Alienware ripoff case: 42.49 shipped

you know.. if it "didn't" have those "eyes" and was aluminum it would be a case I would buy. I think it would look pretty sharp then.

I can not believe how companies could just blatantly rip off an original design. Is that even permittable...? Shrug.

-J.

They don't just rip off the design, they actually named it after a alienware model.

you call that a ripoff of alienware? then this is THE ripoff to end all ripoffs:
here $100 though :eek:

well the case should be here tomorrow.
the psus in the case are the same that are in the dracula cases.
ive built pcs for pepole using these psus and havent had a problem yet.

the psu looks alot better than the turbolink ones that come with aspire cases.

nice link fanz
at least you get a free led fan with that case
:rolleyes:

FanZ said:
you call that a ripoff of alienware? then this is THE ripoff to end all ripoffs:

Thats awesome, Ive been wanting an alienware case. Maybe Ill buy it. SWEET!!!

the case is going under a desk for my dads pc, so sides are not visible.
and if you just look at the case from the front, you really cant go wrong.
he is currently still using the same psu that came in an aspire x dreamer case.
that psu only has 13 a on the 12v rail, so i think this is a huge improvement.

*knocks on wood

Any PSU they use are CRAP and will in time give you a smoked up computer. I've had my two motherboards go dead on me all because I was using an Aspire case PSU and a Powmax PSU. So crap.

Admittedly, some CRAP PSU's actually run fine but they are still a ticking bomb.

-J.

Talonz said:
That's the ugliest case I've seen in my life.

And I've seen a lot of ugly cases :p

Werd the red one doesn't look bad but the green is just horrible.

honkee said:
the case is going under a desk for my dads pc, so sides are not visible.
and if you just look at the case from the front, you really cant go wrong.
he is currently still using the same psu that came in an aspire x dreamer case.
that psu only has 13 a on the 12v rail, so i think this is a huge improvement.

*knocks on wood
Doubt the newer psu is much better, though the psu that comes stock in the aspire case has got to be the worst i've read about recently. I tried convincing a buddy of mine but he wouldn't listen, took his perfectly good hard drive and fried it on the psu's initial boot. Let off a smell and everything.

I would only recommend a sparkle/fortron "FSP" for anybody looking for an inexpensive psu.

Xblade Gamer 64
AMD Athlon 64 2800+ CPU, 512MB DDR400 Memory, 80GB SATA Hard Drive, 256MB FX5200 Video, CD Burner & DVD combo, 5.1 channel Sound, 56K V.92 Modem, 10/100 Lan, 2200W 4.1 subwoofer speaker system

finalgt said:
Xblade Gamer 64
AMD Athlon 64 2800+ CPU, 512MB DDR400 Memory, 80GB SATA Hard Drive, 256MB FX5200 Video, CD Burner & DVD combo, 5.1 channel Sound, 56K V.92 Modem, 10/100 Lan, 2200W 4.1 subwoofer speaker system

What's wrong with that video card? 256 megs is a lot of memory, and the more memory on a video card, the better. This law is non negotiable. Besides, it's called a gamer computer. Obviously it's the best hardware for gaming!

Okay... You don't get it.

He bolded it because... the title says "Gaming". And that video card is sooo not for gaming. It's for StarCraft, and the likes (sarcasm). It's worst video card anyone would want. Definitely not the right combo there.

-J.

I don't see what everyone has against the Asus Vento. It's a pretty fine case in my opinion.

robberbaron said:
What's wrong with that video card?(FX 5200) 256 megs is a lot of memory, and the more memory on a video card, the better. This law is non negotiable. Besides, it's called a gamer computer. Obviously it's the best hardware for gaming!
Sig worthy :D

ps, know you were joking

The only alienware cases I like are the ones that they oem from Chenbro, the Granite series. All the other ones look way to gaudy.

GeForceX said:
Okay... You don't get it.

He bolded it because... the title says "Gaming". And that video card is sooo not for gaming. It's for StarCraft, and the likes (sarcasm). It's worst video card anyone would want. Definitely not the right combo there.

-J.

Your sarcasm detector is broken. You're the one that doesn't "get it."

hahaha, i had to read that twice to get that baron.

yes, he was joking around in that post about ram size on video cards

That's pretty sweet, I always admired the Alienware Case Designs. $100 though.
xtc1.jpg

This PC case comes pre-installed with 1 FREE LED fan.
woah boy! FREE LED FAN! because those LEDs get so hot!

actually... if it *IS* an alienware the insides look pretty nice
open_chassis.jpg

ah crap why are the insides different!?!
51_enlarge_open_chassis.jpg

oh man who knows that those will cases look like on the inside.
aurora_enlarge_open_chassis.jpg

ALX case
open_chassis.jpg

With the longer, new video cards with massive heatsinks, the PCB board bends over time. The plasic piece keeps the card from bending. Good idea.

D'oh-- my sarcasm detector pretty much did break. :D

The insides of the case is pretty admirable though.

-J.

Talonz said:
That's the ugliest case I've seen in my life.

And I've seen a lot of ugly cases :p

I'm going to have to disagree... It's not traditional, but in a color that looks like it didn't come out the wrong end of a baby (When you have to clean it up, they're both the wrong end. Before someone asked.) it is a very nice case. I'm going to have to see if I can't find views of this beast in a few colors.

FanZ said:
LOL isnt that the actual alienware case tho? i dont see how thats a ripoff in that case.

Back