A Picture I took - 2013

Timing is everything (apologies for the dust dots)

a-2013_05_04-chino-9673.jpg

I always get a lot of grain in the sky when using a CP - anyone know why? Is it only 'cause its a cheap one? Or is it a function of the sensor?
a-2013_05_04-chino-8824.jpg

BB

That's something I haven't been able to figure out. I get lots of grain when doing daytime long exposures, even with ISO 100. Oddly enough, I get no grain when doing so at night. I think the ND filters cause this.

Regardless, agreed 100%, timing is everything

I'm no pro, and most of what i take is family stuff, but this image kills me:
DSC_3503.JPG

Last edited:
Finally got to processing my shots from recent Boston trip. I can't believe this is the first stuff I've put in this thread... so much slacking this year! :p

boston-1.jpg

boston-2.jpg

boston-3.jpg

Butterfly by MP.Hill, on Flickr

Butterfly by MP.Hill, on Flickr

Saved this little guy today. I was outside and he fell on my shoulder and landed on the ground. Looked like he got wet and couldn't fly. I watched him for awhile and saw him crawling into traffic so I scooped him up on a credit card carefully and placed him under a bush to dry off.

Great photo. He looks like a butterfly that just emerged from it's cocoon. I could be wrong of course. Either way, unique captures!

We just got out first DSLR camera, snapped a couple pics of my granddaughter before putting the battery on the charger to fully charge. Never owned a camera this nice before.

Kenz by leezardmik, on Flickr

Very nice macro work there. Depth of field is perfect.

(in response to Mr Wrong's picture of flowers)

Cant wait to learn how to REALLY use this camera. Sucks that it arrived so late today since this is my sunday, wont have a lot of time to go out and take pics till next week.

looks that flickr account will finally get some use.

Big Daddy2 by leezardmik, on Flickr

Back