Amazon has the 5950x at MSRP

I just flipped one on ebay. Netted $575, or $145 profit. Open box, new otherwise. I'd just scored a new 5950x for $800 cash.
I sold mine to a member here for $540 shipped, I thought it was a fair deal. Mine had been in my system for quite a while.

Seems that AMD has finally fixed the 5950x and 5900x CPU supply issues - you can pretty much get both of them quite easily now through mainstream retailers like Amazon, B&H and New Egg. (If they do go out of stock, they seem to be back in stock within a day or two.)

We just have GPU supply issues to overcome now... Really hoping that gets addressed by year's end as I've got a 15 yr old teenager wanting to build a gaming PC for Xmas. She's working a part time job over the summer to save up and I'll be contributing as well. Just need GPUs to start becoming available and affordable again.

Got my 5950X in a few weeks ago and have finally set everything up. Originally went with a Noctua NH-U12S for cooler since I already had it but it was not boosting as high as I'd expect due to the temps so I went with NH-D15S instead - much better, runs about 10C cooler over the U12S. Some pics:

I run Windows in a VM (using GPU passthrough) on this, plus a lot of Docker containers on the Linux side. The 5950X handles it all like a champ. Quite happy with the upgrade over my old 10940X for gaming - the uplift in singe thread performance is very noticeable in a lot of games.

Attachments

• IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 0
Back