$99 Xbox 360 at Wal-Mart?

This is also kind of like getting a pro model for 200. You could use the 100 gift certificated to buy the 60gb hdd, xbl, headset pack.

Not a bad deal

There not the only ones doing it, PS3 is the same way, it costs $100 to get the 120g over the 60, Ipods are even worse, charging $100 to go from the 32gig Ipod Touch to the 64gig. At least with the 360 your getting 4000% increase in storage space for that $100

not to defend apple or anything, but ipod touches use solid state drives. thats minimum $80 for 32GB. HDDs are dirt cheap in comparison, and are what the 360 uses afaik.

can you use a normal hdd with a 360? either sata or usb?

I already have a xbox harddrive... that's all you would need to make a Xbox Arcade a premium won't it?

anyone know what CD rom drive comes in the current arcade models?

I know nobody will care about the following, but this is a matter of principles. After what the Scumbags at Wallmart did to that family that took their kids picture to reveal there I won't buy shit from there anymore. Fuk'em!!

Its not $100 after checkout.
Its still the same damn price people
they give you a $100 gift card for your next purchase or what ever. So unless you plan to use it on another deal or food or what ever its essentially a junk deal. Unless you just like blowing $200 just to get $100 later.

they give you a $100 gift card for your next purchase or what ever. So unless you plan to use it on another deal or food or what ever its essentially a junk deal. Unless you just like blowing $200 just to get $100 later.

But really you're not just going to spend $100 on just a console. You're going to want to get a HD, maybe a gold subscription, and at least some cash for the Microsoft store. Maybe an extra controller. The only real downside to this is that you're spending the money at Walmart.

Dang, I need to return the 360 Pro I ordered from Dell :eek: .I wasn't sure I was going to keep it but with this other price available there's no reason at all to since I mainly want it as a media extender possibly.

Well since I buy groceries at walmart every week, it's perfect for me.

Well since I buy groceries at walmart every week, it's perfect for me.

WalMart sells most general goods items in any case, any normal person could easily find a use for the gift card that makes it good as cash there in any case for items they need :).

Yeah they're real bastards, selling inexpensive stuff to people with low incomes. Clearly they're forcing their will on these hapless souls, who have no capacity to make a choice for themselves, and an endless supply of money they'd eagerly spend at smaller businesses if only Wal Mart didn't force them at gunpoint onto the clearance aisle. :rolleyes:

Don't fret, it's just jealousy that makes people hate on Walmart. Walmart has provided means for the masses to aquire goods cheaply. Some people are so concerned about their image that they don't want to be seen as cheap, thus they won't go to walmart. They'll pay more somewhere else and get nothing more for their money.
And while they may act like the moral super shopper of the internet, Walmart is making more money per minute than they will make in a lifetime.

According to the ad, the deal starts at 8am on Saturday morning. I hope this is also the case for 24hr Wal-Marts like my local one. I'm going to be pretty pissed if I go there a bit before 8, and they have already sold out because the deal started at midnight or something.

I wonder how early I'd have to arrive at my local Walmart to score this deal.

Hmmm it says:

"Includes a Bonus* $100 eGift Card
*One (1) per customer, limited time offer while supplies last, online only gift card."

That sucks

This thread cracks me up. I do most of my food and household shopping at Walmart. Their produce and meat sucks, so I look elsewhere for that, but for name brand items they can't be beat for the most part. Maybe I'm just cheap, but I can't justify buying the exact same name-brand items at another store for more. When you compare Walmart selling a bag of dogfood for $15 and a fancy grocery store selling the exact same brand for $20, the only person I see being exploited is the idiot that overpayed :p

This looks like a great deal, if they're actually in stock. We'll see on Saturday :)

Hmmm... I could use a second XBOX 360. I don't know why, but for $100, why the hell not?

I could easily use that $100 gift card.

This thread cracks me up. I do most of my food and household shopping at Walmart. Their produce and meat sucks, so I look elsewhere for that, but for name brand items they can't be beat for the most part. Maybe I'm just cheap, but I can't justify buying the exact same name-brand items at another store for more. When you compare Walmart selling a bag of dogfood for $15 and a fancy grocery store selling the exact same brand for $20, the only person I see being exploited is the idiot that overpayed :p

This looks like a great deal, if they're actually in stock. We'll see on Saturday :)

And the only person I see being exploited is the person actually buying name-brand grocery/household products. Go to another store and get the store brand, it's the same thing with a different label.

Question, who is buying all the new 360's after 4 years? RROD repurchase (sorry that -isnt- ment to be the standard "most 360 are just people replacing RROD" machines, just a question). Now it would seem most people have made the console purchase. I understand redesigns (the jasper chipset I guess would count) as its worked for Nintendo, and sony many times, repackage the same thing in a smaller unit and sell it all over again. If you dont have one, it does seem like a pretty good deal. But doesnt he card have to be used ONLINE (so all you grocery people are out of luck) or am i reading that wrong? As for the "second one" nice in thought, but so so in practice (as i have 2, i fixed alot of RROD machines), saves etc are just a pain.. for some simple mindless, dont care about saves stuff.. sure. As a multimedia server, sorry when room is premium, sure but that jet/vacume just isnt a good purchase for that with media servers in the $100 area already.

Again great deal for people who dont have one (are there many left?) or want to replace a RROD. I guess some of us with a launch units may want to upgrade, Ebay sales of complet units go for about $90 so it would be a cheap upgrade.

BUT its OOS online already. Sounds like a BF ad, great deal but only 10 you can buy.

Im confused as to why people hate wal-mart?

I always thought they employed people that might not otherwise be able to get a job...

I'm confused, do the people that hate wal-mart want wal-mart to disappear as well as all of the people they employ?

people complaining about the costs of the hdd, I hope you complain about the cost of every single MS console. I mean they just rip you off for what you get for 200 dollars dont they?!?!?!?!

60gb HDD, 3 months XBL, headset, tri-core CPU, good gpu (for gaming), media center extender, etc.

Now I am confused as to how this is a bad deal for $200? Would a netbook be better?

are they ripping us off with the amount of technology we get for $200?

obviously the hdd would cost the difference between the pro console and arcade. What SMART company would sell the arcade for 200, the pro for 300, and a 60gb hdd (to make it a pro) for $50?

Im confused as to why people hate wal-mart?

I always thought they employed people that might not otherwise be able to get a job...

I'm confused, do the people that hate wal-mart want wal-mart to disappear as well as all of the people they employ?

people complaining about the costs of the hdd, I hope you complain about the cost of every single MS console. I mean they just rip you off for what you get for 200 dollars dont they?!?!?!?!

60gb HDD, 3 months XBL, headset, tri-core CPU, good gpu (for gaming), media center extender, etc.

Now I am confused as to how this is a bad deal for $200? Would a netbook be better?

are they ripping us off with the amount of technology we get for $200?

obviously the hdd would cost the difference between the pro console and arcade. What SMART company would sell the arcade for 200, the pro for 300, and a 60gb hdd (to make it a pro) for $50?

This is why I'm waiting for BB to carry the Windows 7 version of the Aspire Revo and use a 10% off coupon.

i'm already replacing my a broken drive in my 2nd 360 plus I need a power brick, might as well just get a $100 arcade and use my old HD but I'm not into black friday like stampedes

Don't fret, it's just jealousy that makes people hate on Walmart. Walmart has provided means for the masses to aquire goods cheaply. Some people are so concerned about their image that they don't want to be seen as cheap, thus they won't go to walmart. They'll pay more somewhere else and get nothing more for their money.
And while they may act like the moral super shopper of the internet, Walmart is making more money per minute than they will make in a lifetime.
Some people, like myself, refuse to shop at places like Walmart because of their exploitative practices and the harmful effects they have on local economies. Nearly everyone reading this post is at least college age, so take an intro soc class or grab a book about globalization. There are reasonable arguments from both sides.

The main points, aside from the low wages, union busting, and leaving health care for their workers to the public, are that every dollar spent in Walmart instead of a locally owned store is a dollar that leaves the local economy instead of recycling. Walmarts, as well as other megastores, also take up what used to be valuable soil space, drive people from the town center to the outskirts of town, thereby reducing sales for the locally owned businesses in the center of towns. As those sales receipts fall, the local tax base falls and funding for police and city renovation is reduced. Both of those are factors correlated to increased crime.

There are a lot of considerations to refusing to shop at these types of megatstores. I live in the most affluent area in Orange County and I can assure you the reason city planners do not allow Walmarts (I couldn't shop there even if I wanted to because the closest one is an hour away) is because they understand the deleterious effects such businesses have on the overall economy and not because they are jealous.

Some people, like myself, refuse to shop at places like Walmart because of their exploitative practices and the harmful effects they have on local economies. Nearly everyone reading this post is at least college age, so take an intro soc class or grab a book about globalization. There are reasonable arguments from both sides.

The main points, aside from the low wages, union busting, and leaving health care for their workers to the public, are that every dollar spent in Walmart instead of a locally owned store is a dollar that leaves the local economy instead of recycling. Walmarts, as well as other megastores, also take up what used to be valuable soil space, drive people from the town center to the outskirts of town, thereby reducing sales for the locally owned businesses in the center of towns. As those sales receipts fall, the local tax base falls and funding for police and city renovation is reduced. Both of those are factors correlated to increased crime.

There are a lot of considerations to refusing to shop at these types of megatstores. I live in the most affluent area in Orange County and I can assure you the reason city planners do not allow Walmarts (I couldn't shop there even if I wanted to because the closest one is an hour away) is because they understand the deleterious effects such businesses have on the overall economy and not because they are jealous.

Those bastards giving 2.1 million people jobs. Destroying this country they are. People were worried about GM going under with their puny in comparison 244,500 jobs, lets instead focus on the evil that Wal-Mart is and destroy them!

Walmart did this last year... same weekend.

Nov.8, 2008 I got PS3 80Gb for $399 with $100 gift card and a Compaq Laptop for $298

Walmart seems to like to spread the BF goodness a couple weeks early ;)

BTW, I went back to Walmart on BF and used the gift card for $100 off the $800 Samsung Plasma. Sweet Deal! :D

My bad, just saw that your NOT from California, and I forgot you can not edit posts in the hot deals section..

This may be useless at this point, However I had luck in that my arcade was broken, I returned the broken arcade system and the gift card and exchanged them straight up for the holiday bundle elite. So instead of getting an arcade for 200+100 gift card, I just got an elite for 200. So if you did this deal and haven't spent the gift card yet, it's worth a try going to walmart and trying to get an exchange.

This may be useless at this point, However I had luck in that my arcade was broken, I returned the broken arcade system and the gift card and exchanged them straight up for the holiday bundle elite. So instead of getting an arcade for 200+100 gift card, I just got an elite for 200. So if you did this deal and haven't spent the gift card yet, it's worth a try going to walmart and trying to get an exchange.

So you just returned your broken arcade unit and the gift card you had gotten with this offer? That doesn't make any sense because who ever returned it for you should have verified serial numbers.

Back