A64 OC Database & Overclock Guide

(cf)Eclipse

Freelance Overclocker
ATTENTION

This post has the OC database, with all the overclocks based on which stepping and week.

2nd post has the A64 Overclocking guide

3rd post is just a general reference for various a64's model number, and how to decipher

The following are being tracked by this database, listed in order of appearance:
Toledo and Manchester (Athlon 64 X2)
Opteron (Single and Dual core)
San Diego
Venice
Winchester
Sempron
Newark

First, I'll go over the basics. there are a few types of revE chips:

Palermo (?) (E2)- Semprons! will probably be 256kb, but might be 128kb too.
Venice (E3)- If you have a 512kb venice chip, your data will go into this category.
San Diego (E4)- The cpu's with 1mb, dual channel. These will be FX's, Opterons, and whatever other random chips AMD puts out aside from the 4000+
(side note: if anyone gets an E4 opteron, it gets it's own category. they're.. special)
Newark (E5)- s754 mobile chip based off San Diego, but stock voltage should be 1.35v. I'm expecting these to OC very well.
Manchester (E4)- the 512kb per core X2's
Toledo (E6)- 1mb per core X2's (and Opteron 165-180, but is referred to as Denmark)

ADDITION OF s939 OPTERON!

Now, the rules. FOLLOW these rules!

1) Try not to post if you do not have a new cpu or an update for a previous one. All comments/questions to me should be taken to PM's. If it's a general question regarding your cpu, post here!

2) When posting your oc data, be sure to include the following: (preferably in order too)
  • 1st line of OPN (ex: ADA3200DAA4BL)
  • 2nd line of OPN (ex: CBBLE 0513DPAW)
  • Maximum *STABLE* overclock
  • voltage used for that overclock as set in bios
  • cooling type (stock, air, water or phase are your options)
*stable* - at LEAST 6 hours of prime95, preferably on small fft's combined with at least 2 hours of memtest86 to ensure memory stability. If you have an Athlon 64 X2, you must run two instances, and set each to a core, to make sure both cores can do the speeds.

3) *important* If you do not have the 2nd line of the OPN, I will be upset, and add it into a special category of "unknown" cpu's.
4) If you put the data up, and say that you are not certain that it is the maximum overclock at that voltage, I pill put a star next to it, denoting an "Unfinished Overclock"

For further reading:
San Diego oc thread
Venice oc thread
(note that a select few people from XS will be put in this database)

(note: you may have to refresh for updated pictures)

Toledo & Manchester
X2.png

Opteron
opteron.png

San Diego
sandiego.png

Venice
venice.png

Winchester
winchester.png

Sempron
sempron.png

Newark
newark.png

Eclipse's OC Guide
So, you want to overclock that Athlon64 of yours eh? First things first, we shall cover some important terms so that everyone knows what I'm talking about.

GENERAL SETTINGS
here is a reference picture. Be sure to look at it as I define everything. Your own bios may or may not look like this, but it should be pretty close. Apply some simple common sense here ;)
skipping the memory settings for now, and going down the page:

FSB Bus Frequency: the base clock speed for the CPU and HyperTransport link (referred to as HT link from now on). to overclock, you have to bring this number up, unless you have an FX. I will refer to this as the FSB (HTT), because calling it the FSB is.. a misnomer of sorts, and people get angry with me when I call it the HTT cause they get confused with the HT link.

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio: another term for the HT link multiplier. the final HT link speed = FSB (HTT) * this number. It has virtually no effect on performance, so do not worry about lowering it to get a higher overclock. As a general rule of thumb, you don't want the final HT link speed going over 1000mhz.

LDT Bus Transfer Width: Ignore, leave it at default.

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio: This is the CPU multiplier. basically, CPU speed = FSB (HTT) * this number. you have the option of setting it anywhere between and including the stock multi and 4x.

PCI eXpress Frequency/AGP Frequency: leave at stock unless you know your board has an issue locking this speed, then set 1mhz above stock.
Cool and Quiet: not recommended for use while overclocking. leave disabled.

CPU VID StartUp Value: Most boards don't have this option, but this is the voltage the board boots at. leave it alone unless you know you need more or less voltage at boot to get the board running, then the board will switch to whatever voltage you have set by the VID control.

CPU VID Control: This is the base CPU voltage.

CPU VID Special Control: Allows for a % increase over the base VID. Final CPU voltage = VID * this value. If left at Auto, CPU voltage = VID

LDT Voltage Control: Determines how much voltage the HT link will receive. You normally won't need to change this value, and some boards don't even have the option. More for debugging/testing purposes than anything

Chip Set Voltage Control: Obvious, controls how much voltage you're giving the chipset. again, you normally won't have to change this.

DRAM Voltage Control: Again, obvious, this changes how much voltage you're pumping through your ram.

RAM SETTINGS
All right, now that we've gotten the first page out of the way, time to go into the memory page, and quickly touch on a few things there. Again, if you don't have a DFI, or a decent NF4 based board, chances are you have nowhere near this many options in the bios. I'll go over the important things.

DRAM Frequency Set: a fancy way of saying memory divider. This is a complicated subject that I have already written up an entire post on here (important! make sure you read that link before attempting to OC your ram)

Command Per Clock (CPC): also known as command rate, or CMD. Enabled = 1T = faster at a given speed. Disabled = 2T = slower at a given speed. there are some cases where you'll have to switch it to 2T for compatibility reasons though.

CAS Latency Control (Tcl): the first number in "2.5-3-3-8"

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd): second number in "2.5-3-3-8"

Min RAS# Active Time (Tras): last number in "2.5-2-2-8". a special note about this.. it doesn't really have any effect on anything. typically around 10 gives optimal performance.

Row precharge time (Trp): third number in "2.5-3-3-8"

I won't touch on the other timings and settings, as they are very involved and ram specific. If you really want to get into this, i recommend fiddling with things to see what works, what holds back your overclock and what gives best latency and bandwidth. Be prepared to spend one hell of a lot of time tweaking if you do that though ;)

OVERCLOCKING

By now, you should have a good idea of what the basic settings you will need to change. so, to get into the real meaning of this post
To start off, I recommend the following programs:
CPU-Z for knowing your clock speed and some other useful things
Clockgen to allow frequency changes in windows
Prime95 for testing cpu stability
Memtest for ram stability.
Also, a program to monitor temps is very useful. Most motherboards come with software that can do this. Either use it, or a program of your choice, like Speedfan, Everest, or MBM5 (if it supports your mobo)

Helpful Hints/Quirks
First and foremost, be sure to understand how the ram divider works fully before starting. One thing that is often forgotten is that with a 4x CPU Multi, the ram is no longer 1:1 with the FSB (HTT), as the lowest RAM divider is 5x, yeilding a 4:5 ratio.

Next, Temperature. These chips seem to be relatively robust, but as a general rule of thumb, lower is better. It helps prolong the life of your cpu a bit longer, and also aids overclocking, as one of the basic principles of CMOS (what your cpu is made out of) is that transistor performance increases with lower temperatures. What this means is that you will have a higher overclock with lower temps. If you notice that a previously stable configuration is growing unstable, check temps, as it is most likely the cause.

Now for some advice for the following steps:
If you have trouble hitting higher HTT (FSB) speeds, check one of the following:
-SATA in port 1 or 2? Move it to 3 or 4, as 1+2 are generally unlocked. This may have been resolved with the Nforce4, but I am not certain. A sign of this is a limit around 229mhz
-Is the AGP/PCI-E bus locked? Some boards (nf3-150 and k8t800 mainly) have problems with the lock. If this lock isn't working, you will be overclocking the AGP bus and PCI devices, which will lead to instability around 240mhz, depending on the devices you use. For the k8t800pro, you might experience issues around 270mhz, as it seems the lock fails here. Also, some boards do not engage the PCI lock until the HTT/FSB is changed from stock speeds, and yet others like having the AGP/PCI speed bumped up 1mhz.
-Does your board have problems with the HT link multi you have selected? Some will have this problem, simply pick something else
-Do you have to raise LDT or Chipset Voltage? Keep a close eye on the Chipset temp if you do this, but this may be needed for some boards.

If temps are abnormally high, check for dust and case airflow. If both check out fine, follow these directions to reinstall your heatsink. Be sure to clean both surfaces off well with 91% or 99% Rubbing (Isypropyl) Alchocol and something lint-free.

FSB (HTT) OVERCLOCKING (first step!)
Armed with those programs, reboot into the BIOS and make the following changes:
HT link multi = 2x (edit: some boards have weird quirks, try 2.5x or 3x instead if you feel this is an issue)
CPU multi = 5x
RAM divider = "100mhz 1:2"

Boot back into windows after saving those BIOS settings and do this:
open prime95, and start an "in-place fft" torture test.
increase the FSB (HTT) with clockgen 2-3mhz every 15-30 seconds.
keep track of the speed of the FSB (HTT) as it's likely the computer will reboot before prime95 throws an error. whichever one happens though, remember 5mhz under the last speed you set.

write down this number somewhere, as it is the MAX FSB (HTT) YOUR BOARD CAN DO without tweaking other things. if you can't break 250mhz, something is wrong. we'll go over troubleshooting later.. or in person. haha

CPU OVERCLOCKING (second step!)
After that, go back into the BIOS and only raise the CPU multi to stock speeds from the settings listed before for FSB (HTT) overclocking. We are now trying to find the limit of the CPU. In windows:
open prime95, and start an "small fft" torture test.
increase the FSB (HTT) with clockgen 2-3mhz every 30-60 seconds.
When Prime95 errors, you have two options:
1.) lower the speed back down in 1mhz increments until you can run prime95 for >30 minutes
2.) if temps aren't a problem (less than 55c at full load) and you have no issue giving the CPU more voltage, go back into the bios, and increase the voltage a small amount. 0.05v is a good increment. go back into windows and resume testing for max stable speed.

Max voltage kinda depends on the cooling and cpu. for convenience, here is what i consider the max safe overvolt from stock voltage based on your cooling type:
Stock: +0.1v
Good Air: +.15v to +.2v
Water: +.2v
Phase Change: wtf are you reading this for if you have phase?! :p

Whenever you finally find the limit of your cpu at your decided voltage, write it down somewhere.

RAM OVERCLOCKING (third step! quick version)
Lastly, the most complicated (imo) part, the RAM... from here, do not boot into windows unless you know that your ram configuration is pretty stable.
If you haven't already, read this post, and be sure that you understand it
There are two basic options for making your ram go faster:
More voltage
Higher timings

here's what I do. it takes a while, but it works well.
set the following in the bios:
HT link multi = 2x (edit: some boards have weird quirks, try 2.5x or 3x instead if you feel this is an issue)
CPU multi = 5x
RAM divider = "200mhz 1:1"
and set the stock timings for your ram in the memory page

reboot with a memtest floppy in (or with memtest enabled if you have a dfi board)
in memtest, change to test #5, do one pass. if there are no errors, go back into the bios, and bump up the HTT (FSB) 3mhz, and boot back into memtest. repeat until you get errors in test #5. once this happens, you have two options:
1.) raise voltage. this won't always fix the problem, but it can help
2.) relax timings. kinda specific to the ram type you have, but you can go through and try to raise the minimal amount of settings to get it stable.
I would advise you write down the max speeds of each set of timings before errors occur. go back and fine tune the speed until it can do >5 whole passes of memtest without errors.
then write down these max stable speeds at each set of timings.

SETTING FINAL OC
now the fun part, and the very last step: trying to mix and match ram speed and cpu speed to get a decent ram speed while keep the cpu within 10-20mhz of it's max stable speed and without going over the max FSB (HTT) of your motherboard.
this is kinda something that varies with every setup, so it's up to you to do the math to figure it out for yourself. To help out, I'll give some examples:

Example 1
The motherboard tops out at 310mhz.
CPU is good to 2850mhz, max multiplier of 11x
RAM can do 225mhz at 2-2-2, 240mhz at 2.5-2-2-10, 265mhz at 2.5-2-3-10

Option 1:
HTT (FSB) = 259mhz
HT link multi = 3x (4x may or may not work, ymmv)
CPU multi = 11x
RAM speed = "200mhz (1:1)"
this will give a final CPU speed of 2849mhz, put the ram at 259mhz, requiring 2.5-2-3-10 timings, and keeps the HT link under 1000mhz

Option 2:
HTT (FSB) = 285mhz
HT link multi = 3x
CPU multi = 10x
RAM speed = "166mhz (5:6)"
this will give a cpu speed of 2850mhz, and from what you learned about how the ram divider works previously, gives a RAM speed of 237.5mhz, which will require 2.5-2-2-10 timings. again, HT link under 1000mhz

Example 2
Motherboard tops out at 280mhz
CPU is stable until 2350mhz, max multi of 9x
ram can do 2-2-2 up to 215mhz, 2-3-3 up to 230mhz, and 2.5-3-3 up to 280mhz (board limit here)

this one is a bit trickier, as the ram is good for some awesome speeds, but the mobo isn't awesome, and the cpu is kinda bleh. i'd do this:
HTT (FSB) = 261mhz
HT link multi = 3x
CPU multi = 9x
RAM speed = "200mhz (1:1)"
this gives 2349mhz, with a ram speed of 261mhz, requiring 2.5-3-3 timings

I hope this helps somewhat :D

all the current AMD chips
will edit for new chips, such as Taylor (dual core mobile, most likely to be based on lancaster :D)

this guide is mostly so that you can know more about various models, as AMD's PR number seems to confuse many.

i have divided it into four sections:

Desktop (single core)
Mobile (single core)
Desktop (dual core)
Server (single & dual core)

and within each section, it is sorted by age, oldest to newest

Identification
to break things down, the first line on your heatspreader or cpu should look something like this:
ADA3500DAA4BP
AAABBBBCDE1FF

AAA = which line of cpu's
ADA = Desktop
AMA = DTR
AMN = Mobile

BBBB = PR number ;)

C = which socket and lid type
A = s754, lidded
B = s754, unlidded
C = s940, lidded
D = s939, lidded

D = Voltage rating
A = variable (1.3-1.4v)
Q = 1.2v
K = 1.35v
I = 1.4v
E = 1.5v
C = 1.55v

E = Temperature rating. basically, your cpu is rated stable at stock speeds + voltages up to this temperature
A = variable (51-71c)
X = 95c
P = 70c
K = 65c
I = 63c

1 = L2 cache size
6 = 2048kb
5 = 1024kb
4 = 512kb
3 = 256kb
2 = 128kb

FF = Core type
AP = C0 Clawhammer, s754
AR = CG Clawhammer, s754
AS = CG Clawhammer, s939
AX = CG Newcastle, s754
AW = CG Newcastle, s939
BI = D0 Winchester, s939
BP = E3 Venice, s939
BN = E4 San Diego, s939
BU = E5 Newark, s754
BX = E6 Sempron, s754
LD = E0 (?) Lancaster, s754
BV = E6, Manchester, s939
CD = E6, Toledo, s939

Desktop (single core)

Clawhammer
130nm
1mb cache
SSE1/2
desktop = 89w
1.4v mobile = 62w
1.5v DTR = 81.5w
also used for DTR/Mobile cpu's

s754 Models:
2800+ = 1.8ghz (1/2 cache)
3000+ = 1.8ghz
3200+ = 2.0ghz
3400+ = 2.2ghz
3700+ = 2.4ghz

s939 Models:
4000+ = 2.4ghz
FX-53 = 2.4ghz
FX-55 = 2.6ghz (104w TDP)

Newcastle
130nm
512kb cache
SSE1/2
89w TDP

s754 Models:
2800+ = 1.8ghz
3000+ = 2.0ghz
3200+ = 2.2ghz
3400+ = 2.4ghz

s939 Models:
3500+ = 2.2ghz
3800+ = 2.4ghz

Winchester
90nm (first 90nm amd chip, revD)
512kb cache
SSE1/2
67w TDP

s754 Models:
none

s939 Models:
3000+ = 1.8ghz
3200+ = 2.0ghz
3500+ = 2.2ghz

Venice
90nm (revE)
512kb cache
SSE1/2/3
67w TDP
replaces winchester and newcastle

s754 Models:
none

s939 Models:
3000+ = 1.8ghz
3200+ = 2.0ghz
3500+ = 2.2ghz
3800+ = 2.4ghz

San Diego
90nm (revE)
1mb cache
SSE1/2/3
2.2ghz = 67w TDP
>2.2ghz = 89w TDP
replaces clawhammer

s754 Models:
none

s939 Models:
3500+ = 2.2ghz (half cache.. note that none are for sale yet, this is a "theorized" chip ;)
3700+ = 2.2ghz
4000+ = 2.4ghz
FX-55 = 2.6ghz
FX-57 = 2.8ghz

Mobile (single core)

Oakville
90nm (revD)
512kb cache
SSE1/2
35w TDP

s754 Models:
2700+ = 1.6ghz
2800+ = 1.8ghz
3000+ = 2.0ghz

s939 Models:
none

Lancaster
90nm (revE)
1mb or 512kb cache
SSE1/2/3
MT = 25w TDP
ML = 35w TDP

s754 models:
Mx-30 = 1.6ghz, 1mb
Mx-32 = 1.8ghz, 512kb
Mx-34 = 1.8ghz, 1mb
Mx-37 = 2.0ghz, 1mb
Mx-40 = 2.2ghz, 1mb
Mx-42 = 2.4ghz, 512kb
Mx-43 = 2.4ghz, 1mb

Newark
90nm (revE)
1mb cache
SSE1/2/3
62w TDP
replaces mobile clawhammer

s754 Models:
3000+ = 1.8ghz
3200+ = 2.0ghz
3400+ = 2.2ghz
3700+ = 2.4ghz
4000+ = 2.6ghz

Desktop (dual core)

Toledo
90nm (revE)
dual core
1mb cache per core
SSE1/2/3
110w TDP

s754 Models:
none

s939 Models:
4400+ = 2.2ghz
4800+ = 2.4ghz

Manchester
90nm (revE)
dual core
512kbb cache per core
SSE1/2/3
110w TDP

s754 Models:
none

s939 Models:
4200+ = 2.2ghz
4600+ = 2.4ghz

Server (single & dual core)
Sledgehammer
130nm
1mb cache
Opteron
SSE1/2
x40-x42 = 84.1w TDP
x44-x50 = 89w TDP
*note* HE = 55w, EE = 30w

Venus (1-way), Troy (2-way), Athens (8-way)
90nm (revE)
1mb cache
Opteron
SSE1/2/3
x42-x50 = 85.3w
x52 = 92.6w
x65-x75 = 95w

s940 Models (for all Opterons):
1xx = 1-way
2xx = 2-way
8xx = 8-way
x40 = 1.4ghz
x42 = 1.6ghz
x44 = 1.8ghz
x46 = 2.0ghz
x48 = 2.2ghz
x50 = 2.4ghz
x65 = 1.8ghz (dual core)
x70 = 2.0ghz (dual core)
x75 = 2.2ghz (dual core)

s940 (non-Opteron):
FX-51 = 2.2ghz (Sledgehammer)
FX-53 = 2.4ghz (Sledgehammer)

Are you gonna track applied RAM dividers as part of this thread? I can see you touch on the memory controller in your first post. Can you expand and clarify it?

Good god, that PcPerspective review was great... Praying for one that does that good myself.

from tristancarton at XS, he gets the honors of having the first turion in the database. i'm still working on how to display it. if anyone has any good ideas, please PM me about it :D

TMSMT34BQX5LD
CABSE 0507 GPAW
289@9 (2601) @ 1.65 volts on air

bucken, i pm'ed you. i need the first and second line of the opn ;)

edit cause i don't wanna spam my own thread, a HUUUUUUUUGE thanks goes to techhead for the sticky :D

oops! thanks for pointing that out. those two guys look pretty lonely up there. hopefully there will be a flood of people within the next week or two. :D

Bucken, are you going to get some results for that 3800+ also?

And more importantly, 2.75 @ 1.4v :eek: . How does it do when you give it more juice?

Man I'm getting ansy....all these new processors floating around and I wanna see some results! Especially that Newark, eclipse. ;)

tseuhpsyede, on topic please. All the people posting here should be with OC data ONLY.

I should have an OEM 3500+ Venice from Newegg.com here tomorrow. Now the only problem is that I have to wait for my XP-90 and MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum to get here. I should have everything by the end of the week and have everything setup and OC'd well by the weekend sometime. If you wish for me to post my codes and results lemme know cuz I am going to subscribe to this thread. This is my first A64 experience so if there are any pointers you guys could give me to help my OC'n, please shoot me a PM.

yeah, i know. i don't want to mix XS results and [H] results again, it took too much time to keep em synchronized..
maybe i'll just link to it as "further reading" :D

ok the FedEx person just showed up with my new CPU. I am happy but only to a point because I can't even run this thing yet. Anyway here are the codes for now and the rest to follow:

ADA3500DAA4BP
CBBLE 0512DPAW

And I would greatly appreciate it if some one would help me out or point me in the right direction as far as OC'n on an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum mobo. If there is any other info needed to help just let me know.

(cf)Eclipse said:
yeah, i know. i don't want to mix XS results and [H] results again, it took too much time to keep em synchronized..
maybe i'll just link to it as "further reading" :D

yeah, get that link up!

I've been running my san diego 4000 for a few days now. Not an impressive overclock, but this machine was built for silence and big memory usage (4GB RAM).

ADA4000DAA5BN
CABHE 0515SPMW

Max stable is 2725Mhz (227 HT x 4, 12x Mult).

Air cooling, stock (1.35) voltage.

Cheers
-b

ADA3000DAA4BP
LBBLE 0516CPBW

Max OC is 2853 (317*9) with 1.73V on air.

Then again I'm probably going to leave it at 300x9 for 2.7GHz as it drops down to 1.52V needed (possibly lower).

After about 300 the voltage requirements started going up pretty steeply. 1.55V will post at 308, but the screen is all screwy. Strongly suspect that this is just because of the high clock I'm feeding into the multiplier. Then again for $150 I'm satisfied.

SuperPi 512K = 14 seconds.

ADA3200DAA4BP
LBBLE 0516EPGW
Motherboard is DFI NF4 Ultra-D
Currently at 280*10 @ 1.5 volts Watercooled
Ram is PQ Turbo TCCD

Memtest is running been 1 1/2 hours.

Bandwidth is memtest is 3201MB/s

Prime still going stable.

Been overnight. Woke up with ideas I would see p95 FAIL. To my suprise it was still going. Over 9 hours prime95 stable. About to leave for work and going to set the cpu at 2.9ghz with prime running. Lets hope this chip likes it.

Specs:
DFI NF4 Ultra-D 3/10 Bios
Venice 3200+ Watercooled
PQI Turbo PC4000
Diamond Stealth S220 PCI :mad: Waiting on new vid for her.
PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI

I hate to be a pain, but are these overclocks on the HTT (FSB, whichever you prefer) 1:1, or on a divider, and with how many sticks of memory? I'm interested to see how the memory controller has been upgraded....mainly to see how high you can take two sticks of memory 1:1.

Allright dudes I got that 3700+ san diego OC I promised. My MAX oc was 282x10.5=2961mhz but as you can probably guess this was no where near stable. My max stable oc wich im running at right now is 264x11=2904mhz at that speed it ran prime95 toture test for 8hours 10min before failing...thats pretty freaking stable. I'll post some screenies here in a minute

cell, read the rules again. i need that OPN... and i don't see it anywhere ;)

sorry about not updating. i've been busy, and now i've got class :(

(cf)Eclipse said:
cell, read the rules again. i need that OPN... and i don't see it anywhere ;)

sorry about not updating. i've been busy, and now i've got class :(
lol I thought you just wanted stepping codes

read again young grasshopper ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
2) When posting your oc data, be sure to include the following: (preferably in order too)
  • 1st line of OPN (ex: ADA3200DIK4BL)
  • 2nd line of OPN (ex: CBBID 0503TPMW)
  • Maximum *STABLE* overclock
  • voltage used for that overclock
  • cooling type (stock, air, water or phase are your options)
*stable* - at LEAST 6 hours of prime95, preferably on small fft's combined with at least 2 hours of memtest86 to ensure memory stability.

cell_491 said:
Allright dudes I got that 3700+ san diego OC I promised. My MAX oc was 282x10.5=2961mhz but as you can probably guess this was no where near stable. My max stable oc wich im running at right now is 264x11=2904mhz at that speed it ran prime95 toture test for 8hours 10min before failing...thats pretty freaking stable. I'll post some screenies here in a minute

Is that on air cooling? What's your setup?

cell_491 said:

If it fails, then it's not stable. Not to me at least... I like to see Prime times upwards of 24 hours before I call it stable. I guess that's just me, however.

D=....i hate you eclipse. Because of you and your thread....i broke down and ordered a 3700+. With 4 consecutive crappy whinnys....this thing better be gold.

I have this exact same week and step.

ereshkigal said:
ADA3200DAA4BP
LBBLE 0516EPGW
Motherboard is DFI NF4 Ultra-D
Currently at 280*10 @ 1.5 volts Watercooled
Ram is PQ Turbo TCCD

Memtest is running been 1 1/2 hours.

Bandwidth is memtest is 3201MB/s

Prime still going stable.

GodsMadClown said:
If it fails, then it's not stable. Not to me at least... I like to see Prime times upwards of 24 hours before I call it stable. I guess that's just me, however.
i have a question besides actually running prime when is a cpu in a home desktop ever going to run at 100% for more than eight hours?

Viper87227 said:
D=....i hate you eclipse. Because of you and your thread....i broke down and ordered a 3700+. With 4 consecutive crappy whinnys....this thing better be gold.
you will love it

cell_491 said:
notice the exos in my sig :D

oh ok, hehe, I havn't kept up with pre-packaged cooling kits, was thinking the EXOS was some sort of fan controller, blue led's and all ;-) hehe

and as to when would your CPU be running at 100% for more than 8hrs? damn, if it does you gotta look into that, lol. Even playing WoW and MMORPG's like that, if you play for 10 hrs straight, it's not gonna be running at 100% CPU usage the whole time.

Well, unless your CPU = the suck on power

all right, added the san diego sheet and updated venice. i'll add my own as soon as i find a good limit. i'm having trouble with prime95 though, looks like i'm gonna have to stick with memtest + superpi/3dmark

also, try to keep random discussion to a minimum. perhaps i should follow conrad.maranan's lead and start another thread to discuss the oc's in this one. that way people who come here looking for screens don't have to wade through 5 bazillion posts to find one that's useful ;)

hey eclipse you have my oc down under air you should put it under budget water cooling or sumthing

Back