Alienware TactX $29 @ Dell.com

I received mine yesterday.

It's shaped like a mouse, looks like a mouse and slides like a good mouse.

I have big hands and it seems larger than the standard parts on the G9X. That being said it is still much smaller than my Microsoft X8 so I will keep these new mouse as a backup.

Mine was delayed until June 8th, but I just got an email today saying it was shipped and should be delivered on the 4th!

Using it, replaced the trusty ole MX518 and I'm liking it so far. Having the dpi position displayed is nice for when you accidentally hit the up.downs, and the location of the dpi buttons are better than the 518 imo.

Using it, replaced the trusty ole MX518 and I'm liking it so far. Having the dpi position displayed is nice for when you accidentally hit the up.downs, and the location of the dpi buttons are better than the 518 imo.

Also replaced my 518, like the display, but damn this thing is small compared to the 518. I dont know that I like the location as much for the dpi buttons. Its very smooth though, and tracks nicely.
Im going to give it a week or more, ive been using my 518 for years so some time is needed to adjust.

.....very small

Just got a 'Your order has been delayed again and will be cancelled in 24 hours unless you respond' email on they keyboard. I replied since I really want the keyboard :eek:
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Just got a 'Your order has been delayed again and will be cancelled in 24 hours unless you respond' email on they keyboard. I replied since I really want the keyboard :eek:
Wow this just happened to me and then said shipping will be on 6/11. Wow Dell this is ridiculous,

I tried telling you guys...

They pulled they same shit with an eVGA 260 I ordered last year.

Wow this just happened to me and then said shipping will be on 6/11. Wow Dell this is ridiculous,

Same here. :p

Oh well. Since my current setup is working fine, I can wait a little longer for a nice combo for a great price.

I got my keyboard and it all seems good except my "m" key isn't right, takes more force to push and doesn't bounce back up as quick as all the others, is that common?

Got my mouse today. It's small.

Been using my MX518 since they first came it like 5-6 years ago. Don't know if I'm gonna be able to switch. I'll try for a little bit.

Biggest gripe? The middle mouse click is insanely hard to feel. I end up pressing really hard to ensure it clicks.

Got my mouse today. It's small.

Been using my MX518 since they first came it like 5-6 years ago. Don't know if I'm gonna be able to switch. I'll try for a little bit.

Biggest gripe? The middle mouse click is insanely hard to feel. I end up pressing really hard to ensure it clicks.
Same thing for me. I've used it for a few days though and I really like it.

to bad no one wrote g9 clone in the title ida bought a ton of them thanks bla

Edit i guess there is a bunch on ebay i can buy at least

"as required by the FTC"....

Is that BS? Because it seems like Dell is hoping we will forget so they can cancel the order...

Im going to return/sell mine, if anyone here is interested. Figured I would give the peeps who missed out an opportunity. I tried to like it, but im just too used to the Logitech mice. $36 should mostly cover shipping.

I received mine yesterday and have had no trouble moving to it from my MX500 I've been using for years. It feels a lot more accurate and actually works better with my grip (fingertip).

The only problem I've found is that the drivers cause FEAR to run slowly, which seems to be a common problem with new Logitech mice.

Exactly, fingertip grip, my hands were cramping up trying to hold it with claw hands. Obviously a lot of people like them, but not me.

After they delayed my order twice, I called them and canceled my order. I didn't really need the keyboard and mouse, so I won't be missing much. It was a hot deal though, for those that actually received their orders.

Got my mouse finally today. :)

For anyone interested, you can download the latest driver (A04) for the mouse/keyboard here.

So i just got my mouse today. Everything is working great except one thing. The Back button goes back twice. I have the software installed can change colors and the cool stuff, but I cannot for the life of me I cannot get the back button to only go back 1 time. It seem as though its stuck on back/refresh. not sure if anyone else has this issue.

NM Fixed the issue. Uninstalled the lame Logitech clone software and working fine now...

Last edited:
So i just got my mouse today. Everything is working great except one thing. The Back button goes back twice. I have the software installed can change colors and the cool stuff, but I cannot for the life of me I cannot get the back button to only go back 1 time. It seem as though its stuck on back/refresh. not sure if anyone else has this issue.

NM Fixed the issue. Uninstalled the lame Logitech clone software and working fine now...

yeah I was not a fan of that software, its a pile of shit just for the simple task of changing the buttons. I left the alienware control center installed so I can change the color.

Weird...I can't seem to find any proof of the mouse that I ordered ever since the keyboard has been delayed...what gives? It's like they just deleted the mouse from the order and charged me 80 bucks for the keyboard...wtf Dell this is some shady shit...

Dell has delayed my Keyboard, but I did get the mouse last week. Im not playing into their games and will continue to patiently wait for the keyboard. I assume they just want me to cancel the order so they dont have to honor the price but then why make it that price in the first place?

Dell has delayed my Keyboard, but I did get the mouse last week. Im not playing into their games and will continue to patiently wait for the keyboard. I assume they just want me to cancel the order so they dont have to honor the price but then why make it that price in the first place?

or better yet, why do they always seem to sell more items than they have in stock and ready to ship? its not hard to maintain a functioning inventory system, and its also not hard to have a system that alerts dell when item xyz might be mispriced and selling too quick so they can stop it before it gets messy.

or better yet, why do they always seem to sell more items than they have in stock and ready to ship? its not hard to maintain a functioning inventory system, and its also not hard to have a system that alerts dell when item xyz might be mispriced and selling too quick so they can stop it before it gets messy.

tracking inventory requires a computer system...apparently not dell's forte...

Can you guys check your original emails--I can't seem to find the confirmation that includes both the keyboard and mouse together...right now all I see after everything is just an Alienware keyboard for 83 bucks...not the 49 I originally remember paying...

Looks like I won the waiting game, Dell has finally shipped out my keyboard. It really sucks that this is how they run their business but whatever I guess. I got a good deal so whatever.

Can you guys check your original emails--I can't seem to find the confirmation that includes both the keyboard and mouse together...right now all I see after everything is just an Alienware keyboard for 83 bucks...not the 49 I originally remember paying...

That's what my order page looked like, but both shipped today.

Mine finally shipped out as well.

Worth the wait at this price though.

Dammit they ended up shipping mine today and I think Im gonna go over on that card. :( This sucks.

Well just got my keyboard and mouse in and they feel great. The mouse is a little light but still awesome. The keyboard is pretty huge, and I like the armrest. Never had one and it feels pretty good. Im happy they didnt cancel my order!

I keeping getting delay notices. I think I have about 5 already. I just got another one on 6/14

I keeping getting delay notices. I think I have about 5 already. I just got another one on 6/14
Dam man yeah I got three of those, then I just didnt reply back to let them cancel it, then the next day I got a phone call to cancel it but didnt answer then got an email saying it was shipped.

Yeah, I won't be buying anything else from Dell. Took too damn long to get mine.

Got mine about 4 days after ordering, hell of a deal and I am getting 5% Discover cash back! thing blows away my old non gaming MS cordless, love the button to change sensitivity on the fly, but my wife keeps changing the color to hot pink, LOL

Back