8600k Delidded OC to 5.0ghz not stable?

NAzzo123

n00b
Hello everyone I'm new to the forums! I have gotten my 8600k delidded from silicon lottery and they did a great job. I managed to get it to 4.9ghz clock with 4.3cache but at a 1.385v with temps going to 62c. Whenever i try pushing it to 5.0ghz even at 1.4v, it crashes at prime95 shortly after the test starts. I am using an Asrock extreme4 motherboard also. Another thing is that my CPUz showing a voltage way off from what i set it in the bios no matter what LLC i set it to. I feel like something needs to be tweaked but i'm not sure what else i should try.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 4.9ghz.png
    4.9ghz.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG-1482.JPG
    IMG-1482.JPG
    463.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-1483.JPG
    IMG-1483.JPG
    470.6 KB · Views: 35
I don't want to assume so I will ask, did you buy a Silicon Lottery chip that was billed as a 5.0 bin? If not, you must understand anything over the binned value, it was sold as, is not certain by any means. If you understand how Chips are binned then you understand the higher they can bin it the more they can get out of it at retail. If it were capable of a higher clock then they would sell it as such. Consumers only have to worry that it is on the edge of instability at the value they sell it at. If it was binned for 5.0 and sold as such, and is not capable of achieving that on your system then your system setup comes into play. Motherboard, it's bios, memory, it's settings, and even your PSU are suspect as to the cause of failure. All that said I used to rely solely on Prime 95 for stability and produced forum stickies in other forums in their regard. I no longer use it for stability because it is too over reaching/demanding for a normal users needs. You can find stability at higher clocks good enough to avoid crashes when all you do is game, browse and render with other stability test. I use Aida64 Extreme (paid) stress test , POV-Ray Benchmark and PCMark 8 or 10 bench mark (paid). 3DMark, Unigine Heaven & Furmark and HCI Design Memtest to test my machines at default clocks followed by Overclocked which is important because it's always best to see your overclock has increased your performance when it starts to digress it's time to do the same with your clock. There are other test that are free to replace some of the paid versions mentioned above such as Intel XTU stress tests, Memtest86+ but Prime 95 maybe overkill.

no it was not binned for 5.0ghz. I bought the processor the first day it was released and sent it to them. I have been tweaking the settings a bit now and it's looking better. I'm at 1.360v at 5.0ghz at the moment testing it out. I have found that LLC helps a lot but i have to keep it set at level 1 so that the vcore wont drop too much when doing a stress test. The vcore is a bit higher at idle which is what i'm trying to fix right now. Setting the LLC at level 1 and lowering the vcore little by little has been helping a lot so far. I'm wondering if i should turn the power saving mode off but when i turned off intel speed step, i got a blue screen booting into windows. I will continue to test different options.

I have reached a stable 5.0ghz at 1.34v only at 68c. I played around with LLC and disabled the c states. C state and speed step would have my voltage a bit higher and a larger vdroop.

Back