AMD: EVGA Wanted To Sell ATI Cards

I love Sapphire as well. If Sapphire was a woman I would definitely do her. Hell, if Sapphire was a man, I would at least smack his ass. Sapphire has bundled the most in terms of software and extras in my opinion, and has offered some of the best performing cards from ATI. They overclock well and put nice cooling solutions on their cards. When I go ATI I always go Sapphire. I have yet to have a single problem with them and all their cards preform exceptionally well compared to others I have seen.

Either way, AMD can announce they won't deal with the vendors and really make it seem like they love their partners, or they can grab one of Nvidia's top vendors. Either way, they come out on top in my eyes.

I knew that sapphire (PCPartner) manufacture pretty much every ATi card, but what cards do they make for NV? I was under the impression that Flextronics, foxconn and asus were the ones that NV used, with the main one being flextronics.

The PCPartner websites state that they were one of the OEMs making reference boards of the oh-so beloved 8800GTX/S (G80).

Since G92 nVidia went back to Flextronics I guess. PCPartner produced the 2900XT, the 3800s and the 4800s (along with Asus)

Zotac is just a reseller. It's belonging to the same parent group, but I don't think they have much advantages on the new cards as they're just buying ref designs again.

Hahaha, all I have to say was that I was right when this whole argument broke out in the news section :)

It would be awesome if one of these larger carriers sold ATI cards.

The PCPartner websites state that they were one of the OEMs making reference boards of the oh-so beloved 8800GTX/S (G80).

Since G92 nVidia went back to Flextronics I guess. PCPartner produced the 2900XT, the 3800s and the 4800s (along with Asus)

Zotac is just a reseller. It's belonging to the same parent group, but I don't think they have much advantages on the new cards as they're just buying ref designs again.

What is key here is the fact EVGA and BFG and XFX and others do not manufacture the cards.

I love Sapphire as well. If Sapphire was a woman I would definitely do her. Hell, if Sapphire was a man, I would at least smack his ass. Sapphire has bundled the most in terms of software and extras in my opinion, and has offered some of the best performing cards from ATI. They overclock well and put nice cooling solutions on their cards. When I go ATI I always go Sapphire. I have yet to have a single problem with them and all their cards preform exceptionally well compared to others I have seen.

+1
I have the 3870 Toxic edition and it is thus far the best video card bundle I ever bought. Got 3DMark06, Valve Black box, HDMI cable, PowerDVD, etc along with a a free OC and the best single slot cooling system I've ever seen on a video card all for $189. I bought it back in March. No complaints here. I'm now waiting on the 4870 Toxic Edition card to be released for my next upgrade.

What is key here is the fact EVGA and BFG and XFX and others do not manufacture the cards.

True, but who exactly manufactures BFG, XFX, and EVGA video cards? Are they all manufactured at the same place? What is the scoop?

I was seriously under the impression that flextronics made all of the reference 8800GTX/GTS 640/320 cards, but I remeber a few months in they all went to green PCBs. But NV doesn't like to stick with the same maker for too long.

Also if the boards aren't "high end" usually some of these AIB partners will contract out their own cards.

Back