A64 OC Database & Overclock Guide

See SIG below (but have been running at 2.94Mhz w/ 1.4v as of late... I like the lower temps)
I have not tried the voltmod to 1.55v yet (waiting on the Arctic Freezer 64 pro to arrive.)
I hope to hit 3100Mhz+ after that. (FYI- CABYE stepping Opteron 148)

thank you to whoever re-stuck this, but revE's time has come and gone. I will not be updating this, and instead I will make a new database for revG chips which will eventually include barcelona when it comes out, so we have a database focusing on the 65nm chips :D

any suggestions on things to do differently on how to set it up? i may take a few cues from the intel oc'ing database ;)

3700.jpg

steeping CCBWE 0550 XPMW
1.45V boots up @ 2.8ghz but my ram sucks :(

the info in the first couple of posts is still relevant though, as there are still quite a few people with 754 and 939's out there, and many more wondering whether to sit out a round and wait for DDR3.

indeed, no reason to make it dissapear, i'm just not gonna be updating it anymore ;)

i might take a different approach on how to set up the database this time. if i can figure out how to set up a database in a web page that lets you sort the results by week, stepping, mhz or cooling.... :D

(cf)Eclipse said:
any suggestions on things to do differently on how to set it up? i may take a few cues from the intel oc'ing database ;)

Any way you could just set up a web page that we could just put info into a form and then when we submit it it just automatically places our entry into the database and figures out who is at the top and at the bottom, so on and so forth? You could even make it so you could, by logging in, change your OC status if you happen to hit a better speed at any point or change the cooling and get better, ect ect. But thats probably taking the idea to far...

got my new 3800x2 and it ocd @ 2.6ghz @ 2.8ghz its not orthos stable but its gaming stable, my ram is my next upgrade so expect 3.0ghz+ from me soon
fullload.jpg

load.jpg

ill check my stepping and post it as well

beowulf7 said:
I need a dual-core S939 chip. :( Someone wanna buy my 3200+? :D
opty 165 or x2 shouldnt disappoint for the price out now, try selling the chip @ for sale trade section make some research on ur stepping many will look for a good stepping and if ur 3200 goes 2.6+ghz ull get a deal for it in a instant

CrazyBeaner said:
opty 165 or x2 shouldnt disappoint for the price out now, try selling the chip @ for sale trade section make some research on ur stepping many will look for a good stepping and if ur 3200 goes 2.6+ghz ull get a deal for it in a instant
Thanks for the advice. I have a stock HSF for my Venice 3200+ and have not tried to OC it. Also, I don't think my RAM (OCZ) will allow for such aggressive OC'ing no matter how much I loosen the memory timings.

According to this DB (page 1) a 3200+ Venice should be hitting 2.4 - 2.8 on air. Stock HSF should be fine with reasonable case cooling.

And with these overclocks, cpu speed is king - ram speed not so much, so throw in a divider and get 'er done.

CrazyBeaner said:

I dont know.. I have a 3700+ that dose 2.8ghz stable with 1.525v, and 3.0Ghz with 1.7v stable. And I put it up for $60 shipped and couldnt sell it. If i have to drop below $60 i might as well keep it. (and that I did, gave it to my cuz to upgrade his 3000+)

I can see a 3200+ going for anything worth the effort of shipping it. even if it dose do 2.6Ghz. Dualcore is all anyone wants..

I(illa Bee said:
I dont know.. I have a 3700+ that dose 2.8ghz stable with 1.525v, and 3.0Ghz with 1.7v stable. And I put it up for $60 shipped and couldnt sell it. If i have to drop below $60 i might as well keep it. (and that I did, gave it to my cuz to upgrade his 3000+)

I can see a 3200+ going for anything worth the effort of shipping it. even if it dose do 2.6Ghz. Dualcore is all anyone wants..
That's what I'm thinking. My other choice is maybe build a cheap small computer (el cheapo video card and only 1 GB RAM) and make it a disk server or MP3 server. Or even a guest's Web surfing/e-mailing device.

CAB2E 0540FPMW

Opteron 144...specs in my sig.

Its run here at 2826...but dropped it to 2800 to be safe.

2826largexs5.jpg

Well I finally read into OCing more after doing it half assed for the last couple years. I still dont have the urge to get all into the RAM overclocking and such,

My current is
X2 4400 at 2.6ghz(10x260)
FSB - 260
RAM @ 217Mhz
V-Core 1.4375

How could I increase the RAM speed?

This is still very conservative I haven't pushed all the buttons yet. Just exploring options. :D

clockin.jpg

thank you to whoever re-stuck this, but revE's time has come and gone. I will not be updating this...

Aww c'mon! How about 2 more just to relive the glory days?
;)

Retail Venice 3000+
ADA3000DAA4BP
LBBLE 0516EPHW

Max Stable Overclock: 2502 (278 * 9)
Voltage Used: 1.425 V
Cooling: Stock Aluminum HS w/70mm fan

Retail Opteron 170
OSA170DAA6CD
CCBBE 0610DPMW

Max Stable Overclock: 2750 (2754 * 10)
Voltage Used: 1.37 V
Cooling: Stock Copper Quad-Heatpipe HS w/80mm fan

What would you do at my place :

Opteron 165 tops at 2920MHZ
Motherboard tops at 338FSB
Memory can do -210 @ 2.5-3-3-7
-218 @ 3-3-3-8
-220 @ 3-4-4-9

Thanks for you suggestions . ( I was thinking of 324x9 with ram divider at 266 ( wich gives me a 208mem speed )

Nice bump and congrats on hitting 3.0 GHz. :cool:

Cool, CPU-Z 1.40.5 is out. I better get that +0.00.5 upgrade. :D

Back