5870 prices coming down fast!

im guessing theres a typo in there.. or you being sarcastic about the 5870 price drop? :p

Yeah, Im just riddled with ADD. I type a post out as fast as my little brain can think of the words, hit submit then back up to the "New Posts" button. A little proof reading now and then would do me some good. ;)

I got mine for $350 back in March. ;)

Hopefully the 6x's will drop the price down more. I've always wanted to try 3-way crossfire.

$599 has always been MSRP for the 5970. That's what I bought mine for when it first came out. Retailers marked up the price soon after, which was not AMD's doing.

Got my 5870 brand new for $300 in May.... Brand new sealed. Craigslist ftw.... Dude WAS asking 400 tho. Imma wheeler dealer. Hope it didn't fall off a truck...

Fry's still sells 5870's for $419 o.0

I need a new vid card for a PC that I'm building, and this time I'm gonna choose an AMD one, the 5870 is looking good!! :)

I've always wanted to try 3-way...

:eek:

clearing inventory for 68XX series, might be here rather sooner than later. Had my 5870 since launch day, not a bad investment was $350 or so.

Thats cool but I got my 5870 for $250. I like the card, but the drivers imo are terrible. The monitor flickering gets really annoying.

Most likely everyone is going to clear out their 5800 series inventory for 6800 series cards and probably trying to get some sales from people who don't follow this like we do and just think the cards are on sale or something.

By next week we should be seeing some real good deals from AMD cards.

clearing inventory for 68XX series, might be here rather sooner than later.
Bingo. I have a hunch that the 6800 series will be out in September, October at the latest. These Chinese leaks might mean that AIB partners already have them.

So basically 10 months after release the cards are finally selling for the MSRP.
They also have the bezel correction they promised and the $30 DP to DVI active adapters are coming out next week.
Better late then never. I'll probably buy the 5870 when it hits $299.

finally back to MSRP!? :eek:
dang, almost 12 whole --------ing months above it!

I don't think even the G80 managed to command that :p (well, maybe it did, lol, I don't remember).

Bingo. I have a hunch that the 6800 series will be out in September, October at the latest. These Chinese leaks might mean that AIB partners already have them.

im still saying november.. probably see the paper launch some time in mid october..

I bought 2 ASUS 5870 Eyefinity 2GB cards brand new for $560 back in July from craigslist. Legit, I got the receipt and checked it on Newegg. The address matched the seller. The story is that they(a company) bought them for an HP computer. They told HP what they were planning to do and HP told them it would void their warranty(this is an enterprise computer) . They were asking $600(still a deal) but it was on a Sunday I had $160 cash and my ATM limit was $400. They had not received any calls for the 2 days it was up so they took the bird in the hand.

The down side is that I had bought a Sapphire 5870 on Friday (New in box also). I have been too busy to put it up for sale. Need to do it quick

Waiting on 5830 price drops, hopefully they come soon

No kidding! I wouldve thought theyd be down to $150 by now with everybody raging over the GTX460. They finally went down to $190 today but hell, 460's are going for that now.

Got my 5870 brand new for $300 in May.... Brand new sealed. Craigslist ftw.... Dude WAS asking 400 tho. Imma wheeler dealer. Hope it didn't fall off a truck...

Fry's still sells 5870's for $419 o.0

I've noticed Fry's has decent prices on all computer parts except video cards. Their video card prices are fucking HORRIBLE.

I've noticed Fry's has decent prices on all computer parts except video cards. Their video card prices are fucking HORRIBLE.

Same with Microcenter, not sure why. Got my i5 750 for $150 when the cheapest was over $200 anywhere else. But they had an 8400GS for $85, hehe.

No kidding! I wouldve thought theyd be down to $150 by now with everybody raging over the GTX460. They finally went down to $190 today but hell, 460's are going for that now.
I know. I would've thought AMD would've dropped their prices a while ago on the 5830. That cards been taking a beating ever since the 460 came out.

Back