7680x1440 and 7680x1600 Roll Call - What are you running?

Posted a video of my Skyrim running @ 8132x1600 / Ultra / 4xAA / FXAA / 4xTRSSAA (The loud noise is my A/C unit running beside my camera, not my computer)
http://youtu.be/PYHCcUvZWig

Also have updated some benchmarks on my EVGA post for the 4-way SLI
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?&m=1618312&mpage=1
Awesome work, thank you so much for taking the time to do this! Can you please do some more demanding games, like BF3, Crysis 2 DX11, and Metro 2033? <3

Also, can you please PM me the source of the original post in your EVGA forum thread, so that I can add it to the first post of this thread, if you don't mind?

I installed Crysis 2 this morning and downloading the DX11 and Texture pack. Will try to do some benchmarks when I get home, but I have no save games so it may be at the beginning. I've seen some tools that will do Crysis 2 benchmarks. May try and see if I can find that.
BF3, I'll try to get some there.
Metro 2033 will most likely only run on one screen event with my hardware. Do you still want me to grab benchmarks for it?

Also you just quoted the EVGA link in your response.

I installed Crysis 2 this morning and downloading the DX11 and Texture pack. Will try to do some benchmarks when I get home, but I have no save games so it may be at the beginning. I've seen some tools that will do Crysis 2 benchmarks. May try and see if I can find that.
BF3, I'll try to get some there.
Metro 2033 will most likely only run on one screen event with my hardware. Do you still want me to grab benchmarks for it?

Also you just quoted the EVGA link in your response.
Well, Metro 2033 has a built-in benchmark, so it wouldn't be hard to run either way. That's if you have time, of course. It will definitely be useful for future comparisons.

Yeah I'm getting ready for a short trip out to Vegas for a wedding (not mine, a friend who lives outside of Vegas) so time is crunched at the moment.
Will see what I can do tonight. I gave fomoz the code to my EVGA post so that should help this thread out a bit.

3x 30'' ZR30W, 7680x1600, 4x 7970 Quad-Fire.

With latest 12.6 drivers, all the games I have that are supporting Eyefinity are working fine. Metro 2033, Stalker COP, Deus EX HR, Warhammer Space Marine, etc. :)

With high AA, no problems. Highly OCed, those 4X 7970 are easily up to the task of powering 7680X1600.

Yeah I'm getting ready for a short trip out to Vegas for a wedding (not mine, a friend who lives outside of Vegas) so time is crunched at the moment.
Will see what I can do tonight. I gave fomoz the code to my EVGA post so that should help this thread out a bit.

Benchmarks added to the OP, you're our hero <3

PM me with any updates, please, I'll add them here :)

Will do. I'll see if I've got some time tonight. If not, I'll for sure have some this weekend.
Any specific place in BF3 that I should take a capture? I beat the game but no longer have my saves so I'm only at the start of mission 2.

Will do. I'll see if I've got some time tonight. If not, I'll for sure have some this weekend.
Any specific place in BF3 that I should take a capture? I beat the game but no longer have my saves so I'm only at the start of mission 2.

I think it would be cool to see BF3 multiplayer (64 player conquest) if possible.

Is the Metro 2033 benchmark in the game or a separate tool? If its separate do you know where I can find the latest version? Sorry i would google but not at home.

Submitted some battlefield 3 benchmarks, also on EVGA page. Downloading Metro 2033 and will post some benchmarks of that as well.

Submitted some battlefield 3 benchmarks, also on EVGA page. Downloading Metro 2033 and will post some benchmarks of that as well.
Thanks, added to OP! Looking forward to Metro 2033 :)

How does BF3 look without AA? Do you know if it's playable with only FXAA?

It is probably playable with some form of FXAA. I was having earlier issues with single player and didn't attempt it in MP.
Metro 2033 benchmarks i've done but they are at home. I believe the average was around 55.5 FPS @ 2560x1600 (DOF on, Physx on, 4xAA, DX11). Didn't get around to making a graph for that one yet.

Added clayton006's Metro 2033 2560x1600 results. Wow, I wonder why it's so slow considering the hardware. Maybe PhysX is killing it?

I'm running into heat issues just running 2 MSI Lightning 6970 cards in XFire (75+C when gaming). Not using liquid cooling.
How are you folks running 2 or more cards dealing with heat issues?

Mine stay pretty toasty but I'm not concerned too much about it. They usually break into the low 70's. I have an A/C unit running in my room so fan noise is pretty much drowned out.

Anyone here finding 3x30 monitors too much?

I recently joined the 3x30 7680x1600 club and find it awesome in some parts-Total field of view immersion. And crappy in others-Turning my head to see stuff, and poor performance in most games even with a GTX690

questioning weather I should go back to 3x24 again :/

I don't think mother nature is the right one to ask. Maybe the wife or your bank would be better to ask "whether" or not you swap. :D

I recently joined the 3x30 7680x1600 club and find it awesome in some parts-Total field of view immersion. And crappy in others-Turning my head to see stuff, and poor performance in most games even with a GTX690

Hell, I thought about going 3x24 vs. 1x30, and settled on 1x30. The cost of 3x27/30 is just too extreme to not actually be using that space, same for 3x24/27 really, while I'd much rather have the pixel density and resolution of a 30" on the center screen

Compound that with the cost of building a system to handle all of that, especially in a quiet manner, and the problems so many people see trying to get SLi/CFX to scale smoothly across all three screens, and the worth of such an awesome setup just isn't there yet.

I do applaud you guys for trying though :)

I have 3x27" and I think I made the right call. It's bigger than 3x24", but still borderline for productivity. 3x30" would definitely be too big.

What I originally wanted to do was tack two cheapass 20" 1600x900 Acer TN panels to each side of my ZR30w in PLP. They are close enough in size, and cost me all of $75 each shipped. Still waiting for GPU vendors to support this.

To me, that would have been the good 'middle ground'; I'd get more width and peripheral 'vision' without paying for a nice IPS panel that I'm not even going to really look at. And that's the real problem; unless you need color accuracy or wide viewing angles for an audience, having multiple IPS screens doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's a lot of cost for very little return, especially for gaming where you're not actually going to be looking at those screens.

That said I can't fault anyone for trying it, I just see the faults in the setup and decided against it. It seems that multi-panel setups are still a problem point for so many games and hardware configurations that you essentially have to build for it from the beginning. Unless you have a productivity-based use for the setup as well, it seems that the benefits are dwarfed by the costs and the effort :).

I've still got my 3x30" monitors on my desk but now I have them split apart. I think in games like Borderlands 2 and WoW and other non-competitive shooters it works out really well. Most of the time you are (or at least I am) staring at the center screen anyway.

I do believe that I'll be going for 24's, but that's because of having monitors that do 120hz refresh rate. Yes I know that there are IPS panels out there, but looking for something a little more mainstream at the moment.

I'm running two Geforce 670 GTX cards in 2-way SLI on a single 2560x1440 Catleap. I've been thinking about getting two more Catleaps, but I can't find jack for reviews on what's needed for acceptable framerates across three such screens.

It's cool to see folks listing benchies for the beyond what most of us can afford high end, but I do agree that it would be nice to see reviewers including more high end configs that may be considered by end users.

Lots of budget-conscious gamers are trying to squeeze the most bang for their buck. That may mean getting three 2560x1440 Catleap monitors for about $1000, and maybe spending $800-$1200 for the graphics sub-system. However, once you get into the $700 per monitor or nearly $2000 graphics sub-system range... the audience will be very very limited...

I'm running two Geforce 670 GTX cards in 2-way SLI on a single 2560x1440 Catleap. I've been thinking about getting two more Catleaps, but I can't find jack for reviews on what's needed for acceptable framerates across three such screens.

It's cool to see folks listing benchies for the beyond what most of us can afford high end, but I do agree that it would be nice to see reviewers including more high end configs that may be considered by end users.

Lots of budget-conscious gamers are trying to squeeze the most bang for their buck. That may mean getting three 2560x1440 Catleap monitors for about $1000, and maybe spending $800-$1200 for the graphics sub-system. However, once you get into the $700 per monitor or nearly $2000 graphics sub-system range... the audience will be very very limited...

Right now is not the best time for 7680x1440. I'd wait for next-gen GPU's if you want to run the latest games maxed out. Your only option will still be 4-way SLI, though, so be prepared to pay :)

Now running 3x EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB cards. I have issues with occasional lockups. The weird part is that it only seems to do that while browsing the web or while I'm in Photoshop. This occurs even faster if GPU acceleration is enabled. The only game that gives me any trouble is Crysis 2. I can play anything else all day. System passes Prime95 stress testing for 24 hours with no issues. This problem occurs at stock or overclocked speeds.

Performance is all over the map too. Some times 3-Way SLI is worse than 2-Way SLI performance wise. with two GTX 680's I had absolutely zero issues.

UPDATE:

Fixed. Zero issues.

Last edited:
Running a HD6990 and 2xHD6950 in quadfire to drive 3x30" plus 4x20" 1680x1050.

I joined the 7680x1600 club.:)

P1020619-1.jpg

I'm about to pick up another 7970 Lightning. Hopefully this will be enough to run games pretty well. Since my last post, I've been playing games mostly on 5760x1200.

Reporting in:

3 x 680 (2gb)

4 x 7970 (3GB)

Right now, the 680's are running 5760 x 1080 monitors and the 7970's are running 7680x1440 catleaps. I have used the 680's on the catleaps and really had no issues with Vram other than a few games that pushed over available memory. However, it really depends on the game....results vary widely.
I agree that if you were going to invest, wait for the next gen card...unless you want to run at least 3 cards...minimum.

I agree that if you were going to invest, wait for the next gen card...unless you want to run at least 3 cards...minimum.

Looking forward to the nVidia Titan :) Maybe we'll be able to get constant 60 fps in Crysis 3 with 4-way SLI.

Reporting in:

3 x 680 (2gb)

4 x 7970 (3GB)

Right now, the 680's are running 5760 x 1080 monitors and the 7970's are running 7680x1440 catleaps. I have used the 680's on the catleaps and really had no issues with Vram other than a few games that pushed over available memory. However, it really depends on the game....results vary widely.

Well how much more powerful will the 8970 be? I mean usually it's like 20% increase at most when it's a revised core (as opposed to a brand new one on a new process).

New card comes out that can run everything maxxed---
New game comes out that maxes out all cards---

Rinse, lather, repeat.

In the end, if you want the highest resolution available on the newest games available, you need the fastest graphics configuration available. 7k x 2k is an extreme resolution, you want nothing but an extreme setup to run it. How mch will you need? What will the cost be?

If you have to ask....

Just seen this thread, I hate multi screens with multi cards, been to hell with them :)

1st 5760x1200 3Way 6970's
2nd 5760x1200 6990+6950
3rd 7960x1600 3+2Way 7970's
4th 7960+1440 3+2Way Gtx 680's 4Gb

After all that I've never been happy with 3way cards giving me a headache, I've finally set with 680Sli but still would like that like bit more but 3wY just gives massive performance problems for me .

Titan maybe a good fix but way to late in my eyes after yrs of disappointing results from current generation cards.

3X HP ZR30W here.. currently with Tri 4GB 680's.. just preordered two Titans.. we will see.. probably be roughly the same performance.. trying to justify another Titan.

Back