$69.99: WD Caviar Black 2TB @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiw, all of the drives look brand new, and there was no stray data or weird formatting on any of them.

So how do can we check to see if these drives are refurbed? My local Target has a few left.

No way in advance I don't think, but even if they are refurb is a Black ed 2TB not worth $69?

all five of mine appeared to be new, and didn't show any signs of usage.

I am in for 7, there were 51 in the shelf, all NETG, Malay's. I'll check them out to see if they are all blacks, thanks alot.

if you're REALLY careful you can probably pry them open and leave no marks. maybe try using a small plastic trim removal tool for small dash trim from an auto parts store.

Heya, nice XD, I been wanting one for the longest time :p. Ghost in the Shell ftw, haha.

How did you pry these babies open, I presume pressure first?

I was able to pry off the back cover but how do I take the drive out? Google has not shown one with the usb controller like mine. Instruction would be much appreciated!

I was able to pry off the back cover but how do I take the drive out? Google has not shown one with the usb controller like mine. Instruction would be much appreciated!

tug on each one of the rubber cushions and it will slide out

fwiw, all of the drives look brand new, and there was no stray data or weird formatting on any of them.

has this been a problem in the past? wd putting refurbed internal drives into external enclosures? would you be able to find anything on the SMART data if it was a refurb?

I just picked up the last two in the San Jose area apparently. Had to drive about 15 miles down to the Morgan Hill store to get them. NETG and made in Malaysia on the box on mine = Black WD2001FASS 64mb cache drives on both of them.

Checked a couple of other stores in the area but they were all out. I don't know how some of you guys were able to get a DOZEN or more of these things - that's crazy! Which store above has/had 51 of them on the shelf???

I just picked up the last two in the San Jose area apparently. Had to drive about 15 miles down to the Morgan Hill store to get them. NETG and made in Malaysia on the box on mine = Black WD2001FASS 64mb cache drives on both of them.

Checked a couple of other stores in the area but they were all out. I don't know how some of you guys were able to get a DOZEN or more of these things - that's crazy! Which store above has/had 51 of them on the shelf???

I'll sell ya some, but I'm trying to make a few bucks off of them.

Wheaton, IL had a ton.

No other stores within 30 miles had ANY, but this store had a whole endcap of them.

Kinda like Fallout when one vault got all the water chips!
:p:p

I'll sell ya some, but I'm trying to make a few bucks off of them.

Wheaton, IL had a ton.

No other stores within 30 miles had ANY, but this store had a whole endcap of them.

Kinda like Fallout when one vault got all the water chips!
:p:p

Let me guess, you want $139.99 plus tax plus shipping for each???

The 4TB I just got is more than I need.

Thx anyways.

Sold out at the palisades mall in NJ. I'm not hurting on HDD space, I was just checking while I was shopping with the wife.

Can someone do a quick bullet-list for the differences between Green and Black drives? (yes, lazy)

Can someone do a quick bullet-list for the differences between Green and Black drives? (yes, lazy)

How's this:

* one has a black label
* other has green label
* black label drive is better
* green label drive is not bad but not as good as black one

Does that work? If not, Google might have an answer better than mine ;)

How's this:

* one has a black label
* other has green label
* black label drive is better
* green label drive is not bad but not as good as black one

Does that work? If not, Google might have an answer better than mine ;)

Yeah, but it feels good to hear it from a [H] bro ;)

crap -- all the stores along the thruway from NJ to albany were out... lol, anyone got 4 they want to get rid of? :p

Went to all of the Target and SuperTargets near me and none had them in stock. Arrggg!

I was going to buy some cheap storage, heh, but I am having trouble utilitzing the 4T I already have even with 6 computers in the house.

It should only get better here on out.

It would not surprise me at all to start seeing $150 1TB slower SSD drives in the next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back