A-Data 4GB (2x2GB) 800MHz DDR2 $69 Shipped

They don't cross ship for step up? That's kinda lame. If you've only got one computer, or your other computer(s) are much older, that makes the step-up pretty damn inconvenient.

Lucky for me, I only have an EVGA video card and I'm holding onto the old X800XL for at least 3 months....just in case there's a reason to step up....but I'm not expecting too much from the 9800 :(

"Please ship all contents including accessories, CD's, manuals and the original packaging as part of the 680i Upgrade terms and conditions. EVGA offers no cross-shipping for this 680i Upgrade Promotion."

Pretty gay. Oh well. New 780i. Can't complain right? And I sure hope the 9800's at least pose a worthy upgrade from my 8800GTS 512. Anyhoo...

You may or may not have to get their weekly email to qualify, but the price is 79.99 for this ram.

Use EMCADBJBC to get 10.00 off. It may be a one time deal. I managed to get 2 sets for 69.99 (separate orders), but after that it said the coupon was already used.

Of course it's still 69.99 at Frys.com....around 6-7 bucks shipping....doesn't go up if you order more. I wante4d to get 4 sets, since I'm building a rig for my mother, but looks like I'll have to order it from Fry's.

You may or may not have to get their weekly email to qualify, but the price is 79.99 for this ram.

Use EMCADBJBC to get 10.00 off. It may be a one time deal. I managed to get 2 sets for 69.99 (separate orders), but after that it said the coupon was already used.

Of course it's still 69.99 at Frys.com....around 6-7 bucks shipping....doesn't go up if you order more. I wante4d to get 4 sets, since I'm building a rig for my mother, but looks like I'll have to order it from Fry's.

Thanks for the link! For those making an order to newegg, this could be very helpful!

If you're not charged tax, it's the cheapest place to buy it.

Strangely, they have another link for the ram at $74.99, but you can't use the coupon with it, which is rather lame (and dishonest, IMO), because it means they're really only giving you a $5.00 coupon code.

Just an update.

One of my sticks is a dud. Rarely starts now at stock settings and in retrospect, it was the culprit that was giving me hell when I first installed my new proc.

Time to return it.

They are $77.99 w/ free shipping now, I just used the above mentioned promo code for a grand total of $67.99 shipped. :D

Damn those bastards for lowering the price overnight. On the plus side it should be here tomorrow sometime. on the downside, i don't have x64, so I won't be able to use it all till that arrives....

Next up finding a case, MB, HD and other such things for my mothers PC.....we'll call it a dry run for building myself one....though I guess there's not really a reason for me to move from a e4300 to something newer....not really hitting any speed walls...esp since i seem to be at work all the time.

...esp since i seem to be at work all the time.

Yeah, I hate that. I'm at work all the time or at school. Oh well. Such is life.

Apallohadas, are you within Newegg (or fry's) return RMA policy? If not, let me know how A-Data handles your replacement. All four of my sticks are still going strong, even with the generous overclock, so I haven't had to test their RMA process yet.

I hope it's easier than Neweggs.

I had to return some memory to Newegg after waging phone combat and walking them through everything I did to confirm that it was the memory as the culprit.

I hope it's easier than Neweggs.

I had to return some memory to Newegg after waging phone combat and walking them through everything I did to confirm that it was the memory as the culprit.

No way! I guess it was a pain in the neck to get my PSU RMA'd, but it wasn't Newegg's fault. Well, it kind a was... sort of. The RMA number they gave me somehow got mixed up with my order number. I don't know whether I mixed it up or they did, but I kept calling back in with whatever number I thought they gave me and they kept telling me it was processed and went through just fine. I never got the shipping label, though. Turns out, it was going to someone else with the number I was giving them. Multiple chat sessions and emails later, I was finally assigned a correct RMA number. within minutes the shipping label was in my inbox. I printed it, sent in the old power supply. I forgot to mention that they even sent me the new PSU beforehand with free expedited shipping so I wouldn't be without the computer. I got the replacement Antec in, installed it, put the clicking silverstone in its box, and sent it back with the shipping label. Within a few days the money was refunded. They took good care of me. Have you tried doing it via chat?

I'm using this memory right now with no problems. I might pick up another set when I move to 64-bit OS.

I ordered a second set today.

Since I've sold ALL of my old memory, in order to return 1 stick I have to send back both.

since I'm running Vista 64 bit I figure 8 gigs of ram won't hurt in the long run.

I ordered a second set today.

Since I've sold ALL of my old memory, in order to return 1 stick I have to send back both.

since I'm running Vista 64 bit I figure 8 gigs of ram won't hurt in the long run.

No surprise since it's a set. But what's their RMA process and how long is it expected to take? Do they cover shipping both ways? etc..

No surprise since it's a set. But what's their RMA process and how long is it expected to take? Do they cover shipping both ways? etc..

I placed the order while doing laundry, so I'm going to have to call them again, but they said they would pay for shipping.

Time estimate, no idea.

On the really good side, they didn't charge me for shipping!

I placed the order while doing laundry, so I'm going to have to call them again, but they said they would pay for shipping.

Time estimate, no idea.

On the really good side, they didn't charge me for shipping!

Thanks. that's good to hear. Just let us know how long it takes from the day you mail it off to when you receive the replacements. If they're good on that, we'll see even more of these things sell. If not, then I won't recommend them as much. I'd appreciate knowing how the whole experience goes for you, since I own 4 sticks of this ram and might by more, too.

BOOSH! I'm in for 4 of 'em. code worked for me too but I do have a login and do get the weekly emails.

I spent almost $500 this week between the microcenter q6600, a ds3r and this. My poor credit card. Good news is I won't need to upgrade for quite awhile

I'll definitely let you guys know.

When you RMA, you have to use a trackable method, so I usually use Priority with tracking.

Fry's now has a $10.00 Mail in Rebate valid from 2008-03-22 to 2008-03-25
well fuck me. That's almost $40.00 I could have saved (assuming that I'm reading the rebate form correctly). Oh it's well....too late now....the ram is sitting at UPS now.

NewEgg is just way too cool.
I've been dicking around with that promo code since I got it and failed to order before it finally expired at midnight last night. When I went back today...their price was $99.99 this morning and then $74.99 w/FS this afternoon. I placed one in my cart and then went to chat with a CSR. After telling them about the expired code and the Frys price, she offered a $10 discount/price adjustment on my next order...which was the set of A-DATA ram...$64.99 w/FS after a bit of whining.
There's a reason I keep going back to the Egg.

and BTW. I scored another Q6600 at MC today. Hence my need for another set of A-DATA.

NewEgg is just way too cool.
I've been dicking around with that promo code since I got it and failed to order before it finally expired at midnight last night. When I went back today...their price was $99.99 this morning and then $74.99 w/FS this afternoon. I placed one in my cart and then went to chat with a CSR. After telling them about the expired code and the Frys price, she offered a $10 discount/price adjustment on my next order...which was the set of A-DATA ram...$64.99 w/FS after a bit of whining.
There's a reason I keep going back to the Egg.

and BTW. I scored another Q6600 at MC today. Hence my need for another set of A-DATA.

Yeah, they are very nice to their frequent shoppers. I bought a bunch of stuff from them a month or two back, then the RAM dropped $20 overnight. I called them up and they refunded me the $20 even though the order had already shipped and their site says that they don't pricematch because electronics prices fluctuate every day. I am glad the took care of their customer. Newegg really does try hard for the most part.

Checking back in with the thread.

Ok, got the second set in, threw them in, fired up at stock settings, and everything's fine.

Used the same OC settings to get back to 3.8 ghz, and no-go.

Use 1 stick, gets to 3.8 fine.

Use ANY 2 sticks and won't hit 3.8 on those same settings.

Right now I'm using ALL 4 sticks, including the 1 I thought was a dud, and it's been running ortho for 3 hours now with temps looking spectacular.

My only conclusion is that while the price is great, they are poor overclockers.

If anyone has any tips on OCing these on a 680i board I'm all ears, because I just haven't found the magic combination yet.

2223130930067863468XvYWKW_fs.jpg

Image is from this post on xtremesystems

One thing to keep in mind is that some of these use powerchips and others use elpida. With that said, seems like they both can OC past 500, but the powerchips are considered somewhat better. I haven't done a thing with mine yet....I'll probably do a memtest on 4 sticks at stock tonight....do the same with the others tomorrow or saturday. After that, I'll worry about their OC potential. I'll keep the 4 best let mom have the other 4....I doubt she's going to OC, unless I do it...and even then not anytime soon.

One thing to keep in mind is that some of these use powerchips and others use elpida. With that said, seems like they both can OC past 500, but the powerchips are considered somewhat better. I haven't done a thing with mine yet....I'll probably do a memtest on 4 sticks at stock tonight....do the same with the others tomorrow or saturday. After that, I'll worry about their OC potential. I'll keep the 4 best let mom have the other 4....I doubt she's going to OC, unless I do it...and even then not anytime soon.

Keep us posted. I've been running Ortho for 6 hours + now and the 4 sticks at stock are purring along happily.

Another follow up.

On my system (in my sig) I can run at stock voltages except for the memory which is at 2.0, and keep a stable 3.6.

Not too shabby, but if anyone has a stable 4.0 I'm interested in your settings.

busy with other things,but I did mange to put the system together and get vista installed....Vista was a bear at first....mostly because my HD power cable had fallen out. It seems Vista takes much longer to go from screen to screen without an HD. ;) Eventually I got to a screen that clued me in....that would be the screen that asks which HD I want to install on.

I doubt I'll get good OC's on the new rig, since i'm using the stock cooler, but we'll see later this week. I ordered a new monitor, so It'll be easier to do stuff while working on the new build.

Ok, so I bought 16GB of these (just before the f*cking price dropped).

I did some tests that were mostly short to find the 4 best sticks to keep and the 4 others for Moms build, because she's not going to OC it....well not unless I do it for her...and she probably doesn't want it OCed.

The board I'm testing on is a Asus P5K-E Wifi....haven't tried any in my board, 965 DS3

So the first stick or 2 hit 1066 at 2.2 or 2.25.
Stick 3 couldn't hit 1066.

All three could do 1000 at 1.85v

Next stick could hit 1111 At 2.2v
could do 1066 1.8v and it might have hit 1111 at 2.25, but I don't remember

Anyway, long story short, most couldn't do 1111.

All but one (maybe 2) could handle 1066

4 Could hit 1066 at default voltage and 1 requires 1.85v.

These were all fairly short tests mostly using test 5 in Memtest 86.

I fully expect that the results will not hold over the long haul....especially not with all 4 slots populated.

With that said, I was able to hit PC2-1000 at 1.9v using the 4 worst sticks...so far 12 hours on memtest.

I have not changed any other speeds or voltages other than memory. I did not touch the timings (mostly because I don't understand how to do it without generally breaking everything....and having to reset the bios).

So there you have it. All in all, it's better than I expected...esp the voltage.

sweet I got 4gb is @ 50 (MIR)

I'm happy can't wait (and first time I'll be using more than 512mb of RAM :eek:)

big jump? I know.

My set is comin' some time today. I can't wait to rip this pqi crap outta here and finally be able to overclock.

aww god dammit does someone have a copy of the rebate available?

I ordered on the 3rd but forgot to save the rebate form. Would appreciate it, thank you

I just sent it to you Monster. If you do not get it, check your spam mail since I sent it without a subject line for some reason :rolleyes:

just wanted to say, this deal rocks my socks. Currently running at ddr2-1000 @ 2.0v.

Nice work! Mine threw errors on my 32x-MAX abit 680i board with more voltage than 1.95. It was weird. Even if I didn't increase the speed, just increasing the voltage made it throw errors in memtest. And at 1.95 I haven't been able to pass 1000GHz. But it's really consistent and really stable at that speed, both on the EVGA 680i that I had after. I haven't tried overclocking it on my new 780i because I'm having loads of problems with it, but after I RMA it I'll let you know.

Back