Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

The "120Hz" Catleap monitors recently sold by Greensum are NOT 120Hz-capable. They can take a 120 Hz input, but actually refresh at 60Hz. Here is more info. Any Catleap on Amazon or anywhere else can't even take a 120Hz input. The only source for 120Hz Catleaps currently is at 120Hz.net.

Those misadvertised monitors are being sold by bigclothcraft, not Greensum. At least pretend you've actually read through the thread :p

Those misadvertised monitors are being sold by bigclothcraft, not Greensum. At least pretend you've actually read through the thread :p

My mistake. I meant bigclothcraft and ta_planet. Greensum is the supplier for 120hz.net.

I'm sure the people you play with aren't missing you at all right now. :rolleyes:

Do you seriously expect anything to make it all the way from Korea to New Jersey in 2-3 days?

DHL delivered in 2 days from korea to nj last month :D

Good news :
fedexl.jpg

anyone really know the difference between q270 se and 2703? I really want to get one ordered this evening to possible ship today/Wednesday in Korea...

My ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-Lite arrived today from seller red-cap and I am super happy!!!

No obvious back-light bleed that I can see, but need to test further in a dark room (currently at work).

I found only one stuck or maybe dead pixel in bottom left corner. Currently running UD-Pixel on it to get it unstuck maybe. It is very hard to see it against a white and yellow backgrounds, so I think it might just be stuck pixel.

very very happy with my $309 purchase!!

DHL delivered in 2 days from korea to nj last month :D

Yep I live in NJ to. this is just insane fast shipping. Never seen anything like it. I'm wondering if this is being shipped from California somehow.

Anyway this Yamakasi rocks that I got from greensum. No dead pixels and no backlight bleeding at all. Just insane for the price, truly unbeatable.

I rather buy 1 of these every 3 years than an ACD that lasts 20 years.

BTW is that acd ICC profile the correct one to use on the TFT site even though it says
its for a 24 inch acd and my monitor is a 27in ???

Calibrated my Shimian with an i1Display Pro. The blue cast has been removed along with some brightness and contrast ratio. I think the final ratio was about 570:1 with 6500K white point. Basically the blue/green is really hot on these.

Still a fantastic display especially at the price and zero dead/stuck pixels.

It's a little dimmer now than I would prefer, but I'll take that if the color space is more accurate.

570:1 is terrible, blacks start to become greyish once the contrast dips below 800:1 @120cdm/2, unless you are in a very bright room. Try the basiccolor 5 free 14 day trial, you may get better results, I did vs the i1 profiler software

Hi, has anyone purchased the ~$400 HDMI model and done gaming on it. Can you please report on your experience with the monitor regarding input lag?

Also can you connect a laptop via the VGA port?

Yep I live in NJ to. this is just insane fast shipping. Never seen anything like it. I'm wondering if this is being shipped from California somehow.

Anyway this Yamakasi rocks that I got from greensum. No dead pixels and no backlight bleeding at all. Just insane for the price, truly unbeatable.

I rather buy 1 of these every 3 years than an ACD that lasts 20 years.

BTW is that acd ICC profile the correct one to use on the TFT site even though it says
its for a 24 inch acd and my monitor is a 27in ???

everything I could find on my shimian had the from address in Korea in well, korean and I couldnt read much of it, and the to was my address in the states, and had customs paperwork filled out as such

its really quite shocking

I used the ACD profile after I 'tuned' mine myself in windows, and wow was it better, I wouldnt think that size would matter for a color profile anyways

First to the labu guy or whatever... I got a pixel perfect monitor from greensum about two weeks ago. The note you got was a courteous one... don't be such a turd.

And what empirical evidence do you have to base that statement on? What's that? You're spouting misinformed ignorance?

You do realize all these panels, including the ones from Apple & Dell, come from LG, right...? A Korean company? Derpp?

My own vast experience in looking for the best prices on electronics and often buying no name or cheaper unknown name electronics and having device after device fail.

I used the ACD profile after I 'tuned' mine myself in windows, and wow was it better, I wouldnt think that size would matter for a color profile anyways

Not sure why someone began recommending the ACD profile, but it yields an unbearable blue/green cast on newer revision Shimians (albeit, slightly better than default), IMHO. If it looks good to you, go for it, but just know that the white point is not even close to neutral.

Not sure why someone began recommending the ACD profile, but it yields an unbearable blue/green cast on newer revision Shimians (albeit, slightly better than default), IMHO. If it looks good to you, go for it, but just know that the white point is not even close to neutral.

its is noticably less blue than what it came with stock on mine. VERY noticable when swapping profiles

its is noticably less blue than what it came with stock on mine. VERY noticable when swapping profiles

Agreed, stock blue/green push is horrendous. The ACD profile makes it slightly less horrendous :p

I think many people are so used to seeing overly cool/blue-hued "whites" in TV's, monitors, etc. that they have no concept of what neutral whites/greys actually look like. Perhaps ignorance is bliss in this case.

Agreed, stock blue/green push is horrendous. The ACD profile makes it slightly less horrendous :p

I think many people are so used to seeing overly cool/blue-hued "whites" in TV's, monitors, etc. that they have no concept of what neutral whites/greys actually look like. Perhaps ignorance is bliss in this case.

it was still better than my existing TN's that I never really tuned much, I knew they were too blue but got tired of fussing with them

Anyone have a recommendation on a calibration tool for these monitors? I was looking at the Huey Pro (< $100)

Anyone have a recommendation on a calibration tool for these monitors? I was looking at the Huey Pro (< $100)

I'm very happy w/ the results from my Spyder4Pro coupled with ColorEyes Display Pro (just used the demo version). Haven't tried any of the less expensive calibration meters to evaluate whether the price differential is worth it.

You need to use a spyder 4 pro/elite or an i1 display pro. Older meters don't give accurate colour temperatures and many yield inaccurate results with LED back-lit displays. The i1 display pro is the best.

You need to use a spyder 4 pro/elite or an i1 display pro. Older meters don't give accurate colour temperatures and many yield inaccurate results with LED back-lit displays. The i1 display pro is the best.

Anything cheaper??

I'm using the ACD 24" profile. it is better than the stock.. perfect no. I'm no way near as picky about displays as so many seem to be here though. hell I ran my westy 37" at default for like 5 years...

so.. given that... I love with this Crossover... the only hard part is.. I need new eyewear... got spoiled with the dot pitch the westy had at 1080p... was so easy to lean back and see... with the crossover ( 27" vs 37", and 1440p vs 1080p ) its harder to read.. I am 50 after all... lol

When swapping profiles you need to look away from the screen for awhile before looking back. Your eye/brain white balances and when you do a significant change things can look really bad. For example take two displays calibrated differently. On their own the whites may both look correct, but when placed next to each other one will look green while the other looks red.

570:1 is terrible, blacks start to become greyish once the contrast dips below 800:1 @120cdm/2, unless you are in a very bright room. Try the basiccolor 5 free 14 day trial, you may get better results, I did vs the i1 profiler software

Thanks, I'll give this a try. I also used Argyll and got similar results. My display does not look washed out due to the contrast ratio. I'm wondering if the measuring tool is picking up some of my BLB. Doesn't take much to kill a reading.

The native display had a color temperature of 13,000k+ and contrast of ~700:1. So one area where these panels suffer is probably the LEDs used.

I'm not ready to jump to an ACD to get a glossy display, but I may not buy 2 more Shimians like I had originally planned either.

Last edited:
Anyone know which sellers for achieva shimian or yamasaki catleap will pay return shipping if your monitor proves to be defective?

Saw some guy on craigslist trying to flip these monitors for $450. Making retail price claims on the ACD version of the panel.

Seems like everyone knows about them now lol.

Got my CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P from AccessoriesWhole .. wow one day fedex from korea to New jersey .. Zero dead pixels and the image quality is excellent .. $395 is a steal wow .. :)

Got my CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P from AccessoriesWhole .. wow one day fedex from korea to New jersey .. Zero dead pixels and the image quality is excellent .. $395 is a steal wow .. :)

Order the same one yesterday and already in AK.. I am hoping it is as good as you and everyone else says and I will be ordering up a second and maybe a third.

Hoping to pull the trigger tonight so I need your help with replies asap please :confused:

I am deciding between Q270 and the Q270 multi since I have PS3 also

1) Is the Q270 multi-input (w/ HDMI) a "bad" monitor for gaming? please explain why if you can

2) Is the pixel perfect guarantee worth it?

the multi-input version of the monitor has much higher input lag from what i hear
so might not be best choice for gaming

Back