Aion Beta

any sites still handing out beta keys?

I'm not about to pay to participate in an open beta. If I like it, then I'll buy it.

any sites still handing out beta keys?

I'm not about to pay to participate in an open beta. If I like it, then I'll buy it.

As has been mentioned multiple times in this thread, you can sign up for Aion pre-order from Amazon, and nothing would get charged to your credit card unless you lack the brain cells to cancel the order before it ships in two weeks form now.

Last edited:
Does amazon send you a key for the beta? I pre-ordered from them, and I never got a key from them.

So all the open beta servers just got shut down all of a sudden. Anyone know why or heard if they are just restarting them or something?

So all the open beta servers just got shut down all of a sudden. Anyone know why or heard if they are just restarting them or something?

They're just restarting it. Someone forgot to turn off the "play for 5 hours then no more loot/XP for you" code.

two words sum it up for me: overhyped and asian. grossly overhyped imo. passed it on to my roommate to be disappointed. the only thing i like is being able to make some awkward looking characters.

i think i know what we'll be seeing regarding aion within the next six months.

Last edited:
I was in the closed beta and it's nice, but it's just another MMO I think. The aerial combat could have been truly epic I think but it's really not the focus of PvP so meh.

I don't know.......after getting to level 10 I take back what I said about this game. It's got some serious potential. It does really suck you in as you go higher.

I'm playing a mage and the combo chain attacks combined with the fluid animation........this could get addicting. I'm also playing with friends so that might make a difference compared to last beta when I played alone and quit after level 4.

Also this game runs on the Cryengine and looks absolutely GORGEOUS at full maxed. You have to pick the right class, I hated the melee classes and that's partially why I didn't give it a chance, but the casters are just perfect.

Hmmm, so can anyone help me regarding the amazon code? Nothing in my email inbox, and nothing showing up in my media library in my amazon account either...

Hmmm, so can anyone help me regarding the amazon code? Nothing in my email inbox, and nothing showing up in my media library in my amazon account either...

When did you preorder? Normally they send the codes out before the beta test starts, so if you preordered after it started more then likely it will either be a couple days or you will get one before next beta trial starts if there is one.

its been too laggy to play most of the day. euro servers apparently have about the same player density, but no connection problems. hopefully ncsoft sorts this out soon.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

They were down and up pretty quick, seemed hte lag issue was fixed after this.

I've only played it for a bit, but I've had a good time, nothing really new, but it is a nice breath of fresh air. The graphics are awesome and animations are top notch, I just have to play more. I also like my priest, just need to level him more.

Everything I've seen so far makes me want to try it, but I let that $5 they want to charge for an "open" beta keep me out.

I've only played it for a bit, but I've had a good time, nothing really new, but it is a nice breath of fresh air. The graphics are awesome and animations are top notch, I just have to play more. I also like my priest, just need to level him more.

I leveled a Chanter for a bit, they are awesome. Supposedly Clerics are nearly unkillable 1v1.

They were down and up pretty quick, seemed hte lag issue was fixed after this.

You know the lag issue caused me to catch my ISP with their pants down. After the lag hit I noticed it improved slightly if the wife logged out and vice versa. Gave up went to the couch to stream a netflix. She got booted netflixx dropped my connection. Ran a speedtest. Found the 20 mbps I'm paying for was throttled down to 6mbps. Hopefully it gets resolved today. I'm begining to hate Quest and miss Comcrap.

I really don't see what people see in the graphics. Personally WoW's environments look better, but Aion's character models are much better. So far I have mixed feelings with the game. I need to put more time into it this week.

I really don't see what people see in the graphics. Personally WoW's environments look better, but Aion's character models are much better. So far I have mixed feelings with the game. I need to put more time into it this week.

I think we are all more excited about the great attention to detail being put into the armors and weapons. However, I have a gripe with the edge of each map/area. If you notice the mountain edges that are your "boundaries" on the edge of hte maps you have great detail, great detail then you hit hte mountain and you just hit complete garbage.

However, the zones (2nd zone for Elyos comes to mind) where the water gives you the boundaries with those large water creatures. That is really cool...

For the most part I think it's a tie. WoWs definitely looks slightly better depending on the zone your in. Water is definitely better in Aion. All in all I'm loving how somethings "feel" simpler in Aion than in WoW.

The single starter zone for example is nice. Although having everyone and their brother there at once Sunday morning blew. Waiting about 30 minutes and a channel switch later helped. It was nice though being able to pick what I wanted and not worry about having to trek across the globe to play with my wife and friends.

Combat feels more involved than WoW. Where as I had my standard rotation with little to no deviation in every fight in WoW grew old. I feel like I have more options. This could also be the class I chose this round of beta. Playing an assassin now. In wow I played a Pally as my main, Hunter, DK, and Mage were alts. Animations feel more fluid opposed to WoWs feeling of stiffness (best description I can give). Although even Gladiator felt like i had a few more options for what to do next in combat.

Getting the hang of flying is kind of killing it for me. WoW's flying feels waaaaay more intuitive. All in all I'm still happy with my preorder and looking forward to launch.

I do agree with everyone, combat is more involved. Like I said I need to put some time into each class this week.

Back