5870s going for 300+ on ebay...time to sell?

I wonder if AMD corporate knows this and is running all the 5xxx series cards it has at their corporate offices. Considering the Bulldozer delays, it seems like they could use all the money they can get.

BTW, I have an unused (really!) Sapphire Vapor-X (nice and quiet!) 5870 if anyone wants one.

because of the lower power usage it's really efficient, but only gets about 250 MH/s, which should produce about 10 BTC a month...

Yea I understand it isn't the highest raw performer. But since I have the card on hand on in spare PC that mostly sits idle anyways (or is used for web browsing), might as well put it too work especially since its the most efficient from a power usage scenario. My power bill is cheap too, especially since I never exit tier 1 pricing due to low usage. Guess it is a little more money on the side.

Set it up today, will see how it goes.

Last edited:
ive been doing this for some time now. I have all the pcs in my house working 24/7 3 of them have 5750's and then my gaming rig with a 6870. I do solo.

it pays for itself, plus i have extra cash. With out having to lift a finger. Ok maybe i have to lift a finger to press the mouse button to click start lol.

I was thinking about buying some 5870's. But if i had 3 rigs with 5870's in them the cops would prolly come knocking on my door asking if i grow weed or something lol.

For those wanting a pool, theres a thread about it in the Distributed Computing section. The more we have the better, but this needs to get going SOON if we're going to do well with an [H] pool.

I bought my 5970 for around that price. Very unusual for computer parts to go up in price. Enjoy the spike now since it won't last forever.

For those wanting a pool, theres a thread about it in the Distributed Computing section. The more we have the better, but this needs to get going SOON if we're going to do well with an [H] pool.

whats the link?

can someone explain how to start this i really havent found much in the way of guides that made sense to me

can someone explain how to start this i really havent found much in the way of guides that made sense to me

1. make sure you have CCC installed
2. download guiminer
3. go to btcguild.com and sign up, and make a worker, title it what you want
4. run guiminer and choose other, type in btcguild.com, your user name, password, and worker name from your btcguild account
5. click start mining

way too easy. i got foiled for a while cuz i somehow didnt have CCC installed. :D

bitcoin is the greatest thing since advertisement bars paying you to move the mouse. I'm going to get rich. it's a sure thing

because of the lower power usage it's really efficient, but only gets about 250 MH/s, which should produce about 10 BTC a month...

with 10 BTC a month that is about 250-300$ a month.

i dunno about you but where live its 12.5 cents per KWH.

I was thinking about buying some 5870's. But if i had 3 rigs with 5870's in them the cops would prolly come knocking on my door asking if i grow weed or something lol.

No the power draw from those lamps is much much more then 3 5870 . Think they are well over 1000 watt ...

solo mining is a lottery, i suggest you try it if you can do around 2000mhash/s or more , so that like 5 5870's or so, anything less pool mine. Pool at 750mhash/s (2 * 5870 or a 5970) pays around 1.2BTC a day exchange rate is around 25-30 to 1 (USD > BTC). Currently running 4 * 5870's , 5 * 5830's for around 4200mhash/s a second, pool pay is 6-7 BTC a day. Anyone looking to sell their 58** hardware do it now :)

bitcoin is the greatest thing since advertisement bars paying you to move the mouse. I'm going to get rich. it's a sure thing

laugh all you want, I just bought a 6850 for $45 and 4.189 BTC from Amazon.com...lol

ZOMGIT'SFAKEMONEY!!1!1!11!1!!YOUCAN'TSPENDIT!!1111!11!!!!!!

lol, keep believin' that...

ive been doing this for some time now. I have all the pcs in my house working 24/7 3 of them have 5750's and then my gaming rig with a 6870. I do solo.

it pays for itself, plus i have extra cash. With out having to lift a finger. Ok maybe i have to lift a finger to press the mouse button to click start lol.

Trust me when tell you they need more than a high electric bill for a search warrant.

Wow that was retarded. I put my 5870 up BIN for $325 and sold! Lol

ahaha awesome. i kinda wish i had only put my auction up for 3 days instead of 5 now...sigh. im sitting at $300 with 2 1/2 days left.

how much did you make after ebay fees and paypal deductions? I'm thinking about selling one of my cards too on ebay.

After fees and shipping I'm looking at $275 profit. I haven't sold on ebay in a long time.....fees are steep and nothing like dbl dip from ebay then pp! :rolleyes:

Oh well time to upgrade!

Think I might throw my 5770 up there as well it's going for close to what I paid for it.

Yea selling on ebay is ridiculous now, you get hit by 8-10% in fees from ebay and paypal. Really wish there was a competing service.

Haha the xfx 5850 is selling for 521 on Amazon right now! I wonder if anyone actually paid that?!?!

Well I am too lazy to bitcoin. I will be listing my 5870 soon for $300. Where is the best place to list. I have solid heatware under Echelon V 154-0-0 and good ebay feedback too. So where is the best place to list it? Amazon?

Yea selling on ebay is ridiculous now, you get hit by 8-10% in fees from ebay and paypal. Really wish there was a competing service.

One time I had a person on eBay who had put up some Panaflo 92s in a BIN listing. The listing had already expired once, and I knew he had relisted it, so I shot him a message and offered to do a private transaction with Paypal to get those fans out of his house. He said yes, and I paid him in the middle of his starting price and BIN price.

It might be worth trying the ^^^ with BIN items, at least it worked for me. Hope this helped.

id list at amazon > ebay due to fees though

My only downside to that as I haven't established feedback at amazon yet. I have bought tons of stuff there but no sales yet. :(

*EDIT*
Just listed it in the BST here at [H] for $250 and will move it to amazon if it doesn't sell. Haven't sold on amazon yet but will look into it. Thanks for the advice. :)

Last edited:
single 6950 with 1536 cores at 900mhz and i'm getting only 323M/hashes a sec. If I knew of this before I sold my 5850s and Oc'd them I'd be doubling this easy, and at this rate It's not all that worth it to mine I guess.

Back