Acer Predator X34 | $1,299.99 - $9.99 + $6.99 Shipping = $1,296.99

Get them now while they still command their price premium! ;p

Why is this 600$ more than other 34" curved that have been on sale recenty for as low as 600-700$

100hz refresh?
G-sync?

Those are worth a 600$ premium? Anything else?

The value is subjective, but generally speaking, yes. a 100Hz 21:9 1440p G-Sync panel does command quite a premium over the standard one. Plus, it's IPS.

That being said considering that many G-Sync 1440p 16:9's are at under 700-800 sale prices, I think that this should cost ~900-1000$ at most. But then again this is just the release premium for something that I don't think is really available anywhere else. The RoG Swift was released at 800$, so this isn't much different... though I'm not sure how I feel about ~34.4% extra screen estate commanding ~62.5% price premium over even the RoG Swift's release price. Then again, these things have never worked linearly. For what it's worth, to me the RoG Swift was a worthy purchase even at its release price premium... though in hindsight I wish I could have waited until the Dell released, because Dell's warranty actually means something.

I'm fine with my RoG Swift at the moment, and I'm kind of scared of just how many games are going to throw that aspect ratio out of their support list. 16:9 is still the most commonly supported (and by some games the only one supported) aspect ratio. I feel like 21:9 is just asking for problems, meanwhile I have had very few problems in any game with 16:9 1440p.

Or you can go to Microcenter and buy the Acer monitor for $1160 tax included.

If you buy with a processor you get 20% off the monitor when bundled with processor.

So here is what I did. I bought the Acer predator and 5930k processor for $1526 including tax..

I sold the 5930k here on H for $375 and a new processor was $424 including tax, so I took a slight loss on the processor but made up for big on discount on monitor.

Monitor ended up being about $1161 for me when all said and done.

Why is this 600$ more than other 34" curved that have been on sale recenty for as low as 600-700$

100hz refresh?
G-sync?

Yep, basically those two features command the huge premium, thought process goes something like this:

1) If you already have a 100+Hz fast panel you won't go back to 60Hz, even for IPS
2) If you already have a G-Sync capable panel, you're not going to go back to one that doesn't have G-Sync.
3) If you already have both 1 and 2, you're looking at a 16:9 or 21:9 1440p panel as your only upgrade choices.

So yeah it commands a huge premium. I was tempted to pull the trigger on the Dell U3415 for an effective $450 the other day though, but in reality it would've just replaced my 2x U2410 companion panels.

100hz refresh?
G-sync?

Gsync alone is a huge benefit, I wouldn't buy a display without it.

It's very much worth the money but if you are budget conscience, then hold off. It will remain this price for some time though seeing as they still can't even keep it in stock.

For those with a Chase Freedom card, you can get 11% back on this through Amazon (assuming you activated your card for the extra 10%). Currently OOS there right now though.

I had a chance to try this screen out a few days ago and let me tell you it is worth it. Viewing angles are excellent and the current gen GPU's can drive it no problem. The amount of real estate makes it an excellent work screen as well as gaming screen. Gsync and 100hz are absolutely amazing. That being said, I purchased a ROG Swift not all that long ago and I don't see the need to upgrade. If I didn't already have the swift though, I would buy this in a second.

Gsync and freesync rivalry is tough to pick a side.

Fury and Fury X is no slouch at less cost than the 980ti. DX12 support too and more future proof. Are any monitors both g and free synch capable or is it all one or the other?

Gsync and freesync rivalry is tough to pick a side.

Fury and Fury X is no slouch at less cost than the 980ti. DX12 support too and more future proof. Are any monitors both g and free synch capable or is it all one or the other?

Isn't there a FreeSync version of this monitor that is way cheaper? You can't have both in one panel because Nvidia wouldn't dare allow it. Blasphemy to even suggest such a thing!

What's the FreeSync range on this panel?

Edit: 30-75 hz. So what happens if you OC it to 100 hz like the X34?

I've heard the XR34 can be overclocked up to 85Hz. But I think you lose the benefit of FreeSync once going past its max range (75Hz in this case).

Apparently though there is a hack to increase the range, I have no idea if it works with this monitor or not though... http://www.overclock.net/t/1574877/...onitors-can-enlarge-hz-range-with-simple-hack

Also, yes, G-Sync premium is crazy. I just don't feel like switching from NV at this time. Nothing against AMD, I had their cards for the past 4 years, but wasn't impressed with Fury. That said, if the XR34 also did 100 Hz and was still $400 cheaper, it would have been extremely tempting to switch.

Last edited:
Umm as an owner of an X34, 100hz gsync is day and night different than the 75hz panel. If you game, its more than worth the price premium.

I hate all this proprietary crap.

Physixs
Cuda
Gsync
DirectX12 (windows 10 only)
Freesynch
MMX

It is all to the detriment of the consumer if only half the market has it.

Umm as an owner of an X34, 100hz gsync is day and night different than the 75hz panel. If you game, its more than worth the price premium.

FreeSync has a range of 240Hz. I guess this panel isn't certified by ACER for a F reeSync range past 75Hz. Would be interesting to see what happens when someone tries the range hack on it.

Most people would just grab a 49" 4K FreeSync Korean monitor off EBAY for about the same money though. The 55" is $1,039. There are 42" and smaller of course. I have seen pics of a 65" 4K FreeSync, but never seen one for sale.

Lots of cool monitors out there for Nvidia and AMD users! ;)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I hate all this proprietary crap.

Physixs
Cuda
Gsync
DirectX12 (windows 10 only)
Freesynch
MMX

It is all to the detriment of the consumer if only half the market has it.

Yeah it's annoying. I just jumped into the new monitor game a few weeks ago after years and years of being out of it and was sort of shocked that it's even come down to proprietary monitors. I mean, fuck. Really?

I honestly cannot recommend this monitor until they resolve the scanline issue. I am on my 2nd one and still have scanlines at cretin framerates when G-Sync in enabled. There are people in the Acer forums who have gone through 4 monitors and still have this issue. There is also someone who has had this monitor for 45 days and his scanline are actually getting WORSE with time.

That's what I had been seeing on other tech sites about the monitor also. ACER QC seems to be hit or miss with this model. But people really want it as those that get good ones are blown away. Besides the obvious scanlines issue, are you impressed with the monitor also? I have two buddies with 980ti's that were hoping that their female elves would drop one off under the mistletoe.

That's what I had been seeing on other tech sites about the monitor also. ACER QC seems to be hit or miss with this model. But people really want it as those that get good ones are blown away. Besides the obvious scanlines issue, are you impressed with the monitor also? I have two buddies with 980ti's that were hoping that their female elves would drop one off under the mistletoe.

If it weren't for the scanlines I would love it. G-Sync, 100hz, IPS, 34" Curved LED. It has everything on paper. My first one had a dead pixel, it also had color banding on the black and white spectrum, my 2nd monitor still has it but to a much lesser degree. Most of the monitors will have some pretty bad back light bleed too, however this doesn't bother me as much as it does others.

ASUS is going to be releasing their version of this monitor (same panel too) in the near future. As much as I hate ASUS due to their RMA sucking more than any company out there, I may throw my money their way if they can fix the scanline issue just because there is nothing else out there like this monitor. In the meantime I will be returning my X34 for the 2nd time. It's really hard to go back to 60hz no G-Sync though, I was a true believer when I returned the monitor the 1st time and had to go back to my old monitor.

I was one of the first to get one, and a huge critic. I had just about every issue that you could have. Whine, BLB, Wouldn't hit 100hz, WFS, etc. The scanline issue wasn't discovered until mine was returned, so not sure if it had that. I was too busy dealing with the other issues.

Aside from the issues, it was fucking beautiful. I have a U3415W now, and I miss the Gsync and higher refresh rate. But the QC is just terrible. If you buy one, get it from Amazon so you can swap it out easily until you get a good one. And hope of an October or November build date.

If I would have gotten a perfect one, my only complaint then would have been the HUGE base for that thing. The Dell 34" I use now is the exact same panel. It has a much smaller base that would fit on any desk. The X34 base is ridiculously large, so you better have a deep desk or be wall mounting it. Look at some of the pictures people are posting, and you'll see people with the legs hanging off the front of their desk or their mouse being used under or between the giant legs, lol.

Mine (October build) has some faint scan lines in the Pendulum demo but I can't see them in actual games. In the Pendulum demo, they are so faint I have to almost put my nose to the screen to see them.

At this price point I would like to see it fixed, but at the end of day, I'd rather deal with these scanlines than the bad uniformity AUO panels (PG279Q, XB271HU etc) are plagued with since that was actually noticeable to me. This is not, I have tried to get the lines to show in actual games by running at low FPS as they are supposedly more noticeable then and I can't so it seems silly to return and go back to some 60 Hz panel just because a tech demo shows them.

I'm keeping an eye on the issue to see if it gets worse, haven't noticed a change so far though ( had my unit for 12 days so far).

ASUS is going to be releasing their version of this monitor (same panel too) in the near future. As much as I hate ASUS due to their RMA sucking more than any company out there, I may throw my money their way if they can fix the scanline issue just because there is nothing else out there like this monitor. In the meantime I will be returning my X34 for the 2nd time. It's really hard to go back to 60hz no G-Sync though, I was a true believer when I returned the monitor the 1st time and had to go back to my old monitor.

This. Sued ASUS twice due to the retards working in their RMA department. To be retarded is one thing, but combine that with their general nastiness makes it unbearable... to the point where it's far easier to sue them rather than talk to them.

This. Sued ASUS twice due to the retards working in their RMA department. To be retarded is one thing, but combine that with their general nastiness makes it unbearable... to the point where it's far easier to sue them rather than talk to them.

If your gona buy it, just spring for the store extra warranty, thrn you won't have to deal with asus.

I did this with mine and luckily have not needed it yet.

Sounds like quality control issues just like when mine first came out.. prob best to wait a while.

Nice to see games with fov sliders more and more, cant wait for the price and bugs to go down on these.
They look great.

Is a non-curved version coming out? I wanna game and do photo work at the same time.

Back