Added 560ti, PPD not what I expected :(

86 5.0L

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
7,130
Hey guys, I got a 560ti today, excited I shutdown my rig and move my GTX460 to the 2nd slot and place the 560ti in the 1st slot. restarted the rig and installed the newest drivers off the Nvidia website. Now that I restarted GPU Tracker, let it work for a few minutes and notice my 460 has lost 3k ppd and my 560ti is only getting ~12-13k PPD

Did I forgot a step or miss something? thanks

unled2yr.jpg
 
Hmm, could be one of several things but the easiest thing to check would be to switch back to an earlier driver. With NV drivers there seem to be some that are better for folding than others, Current favorites are 258.96 and 260.99, i have also read reports that the newer drivers are not as stable.

I would do the uninstall/driver sweeper/ install one of the drivers mentioned above thing and see what happens
 
260.99

This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, and 400-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.

i dont think it supports the 5-series :(
 
Oh, Thats not going to help then, Lemme see if there are any other recommendations

How about trying 266.66? or the newest Beta driver.

Also check what GPU Physix is set to, IIRC it needs to be set to CPU so that it doesn't interfere with folding
 
Last edited:
We need to have a talk about desktop clutter and the minimize button....

Beyond that I have nothing because besides the borgs I've been out of GPU folding for a while now.
 
My guess is your GPUS are fighting with your CPU for resources. Try pausing the SMP client for a bit (after that lovely bigadv finishes) and see what happens. Also it will depend on the WU which I'm sure you know.

Either way it should be an overall increase in points although it wont be as much as you would expect. It sucks but you'll probably have to live with it.
 
Looks like it is in 2d clocks. Bump voltage +13 mV for GPU1, reboot, and try again? Also, try running your your smp unit with the -smp 7. I think it is possible within the tracker program.
 
sorry forgot a few details, it is set to -smp 7, since I installed it long ago. both GPUs are at 900 and 800 Mhz(560ti and 460 respectively) so no 2d clocks.

tried uninstall/sweep/reinstall, same deal. Will try earlier drivers :(
 
Make sure afterburner is set to control the clock speeds of the two cards separately and verify your GPU clocks are what they should be.

Are you running smp 7 on that bigadv? Like others have mentioned, you'll need a few CPU cycles to feed those GPUs. Running smp 7 will free up one "core" for GPU use.

Also, lol at the strategic window placement censoring.
 
i've got a 560 ti running with these clocks:
Core: 939
Shaders: 1878
Mem: 2100
Driver: 266.77
I get 13,512 average on the 6800 unit along with folding bigadv on the same machine
 
SLI isn't enabled is it?

I assume you've reboot?
 
We need to have a talk about desktop clutter and the minimize button....

Beyond that I have nothing because besides the borgs I've been out of GPU folding for a while now.

Kendrak almost forgot what this thread was about.:eek:
 
I'm not exactly sure how GPU Tracker handles installing the clients. Maybe you could find out where the FAH files are kept and delete those to force GPU tracker to reinstall them?

Or, you could abandon GPU tracker altogether and venture into the wild world of handling your own clients :)
 
"force constant voltage" set within Afterburner for both cards? I'm running out of ideas.
 
How many threads do you have running SMP? You may need more free resources for the video cards. Also I am with W.Feather... Backround linkage?
 
MSI N560GTX Ti Twin Frozr II
ForceWare 266.66
Core 880
Shader 1760
Memory 2100

TPF1:28, PPD 12744, P6800


My 560 at stock clocks is also a little slow on these P6800.
But I have been 15-18K PPD on other WU, so I chalk it up to some supper cruchy WUs at hope for a better WU next time. :)
 
Meh I guess I was overambitious on this card I was hoping for 13.5k minimum =\
 
Guys, nvidia GPU's need minimal, yes, minimal, not a whole core, of CPU resources for folding!

I just got a 460GTX and if I overclocked it too much it would drop back to 2D clocks, than and I had driver crashes once or twice. If I set her at 900 core, the drivers would crash or she'd drop down to 2D clocks, but she purrs along nicely at 875 core at 1.025 volts (1.037 is default).

If that voltage is not stock, raise it to stock and if necessary underclock a little. I would get about 5800PPD with 2D clocks.

Underclock a little and raise the voltage to see if that helps your cause, if not that, then blam e nvidia for their lousy drivers as of late!
 
Added the 460 back after getting a nice and stable OC on the 560. I realize this is probably short term, best-case scenario. but damn does the PPD look good :)

unled2ss.jpg
 
hmmm looks like it dropped to 2D clocks overnight.... I backed down the overclock, maybe my 650w isnt enough?
 
well, this is better...

unled2es.jpg

What, are you crazy? That's WAY worse!

All I can see is some kind of Windows logo in your background?! Definitely not an improvement from the earlier screenshot, I dunno what you guys are smoking... :confused:
 
Back
Top