Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro with a second pump

DavidD

n00b
I am buying the Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro - Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti Pro M19 - with Backplate but did not realize it had it's own pump till just last night. Aquatuning site says you can use it with one of their other builtin pumps in the same loop. My question is has anyone used it with a D5 pump in the same loop? Will this set up work or should i get a different GPU block?

I am buying the Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro - Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti Pro M19 - with Backplate but did not realize it had it's own pump till just last night. Aquatuning site says you can use it with one of their other builtin pumps in the same loop. My question is has anyone used it with a D5 pump in the same loop? Will this set up work or should i get a different GPU block?

I haven't done it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

A pump is a pump. You should be able to mix and match them in a loop as you see fit.

That said, unless you are building a very large or cumbersome loop with many restrictive blocks and tight bends, I don't see why you would want or need a second pump in the same loop. The built in pump is likely more than enough for most loops. Loops with more than one pump in them are only very rarely needed.

I'd save your money and return the extra pump.

i agree, the pump should work fine with a d5. i was really interested in this initially but i havent been able to find any info about the pump other than the pic in the directions. no mention of impeller material, flow rate, pressure, no specs at all. im also not diggin the fact that its not a true full coverage block. those aluminum heatsinks are going to cook the vrms without some kind of active cooling. after reading a few reviews(cant really even call them reviews) i would bypass the quick connects and just go compression fittings. no nvm, i would return it and get a true full coverage block from ek, bitspower or heatkiller.

I've used the Alphacool "hybrid" GPU blocks before - the ones with a universal block over the core and the giant heatsink catching all the other components - though the one I used did not have an integrated pump.

The performance on the unit I used was good. Not full-cover good, but close.

I'm going to bet that the integrated pump on the Eiswolf, being an Alphacool product, is going to use some version of their compact DC-LT pump or something similar. I'm going to estimate that while putting it in a loop with a D5 won't hurt anything, the GPU block pump won't be contributing enough to the flow of that loop to be worth the added cost and complexity.

If you've already got a loop with the D5 in it that you mention, I'd agree with hititnquitit - your cash would likely be better spent on a straight-up full cover block, assuming one is available. If it's not, you might check Alphacool's lineup of NexXxos GPX blocks. I'm gonna assume that if they make an Eiswolf, they probably have a regular block-only version.

Back