5456.jpg

Guys this was achieved via phase change
Here's the break down i had tested on this chip

3000+ @ 2.45ghz (Stock HSF)
3000+ @ 2.6ghz (Watercool)
3000+ @ 2.8ghz (Phase Change)

All tested prime stable

dfx said:
i'm kinda surprised that you didn't get a higher cpu score at 2.8 ghz..
at 2.4 with my clawhammer, my overall score was 4897, but my cpu score was 5237..

gives higher cpu scores depending on how much system memory you have my 2.43 oc with 512MB consistantly scores lower than identical systems with 1 GB.

(cf)Eclipse said:
i'm kinda surprised that you didn't get a higher cpu score at 2.8 ghz..
at 2.4 with my clawhammer, my overall score was 4897, but my cpu score was 5237..

Dude
Results may vary with different catalyst tested
This is tested via omega driver

2.5ghz seems to be my max on my A64 3400 CG CH. So right now i'm

@

250x10 ( 2500mhz )
4x HTT
1.7v CPU
2.8v Mem

ram is running at a lovely 250mhz :D 2.5-3-3-6 :eek: I love my OCZ EL

Well if I have a Athlon 64 3500+ oc to 2500 (250x10 1.57v), how much higher should I be able to bump up the voltage for a higher overclock? The highest I've had it is 1.65v, running at 262x10 which ran fine in aquamark (74000+) but blue screened on the last 3dmark05 test. Not to mention all the way through 3dmark05 running that speed I had a considerable amount of black patches flashing on the screen...

Asus A8V Deluxe. Corsair TwinX512-3200C2PT (2.5-3-3-6) 2.8V Locked 1:1

Circuitbreaker8 said:
2.5ghz seems to be my max on my A64 3400 CG CH. So right now i'm

@

250x10 ( 2500mhz )
4x HTT
1.7v CPU
2.8v Mem

ram is running at a lovely 250mhz :D 2.5-3-3-6 :eek: I love my OCZ EL
Heh, my limit seems to be 2480MHz with a 3200 "CG" CH. My stupid board undervolts, though, if only I could get the 1.85vcore I am entitled to by my birthright, I would overclock to 2500, and beyond!

depends on your cooling. put the voltage up until it starts going over 60ºc under full load. that's when i would start getting mildly worried about my temps. (usually that means like 1.7v or so. i don't like to run everyday with more anyhow)

I put a thermalright xp-90 on.

Here are my temps now. I also put voltage at 1.55 x 1.04 or around 1.6 volts.

I tried first at 230x11 with voltage at 1.55 and would post, but not get into windows.

Problem is that Prime is stable actually, but graphics card is not. My 9800pro crashes MOH:BT (break through MOH) after 5-60 minutes of play. Its not worth it to set up a divider so the GPU is slower right? My normal max stable everyday is 215x11 or 2365 or so.

Thoughts?

new.jpg

(cf)Eclipse said:
depends on your cooling. put the voltage up until it starts going over 60ºc under full load. that's when i would start getting mildly worried about my temps. (usually that means like 1.7v or so. i don't like to run everyday with more anyhow)

I'd say that's a good threshold . . . as long as you're using a thermal probe or something. I have yet to see an accurate reading from a board.

Take mine right now. It reads 55C under load, 41C idle. The thing is, I have nothing to compare it to, except the reading it gives for system temp, 7C. If I assume they're equally miscalibrated, then my CPU must be dying a heat death right now. Any good search will show results for this, but I'm just going to go off the top of my head. The number for most CPU monitoring is +/-10C, often worse. There is no real consistency between boards, when people measure with a probe, and these things tend to be horribly inaccurate.

On the other hand, if this system temp is accurate, I have a new Air Conditioner come summer.

yeah, the temp sensors to tend to be a bit of a problem. hence why i don't suggest going over that, cause the a64 dies are rated to 90ºc ;)

notoriousformula said:
DFX: i think you missed my post.. what ram are you using and @Vcore?

thanks.
that was answered earlier in the thread. check page 9 or 10. i forget the make, but i know it's 3.6v :D :D

notoriousformula said:
DFX: i think you missed my post.. what ram are you using and @Vcore?

thanks.

For better understanding
Most screenie for u

BH5 @ 3.6v for this
a642700.jpg

BH5 @ 233mhz 2.9v for this (using 5:4 divider as my BH5 cant do 1:1 280mhz)
Signature.jpg

2800.jpg

12890.jpg

Beta4.jpg

prime95.jpg

(cf)Eclipse said:
yeah, the temp sensors to tend to be a bit of a problem. hence why i don't suggest going over that, cause the a64 dies are rated to 90ºc ;)

that was answered earlier in the thread. check page 9 or 10. i forget the make, but i know it's 3.6v :D :D

thx dude :)

800Mhz+ OCs on A64s makes Pentium 4s cry! :eek: Seen a bunch of 900MHz (50%!) OCs on the new 90nm 3000s already, anyone spot a full-on 1Ghz OC on an A64 yet? Heh.

got my BH5 burned in for a few days
here's my new update

2802225.jpg

unbuffered score

280unbuffered.jpg

dfx.. something looks wrong with that unbuffered score. with the speed and timings you're running your ram at, it should be more in the order of 2700-3000mb/s

Who cares, those are synthetic benchmarks anyway. You could hack your Sandra into thinking you have a 10THz Pentium III, and you will get astronomical scores.

Darth_Fluffy said:
Who cares, those are synthetic benchmarks anyway. You could hack your Sandra into thinking you have a 10THz Pentium III, and you will get astronomical scores.

are you sure you are running 1t?

i get better scores at 250 :eek:

(cf)Eclipse said:
dfx.. something looks wrong with that unbuffered score. with the speed and timings you're running your ram at, it should be more in the order of 2700-3000mb/s

it's @ 2T
1T not stable, cant even bench

then you're just looking for big numbers then. you'd probably be better off at 1t at a slower speed like 250mhz or so, your bandwidth should go up a bunch.
hell, i just tested unbuffered with my ram running at 227mhz, 2.5-3-3-7 1t, and it got about 2550mb/s, just something to consider ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
then you're just looking for big numbers then. you'd probably be better off at 1t at a slower speed like 250mhz or so, your bandwidth should go up a bunch.
hell, i just tested unbuffered with my ram running at 227mhz, 2.5-3-3-7 1t, and it got about 2550mb/s, just something to consider ;)

haha yep..
just looking at the big number :p

here's 260mhz 2225 @ 1T

2601T.jpg

Darth_Fluffy said:

Because you can use it to compare even though Sandra really doesn't mean anything...Aida32 is much better but not many people use it like they do with Sandra.

Finally I can post something nice here..

newww.JPG

3000+ NC @ 2.7Ghz, 1.67Vcore, DFI T 250GB, OCZ 2x256PC3700EB @2.9Vdimm. 1T Watercooled with MCW-6002, Idles = 27C, Loads = 34C

Beats mine :D... I'm moving to Winchester, though :eek:.. or maybe a 3700+ ClawHammer... nice OC there only 1.7vcore.

Darth_Fluffy said:
Beats mine :D... I'm moving to Winchester, though :eek:
and which mobo you willbe going with.. let me guess.. Mr. Troublesome MSI Neo2? wait for nice stuff like DFI Ultra-D.. I'm planning on getting a Winchester myself ;)

Is there something bad about Neo2? The original is just peachy.. :)

Wait, what's the maximum vcore you can get on that DFI board you use right now? This stupid board undervolts. And I need about 1.8vcore. For great justice :D.

Darth_Fluffy said:

Wait, what's the maximum vcore you can get on that DFI board you use right now? This stupid board undervolts. And I need about 1.8vcore. For great justice :D.

I have had some trouble with the MSI board, and I haven't even done any hardwired mods yet. My first board was RMAed due to a BIOS error that turned out to be fixable, but no one at their (quite responsive) tech support knew the fix. My new board has performed decently, however, I can't push the FSB past 316 without failing to post, and there is no chipset voltage adjustment. I'm probably going to be adding some wires to the board to get my chipset voltage up (I'd like to see if 1.6 or 1.65 can support 333 FSB).

The real problem I have had is that my USB ports don't work sometimes, and I have to restart periodically to get them recognized. It is not OS specific, as I am running a dual boot machine, with the LILO bootloader, Linux, and Windows XP and it has happened when booting to both OSes.

Darth_Fluffy said:

I can get upto 2.11V..LOL.. Vdimm @ 4.0V :D :D .. DFI powaaaaaaaaaa!

notoriousformula said:
HTT alone means nothing whatsoever. It's just an input frequency that's used as a base for some of the devices... such as the CPU, and the HT bus, memory. If you're lowering multipliers to tone down the CPU frequency, bus frequency, and memory, you're actually going to have worse performance. Overclocking HTT only makes sense if at least your CPU and HT can run at native multipliers with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back