• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

6970 or 6990?

Because spending 400+ on a new graphics card just to play metro max settings is worth it

/sarcasm
 
Because spending 400+ on a new graphics card just to play metro max settings is worth it
It's always been that way, but it has nothing to do with what I posted.
I'm saying there's even less incentive these days, which is why people are focusing more on multi-monitor setups. If the scene really hasn't changed, then we'd still be doing things the same way we always have.
 
I will buy the 6970, and since the 6990 will come out later, I will buy one later to go Tri-Fire again. Watercooled. :)
 
I call this the Rockstar Toronto Diversion.
"The game is doing things you can't see, which is why it runs so badly."

Why don't you justify why Metro 2033 runs so poorly? It was designed by some of the same folks who made STALKER which is not exactly known for being an optimum performer (the engine, I mean).

The burden is on you to prove that it is coded poorly, since you made the accusation. I haven't played it yet (It is sealed in shrinkwrap, waiting for card(s) which can run it at close to max setting in Eyefinity).
 
I use it as a generic term meaning "poorly designed PC game".
In other words, it's performing sub-par given how the graphics look.

Have you played it..? I thought it looked quite good, second only to Crysis. The lighting engine in particular is pretty incredible.
 
sigh, Okay I'll play along, since I have 0 faith in a dual GPU single card solution I'll more than likely get dual 6970s. Happy OP? :)
 
Back
Top