AMD Combat Crate Bundle Leaked

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
In quite a surprise today, a seller on Amazon has leaked the "AMD Combat Crate." According to the listing the bundle is in stock now, and includes a Ryzen 5 1600 CPU, and MSI Gaming RX580 GPU, and an MSI B350 Tomahawk motherboard for $599. This is likely a mistake in the listing, as the reviews appear to be for the processor itself, and not the "Combat Crate"

WOW! This was unexpected, and a really good value. Not to mention this helps cards get into the hands of gamers. I'd love to see the next iteration be a "build a box" kind of thing. Give me an APU and motherboard to build a new HTPC out of paired with a Vega 64 to put in my gaming rig please.

The AMD Combat Crate comes stocked with the essential hardware you need to push your game to the next level and lay waste to the competition. With a lightning fast Ryzen processor, powerful Radeon RX graphics backed by revolutionary Radeon Software Adrenaline Edition and a future-ready MSI motherboard - the AMD Combat Crate is the ultimate arsenal for gamers

Where's the link? I'm going to buy one.

links.png

So a $200 CPU, $100 motherboard, and $300 8gb RX 580. Not too shabby.

No. A $175 CPU with an $85 motherboard and a $230 (whenever its back at MSRP) GPU for $600. Its a ripoff. The parts separately cost $490. Even with price gouging still going on you can find the 580 for just over $320, which is still cheaper than buying this bundle.

When these officially release I imagine they'll be a good bit cheaper. This third party seller is obviously jumping the gun and price gouging because they have the only one on the market. They likely broke street date to do it.

Math is hard
No. A $175 CPU with an $85 motherboard and a $230 (whenever its back at MSRP) GPU for $600. Its a ripoff. The parts separately cost $490. Even with price gouging still going on you can find the 580 for just over $320, which is still cheaper than buying this bundle.

When these officially release I imagine they'll be a good bit cheaper. This third party seller is obviously jumping the gun and price gouging because they have the only one on the market. They likely broke street date to do it.

I'd never buy it haha. Terrible value. But for someone in need of a gpu and system, not sure what parts are compatible, pretty convenient.

I'd never buy it haha. Terrible value. But for someone in need of a gpu and system, not sure what parts are compatible, pretty convenient.

At the right price, yes. At this inflated price, hell no. It'll be interesting to see what the official price is when AMD actually unveils these bundles. I'd suspect somewhere between $400 and $450.

they should have paired up with a different AIB such as Asrock or XFX instead of the "big 3" that is Asus-Gigabyte-MSI...you know, stick it to the GPP man LOL (my bad)

would hate to see the price rip off if we ever get to see them here in the great white north, kind of like the RX 570-580 being pretty much same damn price (which is stupid as oh hell) or seemingly the minimum of the "new" pricing for them at right around $399+ tax and ship.
not bad for something that supposedly price dropped and more of in stock as of March...I have not seen any evidence of this at all.

last "bundle" I seen like this was from Amazon as well was for an MSI x370 Pro Carbon(or tomahawk) and either 1500x, 1600 or 1700 all of which would cost a minimum of $40 extra (plus tax and sometimes tax + ship).

awkward seeing as you can easily verify the price they want to charge on the same website ^.^

Shouldn't it come in an ammo box? Or does it just blow up when you open it? Or is this the system soldiers will use in real life battlefield conditions? Or...well you get it.

I just wish the time comes when we can all move past those retarded naming conventions.

Combat crate.. Maximus Optimus Hero.. Crosshair.. Bazooka..

My bro's other half requires assistance, new rig, am the designated slave, build, set, bring over. All good, yes ma'am. Until we got to the point where i had to tell her what i'm buying; you shoulda seen the look on her face, i swear she thought "what a fucking moron".
That moment when you have to explain why and in the process of explaining end up looking like even more of a moron? :D

So a $200 CPU, $100 motherboard, and $300 8gb RX 580. Not too shabby.

you're getting the gpu and cpu off a bit, and it keeps miners away :)
clears inventory and product ain't bad.

Would be awesome if Intel at times cleared old cpu inventory, you can STILL buy 4770K's but they cost the same as 8700k's so...
I don't know if e-tailers have restrictions on offers on Intel cpu's or not... it definitely seems like it.

My listing has the "3 Pack" logo, which is totally misleading. Never, in the history of anything, has 3 pack meant anything other than 3 of the same item.

Pretty cool starter kit for someone. Miner or gamer I think it's great when someone puts a little effort into something like this. Hope it works out well for them.

I expect to see a lot of ebay listings for the processors and motherboards from this bundle if indeed the pricing is low enough.

If the card was sold at msrp of $250 that means the board and processor is $350 with no memory. New egg gives me better deals.

Not a value win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, so Miners get a new board and CPU and a GPU to start a new mining rig!
Miners wouldn't touch it. They would have to sell the board and CPU as it would work against efficiency compared to 4 pci slot versions running down clocked core processors.

I expect to see a lot of ebay listings for the processors and motherboards from this bundle if indeed the pricing is low enough.
Mining market is falling apart. Check rx580 price history

Lets see, a sub $200 CPU + a ~$100 motherboard + $230 launch price video card = $530 worth of last year's parts for $599?!

Lets see, a sub $200 CPU + a ~$100 motherboard + $230 launch price video card = $530 worth of last year's parts for $599?!
gpu's now are in the 300$ range for that performance level.
Memory shortage happened, and it's not because of miners.

these are a good idea, something Nvidia should look into as well. Nvidia and AMD should both be wanting to keep gamers going, build your own gpu/mobo/cpu combo, but only if the gpu is close to msrp, and AMD would have to get Vega cards in there as an option

Its a good idea, but poor deal wise. Maybe a 2600 and b450 motherboard (whenever they come out) plus 580 8gb card would be good.

Back