• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

660Ti $299 8/16 Release

ymc

n00b
Joined
May 13, 2010
Messages
55
Performance similar to AMD HD7950

Release Date: 8/16 6pm Taiwan Time

:cool:
 
7950 is still better choice, when overclocked it would destroy the 660.

Oh just so everyone knows.. the GTX 660 is going to be factory locked so you could never, ever, EVER overclock it at all, which obviously means that the 7950 is going to be better. I assume that Psyside either works for Nvidia and wanted to hint something at us about this card.. or he somehow knows something about a card that no consumer has even seen yet.

Tru story.
 
Oh just so everyone knows.. the GTX 660 is going to be factory locked so you could never, ever, EVER overclock it at all, which obviously means that the 7950 is going to be better. I assume that Psyside either works for Nvidia and wanted to hint something at us about this card.. or he somehow knows something about a card that no consumer has even seen yet.

Tru story.

Lets bet, if 7950 wins 660 when overclocked, (even if both overclocked) you get banned, if not i get my account banned, lets bet? i will pm some mod, come on now tough guy show me what you got, pm me if you want.

-Or we could just ban you for annoying the moderators with stupid stuff like this. -Oldie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How? If this is close to 7950 then that means its close to 670. Hey nvidia lets cannibalize your own sales even more by puting out cheaper products that perform so closely to your highends no one wants them! Because it worked out so well for intel...

I don't believe this rumor.
 
Lets bet, if 7950 wins 660 when overclocked, (even if both overclocked) you get banned, if not i get my account banned, lets bet? i will pm some mod, come on now tough guy show me what you got, pm me if you want.

I don't think he's necessarily saying the 660 will beat the 7950. He's just saying no one knows the actual capabilities of the card yet, so there's no point in claiming unknowns as truths at this point.
 
I know because hardware wise the 660 has no chance vs 7950 when overclocked! 7950 would gain alot more performance with overclock due to higher bandwidth and memory interface.
 
The 660 in whatever flavor it is finally released will be matched with the 7870/7850 and not the 7950. There's no way nVidia would further crowd that performance range.
 
I remember why I tend to avoid video card forums now... Thanks for the life lesson.
 
Can we please wait until the reviews before the fanboy screaming begins? This is ultimately good whichever side you favor, because it means prices should drop for all of us :cool:
 
Ok lets wait and see, then will see who will laugh.

The 660 in whatever flavor it is finally released will be matched with the 7870/7850 and not the 7950. There's no way nVidia would further crowd that performance range.

Yep but people are so stupid, its not even funny.
 
I offered you a bet, but you didn't accept it, if you think i'm wrong, at least have balls to prove it, or go away.

192 bit memory interface - low memory bandwidth - very limited card. Won't do shit in demanding games, add on that the other cut offs, and you get clearly inferior card to 7950, and with overclocking, it would be even more big difference.
 
ilikewherethi128626071912593390.jpg
 
If an HD 7950 overclocked to the max matches/beats a GTX 670 OC'ed to the max(watercooling, the 7950 was @ 1250 core, w/e memory and the 670 was either 1300 or close to it at core) then I don't think a GTX 660 will beat an OC'ed 7950. That said, if it is $300, it will compete with the HD 7870 which won't reach 7950 or GTX 670 OC levels.
 
If an HD 7950 overclocked to the max matches/beats a GTX 670 OC'ed to the max(watercooling, the 7950 was @ 1250 core, w/e memory and the 670 was either 1300 or close to it at core) then I don't think a GTX 660 will beat an OC'ed 7950. That said, if it is $300, it will compete with the HD 7870 which won't reach 7950 or GTX 670 OC levels.

Correct ;)
 
meaningless bets over teh interwebs is srzbsns. Plus, I don't think I ever even disagreed with you, hence why its hilarious..

implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg
 

I was skeptical about it too but I got my hands on my favorite magazine over here in Germany again(PC Hardware) and they actually had that test in it(They also had GTX 570 vs HD 6970 last year) and I was really surprised how well the 7950 did. It gained on average over 40%, while the GTX 670 gained at most 30% I believe and this put them neck and neck.
 
I was skeptical about it too but I got my hands on my favorite magazine over here in Germany again(PC Hardware) and they actually had that test in it(They also had GTX 570 vs HD 6970 last year) and I was really surprised how well the 7950 did. It gained on average over 40%, while the GTX 670 gained at most 30% I believe and this put them neck and neck.

Well reason behind that is the memory bandwidth/interface limitation, which will be even bigger issue with the GTX660.
 
Well reason behind that is the memory bandwidth/interface limitation, which will be even bigger issue with the GTX660.

Well it was at 1920x1080 so I was still surprised :D.

But yeah, that makes sense. Fermi seemed to do really well with increases compared to overclocking, I remember the GTX 470 was a monster if you had watercooling and increased the volts.

Ok the GTX 670 was at 1215 core, and the HD 7950 at 1250. (Air cooling)

The GTX 680 and 7970 were watercooling, and the 680 was at 1296 core, the 7970 at 1310 and they were about even with the 7970 winning a little bit.
 
Well it was at 1920x1080 so I was still surprised :D.

But yeah, that makes sense. Fermi seemed to do really well with increases compared to overclocking, I remember the GTX 470 was a monster if you had watercooling and increased the volts.

Games like Crysis (vanlia) The Witcher 2, Metro 2033 etc, are bandwidth hungry even at 1080p so that puts the GTX6xxx in trouble, and 79xx series ahead, however it mostly depends from the games you test, in the most demanding 79xx wins.
 
Card un-released. Specifications un-known. Price un-known. Arguing about how crappy said card will or will not be = pointless, stupid, ignorant and any other similiar word you want.
 
meaningless bets over teh interwebs is srzbsns. Plus, I don't think I ever even disagreed with you, hence why its hilarious..

implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg
Yeah i was like wtf also :)) u basicaly agreed with him but he jumped and chalanged u to a bet over a thing u both agree on :))) who would win rofl
 
Performance similar to AMD HD7950

Release Date: 8/16 6pm Taiwan Time

:cool:


Not as exciting as first seems cause:

-7950 is approaching $320 already after rebate

-Still has 384 bit bus

-Still has 3GB RAM.

Oh but are we sure 660ti only has 192 bit bus? If so that'll be a real problem imo (more because Nvidia will probably default it to 1.5GB RAM instead of 3GB like they should than actual mem bandwidth)

I thought 660ti was gonna be a further castrated GK104 in which case it could have a 256 bus.

There is unbelievable performance crowding in the 300-500 proce range though. 7870, 7950, 7970, 670, 680, and more to come...

Yet what continues to boggle me is nothing between 129 7770 and 250 7850. Stupid.

august 16 rings true, but damn thats a long time. shit, before long we'll be coming up on the NEXT release of AMD's cards (EG the 8000 series)
 
Last edited:
Yeah i was like wtf also :)) u basicaly agreed with him but he jumped and chalanged u to a bet over a thing u both agree on :))) who would win rofl

He thought i'm talking about one card overclocked vs stock,i never said 660 will be locked. I was provoked because he was implying that no one can know anything before the card would be released, or which card will be faster, but then again we where talking about card with specs which leaked and where listed in last few days, and with that specs we compared it to 7950, compassion which was started from the OP.

So yes speculations wise, when you compare 660 to 7950 you get clear winner in 7950.
 
I wonder what the chances are that there will be a 660 single slot non-reference card.
 
I wonder what the chances are that there will be a 660 single slot non-reference card.

Probably pretty high, there was a GTX 460 single slot card, although that was really expensive for what it was.
 
Random comment: I love my GTX 680s.

Can't we all just get along? Lol.
 
Source is a highly reputable member of a Taiwanese forum. He claimed he learned this from a Taiwan Nvidia official. I will post more if he leaks more.
 
Did I miss the source or is this thread for us to just fanboy all over and spout speculation out of our ass?
 
Did I miss the source or is this thread for us to just fanboy all over and spout speculation out of our ass?

That sounds like a bad case of the runs.


And the "source" is claiming speculation from months ago so no big deal.
 
Back
Top