8800GT - Release Times Today

thatbiggbadwolfy

Limp Gawd
The NDA was for 6AM in PST, and it is 9:21 on the East Coast here. Supposedly, it should be available from retailers. I see it on buy.com, ZFF, and other small retailers.

But not on Newegg. Is it supposed to be 12 PM EST then?

Come on... I have a mid-term in an hour. I just woke up. I should be studying but here I am waiting for a 8800GT.

I have class and homework due at 11:00.... I can't even shower. cmonnnnn lol

I just need to know if the EVGA ones that were leaked on Newegg (with Quake Wars) will be $250 or $230. If so, eggcellent. If not, I press the "complete order" button on buy.com!!

Let's just say I'm loaded up on coffee and waiting for it to show up... I love this feeling.

NCIX have them in stock with 259$ starting price... It's a awesome card for the price bracket :eek:

GoldenTiger: What do you think will happen to ALL the prices on Newegg for Nvidia 8 series cards? The 640GTS, the 320GTS--20% slash? Or business as usual... with most people thinking the GT is slower than the (G80) GTS?

Cmonnnnn newegg!!

I have a buy.com link for one that is in stock.... do you guys want it? However it says "In stock soon: usually ships in 3-5 business days."

PNY 8800GT: $244: http://www.buy.com/prod/geforce-xlr8-8800gt-pcie-512mb-ctlrdvi-i-hdtv/q/loc/101/206166489.html
5% Buy.com Coupon ($12 savings for 1 card, $15 for 2 cards): http://www.dealigg.com/out.php?id=73500

2 Cards:

Items: $474.98
Shipping & Handling: $7.19
Tax: $24.11
Order Total: $506.28

I haven't pressed "Place Your Order" yet.... cmon Newegg. I have to do some keyensian economic hw now haha

PS:

Locked Newegg Links that supposedly should activate:
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showpost.php?p=4430581&postcount=1

Don't pull the trigger just yet. Anandtech said that the 8800gt 512 should fall to the $200 price point for the basic version. While the 8800gt 256 version (coming at the end of November) should be below $200. The prices for the 512 are high now, because of the initial demand.

Waiting for newegg EVGA 8800 GT myself so I can step up to the next high end when it does come out. Tired of waiting on it to build my pci-e system (i'm still on AGP!).

Yeah this is really a dilemma. Plus I hate the tax that buy.com has me pay. The XFX one was the same one on ZZF I think... ok I'll wait!

newegg = price cuts don't happen for about 2 weeks on GTS

nvidia = EOL on GTS cards in 3-6months

GT = availability will be limited for the next week, 256MB models will hold over $200, 512's around $240-$270 for the first 2 weeks of the offering, due to demand

that is just my personal feeling, I have no data to back this up, other than preceeding Nvidia availability, and etailer pricing trends from the past

512MB stock speeds fall to $200 according to Anandtech? Highly doubt it, then the 256 should drop to $150 and it would be cheaper than the 8600. So basically there will be a ton of 8600GT and 8600GTS sitting around with no home.

I actually didn't believe the $250 price point before--I thought it would be near $280 for the other GTS cards to drop.

I ordered the buy.com cards but can always cancel if they're going to take ages to ship. I estimate newegg to post their cards at 12PM EST given that they are in Cali.

512MB stock speeds fall to $200 according to Anandtech? Highly doubt it, then the 256 should drop to $150 and it would be cheaper than the 8600. So basically there will be a ton of 8600GT and 8600GTS sitting around with no home.

I didn't believe the $200 price point either, but AnandTech also said they were surprised when Nvidia told them it would be $200 for stock 512 cards. But there won't be any $200 cards for at least the first 2 weeks. I do know that Nvidia is replacing the 8600gt and gts soon though.

http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3140&p=5

Come on 8900GTX! Great card for the price indeed... the oc benchies are nice =)

I didn't believe the $200 price point either, but AnandTech also said they were surprised when Nvidia told them it would be $200 for stock 512 cards. But there won't be any $200 cards for at least the first 2 weeks. I do know that Nvidia is replacing the 8600gt and gts soon though.

http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3140&p=5

Never knew the the 8600 series was being replaced as well. I thought it was 8800GT replacing the 8800GTS 320MB and the "new" 8800GTS 640MB replacing the current 8800GTS 640MB and some 1TF card next year. IF the the 512s do drop to $200, they basically obliterate all competition making it one damn good and cheap performing card. One of the Canadian retailers already has the "new" 8800GTS 640MB available for preorder for $400- $410 CAD, which is a bit two expensive for me, but it will probably justify the price if it's performs really really good.

If you are looking at nvidia right now, the GT is the must have card as far as price/performance goes. GTX without a price cut is worthless.

The GTS series is EOL and the 8600 cards... well why bother for $100 more step up in performance that is well ahead of the 8600 series on TOP of having all the reasons you'd get an 8600 (quiet, power efficient, HD stuff etc).

I want a high end card dammit.

The goal will be 19x12 very high and 60 fps avg for Crysis. If something like that is released to replace the GTX at the oh say $400 range I'd be sold on it. (crossing fingers nvidia didn't lose their new pricing and performance generosity for the year).

I sure wish they would already have these links up its like come on man, why wait for the west coast, everything is usually done by east coast time anyways lol I am glad I waited for the 2900's and now the mid range gt's. Now I can finally get a nice replacement for my 7800gt if they ever go onsale today lol

Time to order like 5 - and resell on ebay with overnight shipping....

Haha, people are paying $300+ for these right now... so impatient =(

Wonder what would happen if I ordered one from NCIX.com, would it ship from their U.S. warehouses :eek: ?

Time to order like 5 - and resell on ebay with overnight shipping....

Haha, people are paying $300+ for these right now... so impatient =(

+1, i was thinking the same thing, ppl who bought them on zzf and/or ppl who missed out will want to pay big bucks for this

ppl really are impatient

They ship to USA - $270 shipping using standard shipping and added insurance.

Back