7.7 sec boot time??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Tom or someone debunk this guy a few weeks ago? Basically he is full of shit.

Boot time isn't *that* farfetched. I've gotten about 17-20 secs with some serious streamlining.

Originally posted by jpmkm
Didn't Tom or someone debunk this guy a few weeks ago? Basically he is full of shit.

dunno, i dont ever read toms. i know this guy is full of shit. i'm just wonder what's his deal, exactly...

my lappy is like 8 sec. Maybe less then that. MSCONFIG IS YOUR FRIEND.

Originally posted by Nephron

msconfig does basically nothing. i have maybe 3 things startup on msconfig but it takes longer because i have drivers and shit that need to initialize. that and my harddrives are teh 2mb cache sux

lol.. Try installing 100 pieces of software and have them all start up. Then post your boot time buddy.

sorry, but I won't believe that until I see it

Are we talking about the time from when you push the button on to when Windows shows up? If that's the case, then any times you're talking about is impossible, unless you had nonvolatile memory or something like that.

Plus, I think that's what Mike's was promising (7.7 seconds from hitting power to being in windows), just like the near 0 dB cooling.

...best i could get was about 23 seconds from a cold boot.
xp2400+
512ddr
win xp home

"New Software: Exclusively for Michael's Computers computers"
Paint Shop Pro 8
3D Mark 03
Nero 6

I'm fairly sure any one of the companies that make those products can sue him for advertising those as exclusives...

This guy needs to be shot. It gives me an aneurysm just to read about his ignorance.

lol.. Try installing 100 pieces of software and have them all start up. Then post your boot time buddy.

did you just agree with me?

lol, he has an AOL account:p

don't you usually get a bunch of email addresses when you register a domain name?

Originally posted by jagec

don't you usually get a bunch of email addresses when you register a domain name?

hell, my $20 a year hosting gives me something like 20 email accounts...what a retard

the video is hilarious because he looks like such a liar. id love to see him get sued by every company he says he has contracts with (including the navy)

7.7s past POST... that means he start counted at "Windows XP Loading" screen... i manage to tweaked mine for the bar to move 1.25 times then enter windows.. i should have timed it :(

12k on 3Dmark03!? he gotta be kidding! i think he ran at 640X480 noAA noAF 16bit ultra low detail...

Originally posted by ocphangaz
7.7s past POST... that means he start counted at "Windows XP Loading" screen... i manage to tweaked mine for the bar to move 1.25 times then enter windows.. i should have timed it :(

12k on 3Dmark03!? he gotta be kidding! i think he ran at 640X480 noAA noAF 16bit ultra low detail...
...or maybe it runs command line, creates a RAM drive and copies all windows files to it, then boots windows...

Originally posted by kronchev
did you just agree with me?
no no, you said msconfig doesent really do anything.. What I am trying to say is that 100 pieces of startup software will slow down your boot time.. and why msconfig is still your friend.

Originally posted by jagec

Umm if you got the AOL account from a whois on the domain. When you register a domain you can't list and email address@thatdomain as your primary contact. I would guess this is because when your hosting expires and they try to email you a notice about your domain there is no way it could go through.

Anyways the guys still an idiot and a liar. (The guy from michaelscomptuers.com of course)

James

This is mine from a cold boot:

http://disanotech.com/boot.wmv

and thats damn fast, the XP bar harldy makes it across once.

You can hear the post beep, and i waited for all the icons to show, and norton to start. 29 secs.

Also, his paypal account has been disabled:
"This recipient is currently unable to receive money"

heh

Originally posted by cpuFAILURE

You can hear the post beep, and i waited for all the icons to show, and norton to start. 29 secs.

heh
Thanks cpuFAILURE, I rest my case kronchev & EnderW:rolleyes:

anyone who believes that bootup time is could deserve to get burned, but I guess some people do not know any better.

Originally posted by cpuFAILURE

heh

my completely UN-optomized car-comp does it in 33 seconds. course, i dont use norton on that comp.

i'm gonna be buying nod32 soon... maybe that'll help my main comp a little...

Originally posted by manofmilk
...best i could get was about 23 seconds from a cold boot.

Thats about what I get now after a year since it was built. When it was first built, it could do it in about 16 seconds.

this guy's website has been up since 1999...
http://web.archive.org/web/*/michaelscomputers.com

he has an intersting hobby i guess... but what is he trying to do or prove?

i guess he just thinks it is funny to see people create huge threads on forums about his website and shit...

actually, i just found this...
http://www.cafeshops.com/michaelscmpters/84682

i actually want to have a mousepad or smoething... just because it is funny and will bring a smile to my face... i wonder if you can actually buy that stuff? i won't drop $14 on one though...

Thanks cpuFAILURE, I rest my case kronchev & EnderW:rolleyes:

yeh, because 29 seconds is just like the 8 seconds you were saying

Originally posted by kronchev
yeh, because 29 seconds is just like the 8 seconds you were saying
:D Fresh install of xp and mod the bios..= hella fast boot time. Try it (Bill Nye the science guy) idiot.

I reformatted yesterday, and with only NAV installed, the bar went across just once and it booted in 13 seconds. Now, with Office, AIM, and a bunch of other stuff installed, it takes 20sec.

NF7-S, WD1600JB, 2500+@3200+

Originally posted by cpuFAILUREYou can hear the post beep, and i waited for all the icons to show, and norton to start. 29 secs.
Originally posted by Nephron Thanks cpuFAILURE, I rest my case kronchev & EnderW
WTF? You claim 8 seconds, someone posts a vid of a 30 boot and your resting your case?!?

Originally posted by Nephron Fresh install of xp and mod the bios..= hella fast boot time.
Umm, no. You could MAYBE get from the OS boot selection to the desktop in 8 seconds, so it doesn't matter what BIOS tweaks your doing (and I doubt your editing the BIOS, more likely configuring it), clean XP install or no. If you can, you must be the super engineer at Michael's computers manufacturing that uber seceret, exclusive, water cooling technology.

Laptops are also much slower to boot due to their blazingly fast HDDs.

Anyways, put up or shut up. Show us a video or something, but 8 seconds from power to desktop on a laptop is a pipe dream at this time.

Did I forget to mention that it was on a fresh reinstall? Also, on a fresh install of xp, the start bar moves like a cm. Another thing, you dont know what your talking about. My post on my laptop takes like 5-7 seconds. lol.. Go back to comp tech.

So you're saying you press the power button, and seven seconds later windows is done loading?

Erik

Sounds like he posts in 7 seconds, and then windows starts booting. That's not what we're talking about here Nephron. We're talking time from power on to you being in Windows. And unless you have some future hardware like mRAM, it's impossible to have a boot time of 7 or 8 seconds.

But my Windows can shutdown in 8 seconds. Whoaaaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back