7900 Series Pricing and Availability

Anyone else order from Newegg today for a evga 7900 gtx Superclock and have it cancelled? I just checked my order and it was cancelled. What the heck is going on. I just want one dang card I dont want sli. Why would they have it forsale if they didnt have it?? Now I am mad :mad:

They were doing maintenance on the site, so the real time inventory item was down. They probably canceled due to insufficient inventory. The system auto cancels orders like that once it is back online.

WaXmAn said:
Anyone else order from Newegg today for a evga 7900 gtx Superclock and have it cancelled? I just checked my order and it was cancelled...

Yeah same happened to me yesterday, the site said in stock but then, turns out, not so much! :rolleyes:

bobstone said:
so how is tigerdirect, I got a time limit on getting mine cause i just sold my 7800gtx and am picking up the 7900gtx. I am stationed at japan can I rely on tigerdirect to be able to get it to me ? also what is your comments on the pny 7900gtx for 499 ??

as a rule of thumb I avoid all pny video cards

bobstone said:
so how is tigerdirect, I got a time limit on getting mine cause i just sold my 7800gtx and am picking up the 7900gtx. I am stationed at japan can I rely on tigerdirect to be able to get it to me ? also what is your comments on the pny 7900gtx for 499 ??

I got the PNY card from Tiger Direct and it took exactly 1 week for it to get here. I'm stationed in Germany. I haven't got to play around with the card yet (girls > PC :D ) but it should be fun. I was skeptical of getting an PNY card but it's really hard to tell the difference between the manufacturers other than warranty and the packaging. The PNY card has some of the crappiest packaging I've ever seen but I didn't buy this card for a box with some goofy drawing on it.

phobic said:
I got the PNY card from Tiger Direct and it took exactly 1 week for it to get here. I'm stationed in Germany. I haven't got to play around with the card yet (girls > PC :D ) but it should be fun. I was skeptical of getting an PNY card but it's really hard to tell the difference between the manufacturers other than warranty and the packaging. The PNY card has some of the crappiest packaging I've ever seen but I didn't buy this card for a box with some goofy drawing on it.

wait till you try to RMA it.

phobic said:

Tigerdirect is great. My card arrived next day (2 day shipping) from across the country. It was DOA, sadly, and the RMA process was absolutely painless, though unfortunately they were sold out by then.

Speaking of TigerDirect, what’s up with there shipping charges?
Ground 3-7 days = $16.99

Free shipping, or $5.99 at the most from newegg but of course newegg is out of stock but still, 17 bucks from TigerDirect?

I’m only in Michigan... and a bit stubborn, FU - TD!

NCIX makes me sad, no us CC accepted. Newegg had the eVGA 7900GT CO in stock briefly.

lol thats dumb, i looked and they dont have a US warehouse so $15 shipping

you can use paypal but, honestly that is kind bogus(not paypal, their lack of payment options for US customers)

Anyone have any idea if Newegg ever received a second shippment of BFG 7900GTX's on 3/20 like the ETA date has said for the past 4 days? I looked as soon as I woke up on 3/20 and the ETA had been replaced by OUT OF STOCK and no new ETA. :(

Im wondering if thier shippment was delayed, or if they just sold out within the first few hours?

Any other ideas of where I could get a BFG 7900GTX this week?!?!?

Thanks for any input,
Bloodgod42

Bloodgod42 said:
Anyone have any idea if Newegg ever received a second shippment of BFG 7900GTX's on 3/20 like the ETA date has said for the past 4 days? I looked as soon as I woke up on 3/20 and the ETA had been replaced by OUT OF STOCK and no new ETA. :(

Im wondering if thier shippment was delayed, or if they just sold out within the first few hours?

Any other ideas of where I could get a BFG 7900GTX this week?!?!?

Thanks for any input,
Bloodgod42

Heck if you find a place let me know I have been looking since the 12th.

fallguy said:
Looks to be just one, and well over MSRP.

NV's availability problems continue.

Only two hours after I posted. And the 359 one is the OC version. It was "well" over MSRP when it first came out and there were $299 GTs in stock. Get real. And stop making half-assed statements... they are moving stock quickly. At least 4 different SKUs for the 7900GT have been in stock over the past 3 days and then gone out of stock again.

I'm more worried about the GTX.

Dont be upset I spoke the truth. NV's availability problems do continue. Hopefully they get better, but as of now, its not very good at all. Neither are the prices.

On a positive note, they now have 4 in stock, from the same link. Starting at $319 and up.

I just spoke to an industry insider,,,...........later April will be the next time large quanities will be available.

Evga 7900 gtx non -sc in stock at EGG. Now get the non superclock or superclock once they get it damn. hard decision :confused:

WaXmAn said:
Evga 7900 gtx non -sc in stock at EGG. Now get the non superclock or superclock once they get it damn. hard decision :confused:

I am going with the regular version. I have heard rumors of a late April restock on the SC. Supposedly they are revisiting the fall out issues on the SC cards.

But, watch, the SC will be back in stock before I get the regular one delivered. :(

nVidia sure is doing a great job...

The switch to 90nm is really driving down the cost and increasing yields, these cards are a steal at $600-700. You can find them anywhere!

:mad:

Man i have a perfect Superclock , i am tempted to sell her for 1600 on ebay if this keeps up.lol I should have purchased 4 when i had the chance could have paid for two selling the other two. Of course if i did that there woiuld be millions of them and i would loose my shirt

Bop said:
nVidia sure is doing a great job...

The switch to 90nm is really driving down the cost and increasing yields, these cards are a steal at $600-700. You can find them anywhere!

:mad:

When the X1900XTX was launched, most people bought one. When the 7900 GTX was released, a lot of people are buying two. The XTX came in at $699 on launch, and since no one was interested, quickly dropped to a low $500 after a week. The 7900 GTX is launched at $499 MSRP, gets sold out, then gets bumped to $599 on many etailer sites. I have seen the OC card approach $700. Looks like it's good times to be an NVIDIA reseller.

HeavyH20 said:
When the X1900XTX was launched, most people bought one. When the 7900 GTX was released, a lot of people are buying two. The XTX came in at $699 on launch, and since no one was interested, quickly dropped to a low $500 after a week. The 7900 GTX is launched at $499 MSRP, gets sold out, then gets bumped to $599 on many etailer sites. I have seen the OC card approach $700. Looks like it's good times to be an NVIDIA reseller.

Sure is, newegg and the bunch must be rolling in cash by now. Bad time to be a consumer though, which all of us are. :(

HeavyH20 said:

Most of this is false.

"A lot of people bought two"? That depends on what you call, a lot. The people who bought two are a very small fraction of the cards sold. SLI and Crossfire is a niche, and a very small one at that.

The XTX was under MSRP at launch, which is $650. It wasnt $500 after a week, its just now starting to approach that price point, sometimes going under it. This is several weeks after launch.

The sad fact is, that NV doesnt have enough cards to sell. newegg has zero 7900 GTX's, and only one 7900 GT in stock. Which is $360. ZZF also has zero stock of the GTX's, and just three GT's. One for $310 (PNY yuck) , and two for $350. MonarchPC likewise doesnt have any GTX's in stock, and just two GT's in stock. $370, and $405. With the ETA for most cards middle of the next month, to the end.

Which sucks for consumers. It makes it hard to find a card, and when you do, its well over MSRP. NV normally gets a free pass with their availability problems however certain sites, unlike ATi.

And, now the Gigabyte, too at NewEGG.

The XTX was under MSRP at launch, which is $650. It wasnt $500 after a week, its just now starting to approach that price point, sometimes going under it. This is several weeks after launch.

Not sure what you mean by mostly false.The NVIDIA prices have been climbing and XTX prices fell at launch. And, it had nothing to do with units shipped. NVIDIA has been selling more cards.

BTW, I bought the XTX at launch for $690 (yes, I know, too much, but I thought they might sell like hotcakes). They were all about that price, sold out, then came back in stock a few days later. Then a week later, they were well under $600, then had instant savings, and soon after, you could get a retail XTX for $499. Not all brands are that cheap, mind you, but it still reflects demand. I recall the low 500's soon after release. The price drops occured more after two weeks, but after the first week, it was well under MSRP (mid 500's).

Back