4.29" (L x H) but it's dual slot. I think for current gen cards the aforementioned w6600 is the only single slot card I can think of (maybe nvidia has others). Temps on mine are good.

Finally found some of the w6600s for sale
http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?4288047_g10e
The days you could lazily browse the old newegg's selection of cards for hours, put them in your cart and checkout at leisure knowing you had a 365 day return period to back you up. Well prices may normalize at some point but that sure as s**t isn't ever happening again.

These are slightly over 2 slot. Should have room for slim fans underneath. But I'm not sure its needed, since the built-in fans are pretty close to the bottom intake, at that point.

I had one of these for a short time. But it arrived with major issues. I sent it back to Roguecast for replacement. But I waited a month and their supplier was not able to get me another card. I eventually asked for a refund and they honored it, even though I was outside of their standard refund window.

These are slightly over 2 slot. Should have room for slim fans underneath. But I'm not sure its needed, since the built-in fans are pretty close to the bottom intake, at that point.

I had one of these for a short time. But it arrived with major issues. I sent it back to Roguecast for replacement. But I waited a month and their supplier was not able to get me another card. I eventually asked for a refund and they honored it, even though I was outside of their standard refund window.
What issues?

What issues?
Playing games was filled with stutter and dropped frames. If I opened the AMD overlay while in a game----the framerate would turn into rapid stop motion. IIRC, the GPU clock never got over about 1500mhz and would frequently dip into the 900hz and even momentarily report double digits.

Also, the video signal to my monitor would randomnly have a momentary visual glitch. Almost like when a CRT cuts out or something. The whole screen would distort for a split second.

temps were fine.

fans are pretty quiet and have a fan-stop.

I'm sure it was just a bad card. It happens. These otherwise should be a solid version of the 6700XT.

I am gonna go the cheaper route and get the NR200 and a smaller heatsink Noctua NH-U9S and use the GPU's I have available to me, should do fine so long as it all fits which based on the numbers I have makes it seem like it will. In theory the hell hound 6700xt i already have will fit in the NR200.

I am gonna go the cheaper route and get the NR200 and a smaller heatsink Noctua NH-U9S and use the GPU's I have available to me, should do fine so long as it all fits which based on the numbers I have makes it seem like it will. In theory the hell hound 6700xt i already have will fit in the NR200.
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev B fits in the NR200. The Scythe Fuma 2 will fit, as long as the newest version isn't taller than the Mugen 5 Rev. B. (the newest version is taller than the previous Fuma 2).

The Bequiet Shadow Rock TF2 also fits.

I am very partial to Noctua, dunno why... just am. I've had several and never been let down and the style suits me.

I am very partial to Noctua, dunno why... just am. I've had several and never been let down and the style suits me.
I haven't used it. But the NH-C14S also fits.

I have used the Mugen 5 Rev. B and Shadow Rock TF2. Both in an NR200, at one point.

Back