Achieva Shimian QH270| $400 IPS 2560x1440 Korean Monitor

That's the IPSMS model, the multi-input version. It has one frame of lag, and it doesn't seem to have a proper backlight brightness control, which means gray blacks because you can't lower the brightness without hurting contrast and possibly crushing blacks. I would avoid that model. The single-input versions don't have those problems.

Last edited:
No, it is correct. An oscilloscope is the most accurate device for measuring input lag.

So dream-seller got my monitor back , he claims he did not find anything wrong and sent over a video. Its a good thing I also created a video of the monitor before sending it back to him , so I sent it over to him with all the details .... still waiting to hear from him but this doesn't look that good,

He is completely denying that there is anything wrong with the monitor. He initially agreed that there are dead pixels after seeing the pictures/videos but now he is claiming ignorance. I think it was my stupidity to trust him and send something back halfway across the world. Here is the video I created before sending the monitor back, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts7F9J0Vlcc&feature=youtu.be.

well.. sorry to see luck of the draw has seen a few with not such great luck.. but again, Im super pleased with my Crossover. after using the westy 37 for years.. the image quality is just insane! well worth it for me. as far as durability.. who knows.. only time will tell. there is no way to know whether a dell or acd will last any longer.. Im quite certain statistically.. many of us Korean knock off owners will enjoy longer durability. name brand aint what it used to be in this world

First to the labu guy or whatever... I got a pixel perfect monitor from greensum about two weeks ago. The note you got was a courteous one... don't be such a turd.

And in 10 years the apple display would still be working just as well as it did day one.

Your three korean monitors would long ago have bit the dust.

That said - I'm still half interested in one of these or I wouldn't be reading this thread. :D

And what empirical evidence do you have to base that statement on? What's that? You're spouting misinformed ignorance?

You do realize all these panels, including the ones from Apple & Dell, come from LG, right...? A Korean company? Derpp?

5 days and still waiting .. what kind of business take so many days to ship out

When you are backlogged like Green-sum. He just shipped out over 100 120hz monitors from the special run. Your order was probably at the back end. He didn't forget you.

Does anyone know anything about the capacitor's / non-panel internal parts on these? Are they all also from Korea? I got burnt on a 30 inch gateway a few weeks past the warranty so I'm nervous about these dying a year after purchase.

The monitors have LG boards, they should be reliable. No one has any of the monitors a year yet. Mine is going on 4 months with no problems.

Which one do you recommend buying? I've read all of this and a few other sites and still not 100% sure...
Green-sum even had like 4-5 variations it seems... I know I want the single input... just not sure beyond that... also not sure if the extra $ is worth it for "pixel perfect"

When you are backlogged like Green-sum. He just shipped out over 100 120hz monitors from the special run. Your order was probably at the back end. He didn't forget you.

I ask to cancel my order and im waiting for my refund.. I will buy from another seller ..

Which one do you recommend buying? I've read all of this and a few other sites and still not 100% sure...
Green-sum even had like 4-5 variations it seems... I know I want the single input... just not sure beyond that... also not sure if the extra $ is worth it for "pixel perfect"

TA_Planet is authorized dealer for Achieva, Green-sum is Yamakasi authorized dealer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QH270-Lite-...8554?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4ab5f0365a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-YAMAKAS...=656749129530979887&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=3&

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The monitors have LG boards, they should be reliable. No one has any of the monitors a year yet. Mine is going on 4 months with no problems.

Of course, if they should prove to be unreliable, I wouldn't count on ANY kind of support or warranty service.

I ask to cancel my order and im waiting for my refund.. I will buy from another seller ..
PayPal will hold your Refund for about 3 days and the Monitor would have been sitting on your desk by then.

OWell, Some people you will never make happy, I bet $ One Dollar that when you do get your screen , That you will find something ( anything ) wrong and send it back
Then you will come here and post 6 pages on why the screens are not worth a Dime.

Well, I rolled the dice, and they came up good. I now own a Wecube ST2770W 27" 2560x1440 monitor. This doesn't have any obvious glaring issues, other than a bit of backlight bleed. No dead pixels. Unfortunately, it has a variety of inputs, and a built in scalar/OSD, so I'm sure there's a bit more input lag than there would have been if I had actually gotten the HP ZR30W I've been trying to get here since March. The stand is flimsy, almost completely non-adjustable, and I think it's not even fully removable (the base detaches, but as far as I can tell the rest of it doesn't) if I wanted to replace it with a VESA mount stand.

I paid 350,000 KRW, which is almost exactly $300. It'll do until I get to Japan where I know I'll be able to order something better without it getting stolen by the ****tards in the military mail system here at Osan.

My luck gets worse everyday ... I cancel greensum order and went to Accesorieswholesale and they ship out my item by fedex economy wich take 6 days unreal BS ..

My luck gets worse everyday ... I cancel greensum order and went to Accesorieswholesale and they ship out my item by fedex economy wich take 6 days unreal BS ..

Quit your whining. Seriously. Do you know how long I've been trying to get my hands on an upgrade from my Dell 2407WFP? I've been trying a lot longer than the pathetic two weeks that you're crying about.

No No
Let him whine some more, His posts keep getting better !
I now come here just to read about the Trainwreck

And in 10 years the apple display would still be working just as well as it did day one.

Your three korean monitors would long ago have bit the dust.

Complete FUD, why even post this garbage?

Just calibrated my Shimian w/ a Spyder4Pro. Gamma/white point/grey scale have dialed-in nicely. I'll be comparing side-by-side w/ an ACD this weekend hopefully, curious how things will stack up.

Does anyone know if the on-board HD3000 video card from Asus P8Z68-Pro be able to drive this monitor?

lol

this thread would make a great epic for a Ph.d thesis... in Sociology...

my experience? I knew I would get great service and a great product from bigclothcraft with my Crossover... and I Did!! Love it!

on to the next upgrade!

Dude, take a deep breath and relax. It's not the end of the world that you're not getting your monitor soon. You need to take a chill pill.

I ordered both of mine from Accesorieswhole and while FedEx said it could be up to 6 days it was actually 2 ( I live in LA). Fedex is cautious in their estimates. Let us know when you get yours. I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

LOL

seriously chill.

if you wanted something next day get it off amazon prime

Got mine from greensum today and ordered on Friday. He used DHL shipping.
Quite Fast if you ask me.

I purchased the Yamakasi. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned to use the ACD ICC profile
but when I go to the TFT site they only have an ICC profile for the 24in ACD is this the correct one to use even though my monitor is 27in?

Just bought a Catleap from Amazon. They dont do prime, which I have, but you get "1-3 day shipping".

Can't wait. My 120hz 1080P has decided to rarely power on and sometimes display only half a screen...wtf.

Originally Posted by cerbul
How can I check if a Crossover 27Q LED-P Monitor is latest revision or not?
You have to take it apart and look at the little board inside

The "120Hz" Catleap monitors recently sold by bigclothcraft and ta_planet and are NOT 120Hz-capable. They can take a 120 Hz input, but actually refresh at 60Hz. Here is more info. Any Catleap on Amazon or anywhere else can't even take a 120Hz input. The only source for 120Hz Catleaps currently is at 120Hz.net, edit: supplied by greensum.

Last edited:
I ordered both of mine from Accesorieswhole and while FedEx said it could be up to 6 days it was actually 2 ( I live in LA). Fedex is cautious in their estimates. Let us know when you get yours. I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for telling me that .. i feel better now. i live in NJ i hope i get it by friday

Back