AMD Bulldozer / FX-8150 Desktop Performance Review @ [H]ardOCP

Many posters called that chart out for the 500W+ on the 920 also, which is not typical.

at the wall != real system draw
assuming that the power supply is at least 80% efficient
also if you got a 920 thats drawing 500 watts then either the psu is garbage or something is seriously wrong

at the wall != real system draw
assuming that the power supply is at least 80% efficient
also if you got a 920 thats drawing 500 watts then either the psu is garbage or something is seriously wrong

You're kidding, right? The draw from the wall is what the power company charges you for, that's about as real as it gets. That, and most power supply sit at around 80% or higher these days. Typically, numbers taken for a benchmark are done with the same unit.

Unless you picked your words poorly and I confused your point, in which case I highly suggest you clarify.

You're kidding, right? The draw from the wall is what the power company charges you for, that's about as real as it gets.

Unless you picked your words poorly and I confused your point, in which case I highly suggest you clarify.

witch unless they used the SAME PSU and the SAME GPU AND THE SAME everything else and (I know dam well they didn't)
the entire thing is rendered useless always check component draw at the components thats electrical 101 after you do that THEN you can hook up your killo-wat or whatever and double check

Why wouldn't they use the same PSU and GPU? Those are cross-platform components.

Back