Abit tech support - Friendly discussion

Sagan

Gawd
Who here has had to deal with these people, like using their eRMA to get a defective motherboard replacement? The other day I filed an eRMA for my motherboard and payed the crossshipping, I'm very superstitious with their RMA support.

A while back I did the same as you (4+ years) and it was extremely pleasant. I don't know if it has changed since they became Universal abit, but back with Abit Classic Edition all was well (I did advanced replacement RMA as well).
Jason

A while back I did the same as you (4+ years) and it was extremely pleasant. I don't know if it has changed since they became Universal abit, but back with Abit Classic Edition all was well (I did advanced replacement RMA as well).
Jason

Their RMA phone tech support never pick up. Before I filed the RMA and contacted tech support I hung up 2 times after 1+ hour wait by the phone. I can say that I am patient, but I don't want to waste my time either.

It varies depending upon where you are - in the UK they are excellent but my impression is that in the USA they are not quite so good & the odd request gets lost in the woodwork.
This may of course be just due to the relative sizes of the markets where you would expect more problems in a market 5x as large.
They will stand by their mobos & support though.

Unfortunately I'm in the US. Its no surprise that this is happening to me, I heard others complain as well.

I heard Abit went down the hill lately :(. Wish I knew this before I purchase their Motherboard. I would like to know what their RMA is like as well. My Abit IP35 Pro is still going strong, hopefully it will last me a long time.

they cross shipped for me it worked out well in the s939 days.

I heard Abit went down the hill lately :(. Wish I knew this before I purchase their Motherboard. I would like to know what their RMA is like as well. My Abit IP35 Pro is still going strong, hopefully it will last me a long time.

A truthful place to find out what their RMA support is by going to their eRMA forums.

For a change, I called Abit today, I spoke with the abit phone operator person rather than just dialing #2 which is their extension number for their cementary a.k.a RMA department. The abit phone operator picked up her phone and listened to my Abit experience and then she wrote down my claim. Hopefully someone from Abit RMA department resuscitates from the dead, returns my call, do their job and ships my motherboard that I paid $157 for cross-shipping on Monday. I can't believe I have to call in every time just to remind them that they work for Abit.

A truthful place to find out what their RMA support is by going to their eRMA forums..
1. remember that people are far, far more willing to post on a forum with a complaint than with an "attaboy".
Consider the millions of mobos that they ship per annum, the expected return rates (I believe that low single figs i.e. 2-3% is considered normal), the 3 year warranty etc.& by my simple maths you could be looking at ~30,000 plus RMAs a year in the US.
How many complaints do you see compared to that?
2. the fact that those posts are allowed to stay there (on many other forums they would disappear) & in fact that there is that subforum at all shows that abit are above board.
I am aware of some of the behind the scenes stuff - it may not always be the smoothest in the US but they will never walk away & leave you hanging.

In the UK you would usually get an RMA replacement in 4-5 days albeit they quote 9-10 working days & hopefully that is the standard that abit USA will be aiming for.
By comparison Asus RMA in the UK are a joke & DFI doesn't even exist.

1. remember that people are far, far more willing to post on a forum with a complaint than with an "attaboy".
Consider the millions of mobos that they ship per annum, the expected return rates (I believe that low single figs i.e. 2-3% is considered normal), the 3 year warranty etc.& by my simple maths you could be looking at ~30,000 plus RMAs a year in the US.
How many complaints do you see compared to that?
2. the fact that those posts are allowed to stay there (on many other forums they would disappear) & in fact that there is that subforum at all shows that abit are above board.
I am aware of some of the behind the scenes stuff - it may not always be the smoothest in the US but they will never walk away & leave you hanging.

In the UK you would usually get an RMA replacement in 4-5 days albeit they quote 9-10 working days & hopefully that is the standard that abit USA will be aiming for.
By comparison Asus RMA in the UK are a joke & DFI doesn't even exist.

Their customer support is terrible, at least in the whole United States! I'm having such a rough time that I encourage anyone to call their RMA phone just to see if anyone ever picks up, they wont. Not just that, I paid $157 via paypal on Monday and still today it didn't show up on my Abit RMA account "No outstanding payments", I know they have the money because I got a paypal confirmation e-mail. I wouldn't be surprised if this goes unsolved by the end of the week. How hard is it for them to receive a Payment confirmation and just ship out a motherboard to an address? Isn't that what cross-shipping is for, So we don't have to wait? I don't understand how BUFF can support such an awful customer service that encourages their customers to use paypal as the primary payment.

I'm not saying that they are perfect in fact I have acknowledged that a relatively few people have problems.
I can find you similar experiences for pretty much all of the major mobo manufacturers though so it's hardly unique.
However, as I have said I am aware of some of the behind the scenes & there are short term reasons (largely illness) why it's worse atm.

What I am absolutely 100% certain on though is that they won't ever walk away from you.

i rma'd an ip35 pro couple months back. i didnt get the cross ship because i had a dfi lp ut to swap in. but i got a board back in less than 2 weeks. i didnt call anyone, just filled out the rma request form, got an rma # like the next day. be aware that they will ship you a used, repaired board back. they are very up front about this in the rma doc.

i rma'd an ip35 pro couple months back. i didnt get the cross ship because i had a dfi lp ut to swap in. but i got a board back in less than 2 weeks. i didnt call anyone, just filled out the rma request form, got an rma # like the next day. be aware that they will ship you a used, repaired board back. they are very up front about this in the rma doc.
Is that the norm with all MB manufacturers ?

I think ABIT has officially jumped the shark in North America. They will not even send us boards to test anymore. It is as if they just dont care anymore.

I eRMAed my IP35 Pro in early December. UPS tracking says they got it on the 12th. I can't get them to acknowledge my email support requests or phone calls.

I sent them a certified letter last week. If they don't respond I guess I am screwed and out $175.

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showpost.php?p=914720&postcount=24

as I said though things are slower atm due to illness in the RMA department.

I hope everybody gets better, but that's a pretty lame excuse for a million dollar, multi-national company. I read thru the whole thread and didn't see any sickness excuses, but something about moving.....

I know I'd be cranky if I were in some of those fellows' shoes!

f your in the uk you can post here
Yes & I think you'll find Abit Sean was last online 9th January. Buff has done a great job in sean's absence providing as ever good advise & support, but it can't' count as official Abit support. I got the IX38 QuadGt looking forward to trying my 1st Abit board fore a very long time, having seen many talk about the graet support from Abit, Sadly i'm still waiting to see any better service than from other mobo manufacturers.

Is that the norm with all MB manufacturers ?

its getting to be. when a product is relatively new, and the rma dept doesnt have any repaired boards around, you will get a new one.but as soon as guys start breaking their boards and they build up a stock......
on the other hand, i have never received a repaired video card from an rma to any com pany. altho i havent rma'd a vid card in quite a while (i gave up extreme vid card overclocking and screwing around with bios's, volt mods, etc when 20% overclocks started showing 3% performance bumps - vid cards just dont scale very good anymore imho) and i have only bought evga since 6800. as many enthusiast cards cost more than mainboards the economics would seem to dictate that they be repaired.

I paid them on Monday. My RMA account on their site hasn't even acknowledged my payment "no outstanding payments" on RED. I already called them (they said they will call back) they didn't. They haven't responded to my emails. I don't know what to do.

I hope everybody gets better, but that's a pretty lame excuse for a million dollar, multi-national company. I read thru the whole thread and didn't see any sickness excuses,
you weren't meant to see anything about illness but an email addy to use.

Yes & I think you'll find Abit Sean was last online 9th January.

Nope, 7th of February.
He had 2 weeks off (plus he has a new baby that's eating into the time that he used to spend on forums).

having seen many talk about the graet support from Abit, Sadly i'm still waiting to see any better service than from other mobo manufacturers.
you haven't needed physical support though afaik (barring the fan clips which I'm now starting to see reports of them appearing)?

Back