Amazon Eliminates Person-to-Person Payments

HardOCP News

[H] News
Amazon sent out an e-mail today to all active Amazon Payment account holders that says, starting October 13th, the company is eliminating person-to-person payments. :(

Additionally, we have updated the terms and conditions of our User Agreement that apply to your use of the products and services provided by Amazon Payments. Our updated User Agreement revises certain terms (including, among other things, the elimination of person-to-person payments). Our new User Agreement will become effective on October 13, 2014, which is more than 30 days from when we first posted our updated User Agreement. By continuing to use our services after October 13, 2014, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of our new User Agreement.

Well that sucks.. does that mean it can't be used as a paypal alternative now?

dont blame em, dealing with all the fraud and he said she said bullshit when someone can just sell it on amazon

People used it because it was easier to deal with than Paypal. Unfortunately scammers/fraud is tricky to deal with and Amazon rather back out. Not going to lie, Paypal is a piece of shit but they also deal with a lot of shit, not always in the right way but who else is going to do it? Paypal has a system to deal with bullshit and that's the way they do it to minimize loss. Amazon takes enough losses as it is and they can't risk anymore.

FUDGE!!!!! I used stictly amazon payments as it was NO CHARGE and way better than paypal. damn it

Dammit. I heavily favored Amazon Payments over Paypal. No fees, I could spend my balance on Amazon, and I just in general dislike Paypal.

So what good is Amazon Payments now? Just another way to pay when purchasing from an online store like PayPal already is?

Crud...I've been using Amazon Payments for a while now and thought it was excellent. Off to find a different alternative to Paypal.

Dammit. I heavily favored Amazon Payments over Paypal. No fees, I could spend my balance on Amazon, and I just in general dislike Paypal.
I was trying to get people to use them until they adopted the same fees and became just as seller-unfriendly as PayPal. No big loss.

Skrill is another service, but it has it's own problems. Most of the alternate payment services died off once the US government started going after online gambling.

No point to use it now since paypal is already accepted at all the e-stores out there. I had a guy try and scam me through amazon payments, all I had to do was a chargeback on my visa.

There's Square Cash and Softcard as alternatives.

I bet it's due to scams though. A coworker's son just went through one. He paid through paypal, and then asked if he could meet to pick it up. A few months later he claims he never got the package, so paypal took the money back. All they could say was you should have mailed it.

Everyone is afraid of bitcoin.
WHy do you think ebay and paypal are splitting.
why do you think apple is introducing apple pay all of a sudden
why do you think amazon is eliminating any form of peer to peer payments?

Open Bazaar is coming. and these idiotic companies can't see what they must do.
none of them will survive.
Bell Atlantic all over again.

People used it because it was easier to deal with than Paypal. Unfortunately scammers/fraud is tricky to deal with and Amazon rather back out. Not going to lie, Paypal is a piece of shit but they also deal with a lot of shit, not always in the right way but who else is going to do it? Paypal has a system to deal with bullshit and that's the way they do it to minimize loss. Amazon takes enough losses as it is and they can't risk anymore.

Yeahhhhh, this was the problem.

Crud...I've been using Amazon Payments for a while now and thought it was excellent. Off to find a different alternative to Paypal.

Google Wallet - It's effing awesome IMHO...

Order your card
Download app
Receive card
Activate card
Tie card to bank account
Money in minutes
Can head to any ATM and make a withdrawal from that money.

Google Wallet - It's effing awesome IMHO...

Order your card
Download app
Receive card
Activate card
Tie card to bank account
Money in minutes
Can head to any ATM and make a withdrawal from that money.

yeah sept that takes away all my benifits of using a credit card, i usually make about 400 hundred dollars a year just by using credit cards. Plus its has the same weakness as a debit card if you file a dispute your money's gone till they put it back.

this does suck...wtf amazon.

that said...paypal doesn't charge fees for paypal balance and xfer from bank transactions.
then the issue is dispute resolutions.

The average person is not going to use BTC. It's just not convenient if something goes wrong during the sale. Product not as described? Broken? Good luck getting your money back unless you went out of your way to use an escrow service. I've done the escrow thing, it's painless and it works. But for the average consumer, it's not worth giving up protection from eBay, PayPal and/or your credit card if something goes wrong.

Damn, this totally sucks. No more churning credit cards. I think I made 3 or 4 thousand bucks this year using Amazon Payment to meet the spending requirements.

Sounds like you can still use amazon payments if the seller has a seller account. However, I'm not sure why any new customers would want to get a personal account with this change. There is no incentive.

I thought corporations are people now... if they dont support person to person transfers how can I pay Amazon if I buy something?

the billion pound elephant in the room nobody talks about

FUDGE!!!!! I used stictly amazon payments as it was NO CHARGE and way better than paypal. damn it

AFAIK, person to person payments on paypal are free too. You can't use a credit card, and I'm sure there are restrictions, but it exists.

Back