Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

Guys, how hot does the back of the Shimian get in use? Any 'whining' on white pages?

Just wondering as the CrossOver gets a bit warm at the back in use.

(That new crossover logo is ugly)

Edit: Came across this:

This is apparently a problem with all of the Korean monitors, as the controller is right behind the VESA mounting. Didn't see it mentioned in this thread, so just a warning.

Yeah, I found out about that the hard way too. I hooked up my mount and then went to plug in the power supply and it saw a short. So I installed another spacer and it appears to be working fine now, thankfully.

Guys, how hot does the back of the Shimian get in use? Any 'whining' on white pages?

Just wondering as the CrossOver gets a bit warm at the back in use.

(That new crossover logo is ugly)

Edit: Came across this:

This is apparently a problem with all of the Korean monitors, as the controller is right behind the VESA mounting. Didn't see it mentioned in this thread, so just a warning.

Yeah same thing happened to me, I posted it somewhere forgot where.

*EDIT* Found it

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038587077&postcount=669

The power plug is a little iffy and falls out very easily. I did have an issue when I mounted it on my stand, the screws that came with my stand were too long and ended up causing a short when plugging in to the electrical which scared me for a sec but using the screws that came with the stand worked fine. The power brick I received was made for standard US displays and was included in the ebay listing from dcsamsungmall. The brick gets pretty hot to the touch, not enough to burn but wouldn't like it to be any hotter. The display itself also emits more heat than my LCDs but nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
I cant help but wonder if you have some other issue ulti, can you try the monitor on another computer?

I have never seen that many dead pixels, and so evenly spaced, I almost wonder if it is possibly an issue the cable or video card. I am trying to think of how that could happen and pass quality control. almost like on the flight over it was baked in an oven or something to just near its melting point.

Run a stuck pixel fixing program and see if any of them change.

Yup, I tried on my brother's PC and I recorded another video with more inherent flickering and it shows the stuck pixels more clearly. Can't upload it yet though as everyone's using the internet now, perhaps I'll upload it tomorrow morning and send the two videos to the seller and see what he sees. Sucks because I paid ~$60 customs for a duff monitor.

I wouldn't say it's evenly spaced, the middle is slightly "cleaner" then the edges, on the left hand side there is a cluster of about 30 stuck pixels but there are pretty much stuck pixels across the whole screen.

I've tried to run the stuck pixel fixing program but it hasn't even fixed a noticeable amount of stuck pixels in my eyes.

Sucks because I paid ~$60 customs for a duff monitor.

I've seen other users reporting that they had to pay extra for the monitor to cross into the states. Was this $60 added on to your original purchase? How do you pay this extra money to get through customs? What was the buying price off eBay and what was your final price when you finally received it if you don't mind me asking?

i just ordered from accessorieswhole

ebay list price included everything. no extra shipping or nothing. monitor floating through indiana hub right now.

my impression from the majority of people in the states is that they don't have to pay extra for customs.

Last edited:
Guys how do you get this 240volts monitor to work here?

Either get a step-up transformer rated for 100+ watts, or buy a replacement PSU (24v, 3 or 4 amp -- can't remember -- and make sure you get the polarity right) rated for 120v. That, or use the 220v and hope for the best. Sadly mine died after working correctly for about 2 months.

Those aren't stuck pixels.

Hmm, what are they? They only appear on a black background and are in the same spots when I try using two different systems.

I've seen other users reporting that they had to pay extra for the monitor to cross into the states. Was this $60 added on to your original purchase? How do you pay this extra money to get through customs? What was the buying price off eBay and what was your final price when you finally received it if you don't mind me asking?

I'm actually from the UK as silent-circuit noted. I got an invoice sent to me by snailmail and then paid for it online.

To be more exact, actually the actual customs charge was £0, but VAT was around £23.45 (~$35) and handling/admin was £13.50 (~$20).

I guess the total is closer to $55 actually. Buying price off eBay was $299.90 off dream-seller. Final price is roughly £230 (~$355)

It's probably dust. You must have gotten the tempered glass model.

Dust particles look different, as if there's diffusion going on or if there's a tiny spec of water on the screen and therefore when I look at the screen from different angles they look different colours, there is also dust stuck so I know what it looks like, and believe me, the dust is the lesser of the two evils.

This is a fixed colour on a black background, if it was dust surely they would also appear on white/green/red/blue backgrounds?

I just wonder how noone else has encountered the same problem as me? I did see someone say they returned theirs as they have about 50 stuck pixels, but not seen anyone else have such a major stuck pixels problem like mine.

Dust particles look different, as if there's diffusion going on or if there's a tiny spec of water on the screen and therefore when I look at the screen from different angles they look different colours, there is also dust stuck so I know what it looks like, and believe me, the dust is the lesser of the two evils.
It was just a thought, since that's likely what Vega meant. I see you clearly know how to distinguish dust from bright pixels.

Sorry, I may have come across as too defensive.

Awaiting Vega's advice though because I know he's a monitor guru. Or perhaps NCX can tell me what's going on with my monitors? I slept early and woke up too late so I haven't had a chance to upload a second video yet.

I have four of the 2B catleap panels and one has the same colored "sparkle" effect just like yours around the edges. I've examined the problem and they aren't stuck pixels. The borders are irregular unlike a stuck pixel, as are the sizes, and only appear on a solid black background. (Something that also wouldn't occur with stuck pixels of varying colors). It is a refraction of light on small dust particles or other manufacturing defect under the layers of the gloss layer adhered to the panel, not under the glass.

I think it is a manufacturing defect when the different layers are applied to the LCD panel. The adhesive used on the polarization and/or gloss layer coating could also be contaminated and/or not used properly causing the problem.
I found it acceptable as I can only see them on a solid black background and if I get close and stare at them. The "sparkle" screen, from a normal viewing distance, is actually one of my better screens as the three other ones all have one little hair stuck under the gloss coating lol.

Stare at the "sparkle" effect really close and change the image from solid black to a normal bright image. You will see them all disappear as the light is no longer being "blocked" and refracted during displaying a solid black background image. LCD's when displaying black do not block 100% light, enough is let through to refract on visual defects and really highlight them.

Last edited:
That's fair reasoning Vega, I assumed when you get pixel level colours of green blue and red that don't change with viewing that they would be stuck pixels. But what you say is also sound, roughly how much was your monitor affected by this effect? As I've said, I've got it pretty much all over the screen apart from in the middle and along with the flickering, I can't accept this monitor. Will see what the seller says.

On the flip side, I've heard that these power bricks run really hot but to me they seem completely fine. Might be because the UK's electricity is closer to Korea then US electricity.

Read or search the thread. There are at least 3 or 4 links to a power supply that works with these.
Since its so easy and after rereading 40 pages looking
Maybe you could repost those 3 or 4 links ?

Thank You for your time and Very helpful answer !

2nd one(glass shimian) arrived the other day from red-hat
absolutely 100% perfect screen zero dead or stuck pixles or dust. 3 days to ottawa canada

i just ordered from accessorieswhole

ebay list price included everything. no extra shipping or nothing. monitor floating through indiana hub right now.

my impression from the majority of people in the states is that they don't have to pay extra for customs.

Two monitors from two different sellers, no customs fees so far.

What are the different models?

I saw a 2B panel but it was multi input I thought there was a version with no speakers and just a single DL-DVI

Hi guys, how reliable are the monitors from dream-seller? how much time does it take him to send the monitors?? any bad experience with dead pixels from him?? Who is the most reliable seller?

Last edited:
Got my Yamakasi Catleap Q270's last week, mounted up and looking sweet! No dead pixels, and no brightness issues on the bottom inch. Also, my monitors didn't need much colour correction like some have reported. Got them for 325 (tested and with the American adapter) from red-cap on ebay. Ordered on Thursday, arrived on Monday from Korea!

I finally decided on a pixel-perfect PC Bank my seller is using Fed Ex express. Now I'm being asked to fill out a FCC 740 to get it through customs. Is this normal?

No, it's not normal. They usually just send it and it arrives. I never dealt with any customs stuff on my end. Who are you ordering from anyway

No, it's not normal. They usually just send it and it arrives. I never dealt with any customs stuff on my end. Who are you ordering from anyway

I ordered from pallascospi.Man I'm getting worried. The form doesn't really ask for much personal information but it kinda makes no sense. Below is the body of the e-mail sent.

Attached is the invoice for the shipment I am trying to pre-clear through US Customs along with the required FCC 740 form. Please complete the form and return it to me as soon as possible to ensure no delay at Customs. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Please note, you only need to provide the following:

1. Quantity
2. Model type/number
3. Trade-name
4. Comm. Description
5. MFG name/address
6. Consignee name address
7. Importer name/address
8. Sign/date
9. Check a box in part 2
a. FedEx will only clear shipments with box 1, 2, 3, or 7. Checking box 1 requires an FCC ID number.

Just got my crossover in and at first I was super impressed but have since noticed weird patterns on the left side of the screen. When the image I'm looking it is pretty homogeneous and I don't notice anything, but whenever I'm looking at simpler patterns I started to notice that it looked like a column of 1-2 pixels on the far left of the screen was out of place.

This image is a perfect example of what i'm talking about.

2u94lqt.jpg

Now, without posting a million more pictures, what it seems to be based on going through lots of images is that somehow the pixels on the very left of the screen are a "scrunched down" version of the pixels on the far right of the screen. I know that sounds crazy but it is easily reproducible. The image above is perfect at showing this because the left side of the image is supposed to be completely black and slowly fade to color as it moves to the left.

I first noticed it when I fired up diablo 3 on the load screens and it looked like their was a vertical line on the far right screen that the coloration was just super out of place.

So, any ideas what this is? or if this is rectifiable?

I finally decided on a pixel-perfect PC Bank my seller is using Fed Ex express. Now I'm being asked to fill out a FCC 740 to get it through customs. Is this normal?

Interesting. I am guessing your seller didn't send it as a "gift." I ordered from TA_Planet and AccessoriesWhole and didn't have to fill out the customs form either time.

Contact your seller, looks like they did not submit the proper custom form.

Back