A-Data 4GB (2x2GB) 800MHz DDR2 $69 Shipped

Fry's has it back on sale for $69.99-$15MIR=$54.99AR
Rebate is good if purchased by 5/5/08

I myself have picked up two sets to grow a bigger e-penis and enjoy faster loading times.
Hoping to reach 1000MHz with 2 sets

P.S. SirKronan...1000GHz, dam you must have a physics defying cooler to OC your RAM that high lol...is that speed even possible on that RAM (LOL J/K)

Fry's has it back on sale for $69.99-$15MIR=$54.99AR
Rebate is good if purchased by 5/5/08

I myself have picked up two sets to grow a bigger e-penis and enjoy faster loading times.
Hoping to reach 1000MHz with 2 sets

P.S. SirKronan...1000GHz, dam you must have a physics defying cooler to OC your RAM that high lol...is that speed even possible on that RAM (LOL J/K)

Lolz. What's funny is that it's been running great on those nVidia chipsets that are notorious for not liking all four sticks at stock, let alone overclocked, or not liking 8GB. I've had great luck, and I'm not the only one that's been able to hit 1000MHz with this stuff, either.

For cooling, I just used the OCZ memory cooler that was $15 on newegg. I think my 780i board ruined it though. It runs my fans maxxed randomly. Some of my really nice fans are starting to whine. Fan control is random and unpredictable. It's not overclocking anywhere near what I was able to do with the 680i I "stepped up" from. I downclocked the ram and removed my nice OCZ fan because of the noise. Needless to say, EVGA has the replacement board en route.

With that memory cooler, even while running prime or memtest it never got more than warm to the touch. My fastest performance that was 100% stable was found running all four sticks at 1000MHz with 5-4-4-12 timings (vs stock timings of 5-5-5-18). Absolutely amazing stuff for the price. All 8GB are still kickin' just fine!

Lolz. What's funny is that it's been running great on those nVidia chipsets that are notorious for not liking all four sticks at stock, let alone overclocked, or not liking 8GB. I've had great luck, and I'm not the only one that's been able to hit 1000MHz with this stuff, either.

For cooling, I just used the OCZ memory cooler that was $15 on newegg. I think my 780i board ruined it though. It runs my fans maxxed randomly. Some of my really nice fans are starting to whine. Fan control is random and unpredictable. It's not overclocking anywhere near what I was able to do with the 680i I "stepped up" from. I downclocked the ram and removed my nice OCZ fan because of the noise. Needless to say, EVGA has the replacement board en route.

With that memory cooler, even while running prime or memtest it never got more than warm to the touch. My fastest performance that was 100% stable was found running all four sticks at 1000MHz with 5-4-4-12 timings (vs stock timings of 5-5-5-18). Absolutely amazing stuff for the price. All 8GB are still kickin' just fine!

If you read real closely to your post before mine and my post, you'll notifce that you put 1000GHz...not MHz...hence my exaggeration and sarcasm...I know what you mean...;)

code = EMCAFAJAG.

Didn't bite on the PC8000 G.Skill's (don't really need 'em w/ a q6600), but I may given yet another chance again here - pink or not.... Hard to say no to $68 shipped/tax (no MIR!) for 4GB that should do 950-maybe 1000ish.

Back