Amazon Christmas Digital Downloads Sale is Live!

cageymaru

Fully [H]
It's back again! Amazon has some seriously good deals on games that you waited until now to purchase. Here is the link to the sale page. As a bonus you get $5 promotional codes off games in January and free boosts in Free to Play games that Amazon promotes.

I'll edit in some deals in a few minutes. Here's one to tempt you though.

Sims 3 for $10.19 Origin
Spec Ops: The Line, Bioshock, Bioshock 2 for $9.99 SteamPowered
Endless Space Admiral Edition for $14.99. There is another version for $17.49. SteamPowered
Tera is $5.
Xblades is $2.
Two Worlds: GOTY is $2.49.
2K Strategy Pack with Civilization V, Civ V Gods and Kings, Civ IV complete, The Stronghold Collection for $19.99. SteamPowered Thank SubtleOne for finding this one! :)
Forge 2 pack is $19.99. SteamWorks. Cheaper than Steam!
Borderlands 1, Darkness 2, Duke Nukem Forever is $9.99. Steam keys
Mass Effect Trilogy is $30. Origin
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition is $7.50. SteamWorks
Sword of the Stars Complete is $5. Steam
LA Noire Complete Edition is $7.50.
ANNO 2070 is $20 for the Deluxe Edition! Get it while it's hot!

Sunday 12/30/2012

Inversion is $7.50. SteamWorks
Hitman Absolution is $20. SteamWorks

Monday
I slept all day and pulled my hair out modding Skyrim all night. I failed. Sowwy. :(

Tuesday 1/1/2013

Battlefield 3 Premium Edition is $35.99 Make sure you choose Premium in the boxes. :)
BF3 Premium DLC; is $25. NOT THE WHOLE GAME JUST THE DLC!!!
The Secret World is $17.99. You can use your $5 off coupon from buying stuff earlier on it to grab for $12.99. There is no subscription fee! :)

Deals change daily so check out their website often. Thanks guys for listing many deals in the thread! Hope everyone has a safe holiday.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm really hoping the Steam sale goes up soon. I'd like to comparison shop before I commit to some of the games I'm eyeing up. If possible, I'd like to call it quits that so I don't salivate over the sales constantly while I'm trying to enjoy Christmas.

It's back again! Amazon has some seriously good deals on games that you waited until now to purchase. Here is the link to the sale page. As a bonus you get $5 promotional codes off games in January and free boosts in Free to Play games that Amazon promotes.

I'll edit in some deals in a few minutes. Here's one to tempt you though.

Hitman Absolution. $19.99 SteamPowered.
Sims 3 for $9.99 Origin
Spec Ops: The Line, Bioshock, Bioshock 2 for $9.99 SteamPowered
Endless Space Admiral Edition for $7.49. There is another version for $17.49. SteamPowered
Tera is $5.
Xblades is $2.
Two Worlds: GOTY is $2.49.
Homefront, Metro 2033, Red Faction Armageddon, Red Faction Guerrilla, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine in a package for $7.49. SteamPowered

A nice deal in the bunch is the 2K Strategy Super Pack for $19.99 which includes:

1. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition
2. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings
3. Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
4. The Stronghold Collection

As an aside, the Gods and Kings is not just a silly expansion with a handful of new civs. It brings new game-changing dynamics that really improve the experience.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Can anyone comment on Endless Space? Seems like it might be worth a try for $7.

Other than the THQ bundle in the OP (which I already have all of), I didn't see anything of note. I guess the Need for Speed bundle is ok, but I took a pass on it since the games activate on Origin.

Can anyone comment on Endless Space? Seems like it might be worth a try for $7.

I didn't like it, but no doubt some might. To begin with, I loved Galactic Civilizations II, the absolute king of the space 4X games, with fantastic balance, campaigns and sandbox play.

I tried Endless Space and the first thing that you notice is the extremely high production values. Gorgeous graphics leaving GalCiv2 looking almost amateurish. If they could merely keep pace with GalCIv's gameplay, it was a sure winner. Sadly it was not.

The tech tree is nearly incomprehensible, whilst humongous, with at least 200 techs all with vague names that leave no clue as to what they might accomplish. The combat was very slow, and the endgame is truly deathly dull. I am certain a lot of effort went into it, but it has far too many problems, and is more a giant spreadsheet with very nice graphics than a game.

It pains me to badmouth an indie effort as I am the first to find excuses to apologize for their shortcomings, but I cannot recommend this. Just my 2 cents.

If you want Space 4X, get GalCiv2, it is a winner (and will run even on a laptop's Intel 3000 graphics).

I didn't like it, but no doubt some might. To begin with, I loved Galactic Civilizations II, the absolute king of the space 4X games, with fantastic balance, campaigns and sandbox play.

I tried Endless Space and the first thing that you notice is the extremely high production values. Gorgeous graphics leaving GalCiv2 looking almost amateurish. If they could merely keep pace with GalCIv's gameplay, it was a sure winner. Sadly it was not.

The tech tree is nearly incomprehensible, whilst humongous, with at least 200 techs all with vague names that leave no clue as to what they might accomplish. The combat was very slow, and the endgame is truly deathly dull. I am certain a lot of effort went into it, but it has far too many problems, and is more a giant spreadsheet with very nice graphics than a game.

It pains me to badmouth an indie effort as I am the first to find excuses to apologize for their shortcomings, but I cannot recommend this. Just my 2 cents.

If you want Space 4X, get GalCiv2, it is a winner (and will run even on a laptop's Intel 3000 graphics).

Thanks. I've personally never played a space 4X before, but I've been wanting to try one just to see if I like it or not (and the price of ES today seemed like a solid point for that purpose). I think I'll hold off for now. I figure if I want to test the waters of that genre, I should probably start with the best example out there.

Even before they had a bundle on Humble Bundle, THQ has had special bundles on Amazon with every major sale.

truth, amazon was one of the first to jump on THQ rescue bandwagon as far as bundles go. In fact, they have had many huge bundle sales dating from earlier this year when no one else would (yet) besides steam holiday sales which don't have this exact bundle anyway.

kindof disappointed in the sale.. have to keep an eye.. i know they add games usually as the sale goes on.

A lot of the Sims 3 expansions are on sale too. (50% or more than what Origin lists).

I bought lots of them for Gifts.

12/20 - 1/4.
My wallet is already sobbing uncontrollably. :D

My ISP is already sobbing uncontrollably after I raped Steam's site over the weekend downloading some 100 GB of my games since I'm migrating between the 2 computers. Yeah, I could've transferred the files directly between the 2 PCs, but I wanted to make AT&T sweat a little. :p

I'm considering the THQ bundle for $7.49 but I have half the titles already. It still works out to $2.50 for each of the 3 games I'll obtain which is still a great deal.. Also thinking about the strategy pack since I have Civ5 but its not on Steam...

Darksider bundle and Dead Island bundles added to OP. Deals change everyday.

Bought Darksiders Bundle... Already had 1, but have been wanting to play 2.

I didn't realize it, but my brother already has DS1, anyone have anything they want to trade for it? :)

[L]imey;1039442840 said:
Bought Darksiders Bundle... Already had 1, but have been wanting to play 2.

I didn't realize it, but my brother already has DS1, anyone have anything they want to trade for it? :)
Metro 2033?

Did anyone buy the 2k Strategy Pack?

Do you get individual keys for Civ 5, the DLC and Gods and Kings?

I am interested in the pack, but all I need is Gods & Kings. I'll jump on the pack if I can gift the rest of it.

A lot of the Sims 3 expansions are on sale too. (50% or more than what Origin lists).

I bought lots of them for Gifts.

Do you, or anyone else, recommend any of the Sim 3 expansions? Figured I'd try out the series now since it's so cheap.

Anymore metro keys I missed the facebook thing..Is it even worth playing? I havent been interested in any PC FPS game since HL2

Anyone interested in splitting the cost of the Payday 4 pack and DLC? I would like two copies to play Co-OP with my buddy locally, but the other two copies would go to waste..If so PM me!

how would i go about gifting one of these bundles? i can't seem to find any info on amazon's site about it....and googling doesn't seem to bring up any relevant info either.

weird, should be easy right? what am i missing?

edit:// what? you have to use removable media and just give them a copy of the games after you download them onto your computer first....how incredibly lame. i am disappoint amazon.

how would i go about gifting one of these bundles? i can't seem to find any info on amazon's site about it....and googling doesn't seem to bring up any relevant info either.

weird, should be easy right? what am i missing?

edit:// what? you have to use removable media and just give them a copy of the games after you download them onto your computer first....how incredibly lame. i am disappoint amazon.

you purchase and then send them the key if its a steamworks..

other than that its tied to the account.. one thing you can probably do is send them the Amazon Downloader..

click on download and save the downloader and send that to them..

you'd have to test it though, when you use the amazon downloader it downloads both the game and writes a "Serial.txt" file in the folder so they'd have everything they need

but test it by sending the downloader to another computer and see if that works

truth, amazon was one of the first to jump on THQ rescue bandwagon as far as bundles go. In fact, they have had many huge bundle sales dating from earlier this year when no one else would (yet) besides steam holiday sales which don't have this exact bundle anyway.

It wasnt a THQ rescue it was a fire sale. Execs are probably just looking for some cash to snag a bonus. They planned bankruptcy all along.

Just picked up LA Noir for the wife. That'll keep her busy for a little while.

geez.. that 2k shooter pack looks hot.....

too bad i'm from canada though :(

So is Dead Island worth the asking price?

I wish I didn't have to pay taxes on Amazon.

Grabbed: Darksiders Pack & Dead Island GOTY. Thanks OP.

Any leads on: Kingdoms of Amalar is $11.99 for the game and all the DLC. - For STEAM?

Grabbed: Darksiders Pack & Dead Island GOTY. Thanks OP.

Any leads on: Kingdoms of Amalar is $11.99 for the game and all the DLC. - For STEAM?

It's Origin. On the product page for the bundle, if you click on the base game, Kingdom of Amular: Reckoning [Download] from the list of games in the bundle, it'll take you the base game product page and it'll say requires Origin in the product description.

I bought the bundle awhile back from Amazon as well and just tried entering my product key into Steam: Steam wouldn't take it. Oh well. I'm not finding Origin too bad these days though.

So is Dead Island worth the asking price?

I wish I didn't have to pay taxes on Amazon.

I paid $25 for it and didn't like it enough to finish it. I think it was well worth the $25 I paid for it though. At launch it was very buggy in losing items within the game. They fixed all of that and it's a much better game overall.

Back