Am I missing anything?

bastage

Pics of your wife?
I haven't built a system in several years now. Just been using my main gs60 ghost laptop and haven't even had a desktop. Well I'm receiving a bunch of hardware from my little brother so I'm making sure I'm not missing anything Before I put this thing together.

From the little brother:
I7 3770k
Asus P8Z77-V
2x8gb gskill ddr3 2400
EVGA GTX 770
EVGA supernova p2 1000 watt PSU

I already have:
Fractal Design Arc Midi case
SeaSonic x750 gold PSU
LG 34" 2560x1080 monitor

I have on order:
Dell 5:4 17" to run in portrait next to my LG (I've gotten rather accustomed to having the second small monitor)
Intel 530 480gb SSD from the fs/t forums

I'll grab a Windows 10 pro key from the forums when I get everything else.

Today from the local Facebook classifieds I picked up an EVGA GTX 1060 6gb for $260.

Have a buddy at work who screwed up and ordered a matching set of the same gskill ram when he needed ddr4 and never returned it. He's going to trade me the 1k watt PSU for it.

I intend to sell the gtx 770 for a few bucks once I get everything here and together.

So am I missing anything else I should have before it all gets here and I try putting it together?

Dude, you are set up to have a nice machine.

My old i7-3770/1060 3GB machine performed really well for gaming.

Honestly though, unless you are overclocking that CPU, even the stock cooler would be sufficient.

Dude, you are set up to have a nice machine.

My old i7-3770/1060 3GB machine performed really well for gaming.

Honestly though, unless you are overclocking that CPU, even the stock cooler would be sufficient.

Yeah I don't anticipate any issues gaming especially since my i7 4700 12gb ram with 860m is pushing everything I play fine already. Just been itching to upgrade and can't really do that in my laptop.

Also I realized that my m500 960gb that's in my laptop is considerably faster then the Intel I picked up so they will get swapped as it's just game storage in the laptop anyway.

The only thing missing would be installing BOINC after you get Win10 installed and joining Team [H]. :p

Distributed Computing. Similar to F@H, only it's a program that a lot of different projects use. You attach projects you want to contribute to and let it do its thing.

Team [H] is participating in a year long challenge known as Formula-BOINC. It has 19 Sprints remaining this year that each last 3 - 4 days. So far we have completed 1st in both of these projects, but they've been heavy CPU projects where our team is the strongest. Once we get to a GPU project I feel the team is gonna need to grow more.

https://hardforum.com/threads/formula-boinc-2018.1950308/

Feel free to participate.

Back