Alienware TactX $29 @ Dell.com

oh you have to set yourself has a home & office use

i had it set to higher education

the m17x deal is amazing, $1200 for that? posted on the site u got this from

If my G15 would ever die I think I would just get another G15, I couldn't live or play without that little screen.

The G9x is a nice mouse, am liking some of the larger mice.

Need a 2nd mouse so I jumped on this. Looks pretty damn good for the price.

In for one mouse and still thinking about the keyboard. I really do not need a keyboard, but having a keyboard that matches my mouse sounds oddly appealing right now...

If you look at the comments where the OP got this deal from it appears the mouse is a g9 in a dif shell. Not a g9x.

They also have the Tactx Keyboard for $49 (G11)

Taken from slickdeals.net http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/34620/alienware-accessories-tactx-keyboard-49-tactx-mouse-29

The comments also point out how the person was wrong. The G9 only had a 3200dpi sensor. The G9x has a 5000dpi sensor, that was upgraded to 5700dpi through a driver update. This mouse matches the DPI of what the G9x had originally.

The comments also point out how the person was wrong. The G9 only had a 3200dpi sensor. The G9x has a 5000dpi sensor, that was upgraded to 5700dpi through a driver update. This mouse matches the DPI of what the G9x had originally.

As I stated in my post, it has the Avago 9500 sensor, used by the G9x, G500, Steelseries Xai and about a bazillion other mice.

DPI matches but it is missing the weights still. I guess it's not really the g9 or g9x or maybe a mix of both

EDIT: NVM didn't know both the g9s had weight trays. I concede to you lol

Last edited:
has anyone actually used that keyboard? I am still using a ps2 keyboard from the 1990s (ms natural keyboard, the original model) and torn on if its worth $50.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

In for 2. $62.xx and change for 2 with tax. After reading further down.......... (after ordering, like a dumbass) I think I want the keyboard too. My G15 is great, but i'm willing to try new things.

Fish :cool:

Thanks OP, picked up a matching keyboard and mouse to replace my aging G15 and Razer Boomslang.

I went back and ordered the keyboard. I guess it is finally time for me to stop using a PS/2 device... :)

Is it just me or is the BING cash back not working?

Do you using Bing searching for Dell or for Alienware?

I type in both but I don't get the link for cash back. Did they just cancel it?

Is it just me or is the BING cash back not working?

Do you using Bing searching for Dell or for Alienware?

I type in both but I don't get the link for cash back. Did they just cancel it?

I just checked out using bing cashback for they keyboard. make sure you use ie and no popup or adblockers if it does not appear to be working normally.

on the big cashback site I search for 'dell laptop, and laptop', then right under the search bar (above the results) is a link directly to dell.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I jumped on both the keyboard and the mouse for $82.50 shipped.

Question. Can these be controlled via Logitech SetPoint or a specific Alienware app?

Alienware software. That hardwareheaven review a couple posts back shows it.

I don't need another keyboard but it is tempting to have a matching set. Plus a bonus is that the keys are made with transparent parts. In other words over time the lettering overtime will not rub off since it is not painted or printed on.

I will confess the G9X is hot but I don't like the extended grip which seems to be what is on that Alienware mouse

Ordered.

Bought a Logitech G500 a few months ago and while I like it the feel, I'm always into trying new things (except keyboards). I have a G9x on my main computer and absolutely love it. I'm hoping that the lack of adjustable weights offsets the price I am paying.

Back