5870 for 150 shipped

I grabbed one, no rebate to deal with sold me. Otherwise newegg has deals that are as good or better after rebate.

Just an update, I received mine today. It does not come in its original packaging, nor its original static bag. It doesn't look used, but may be a refurb (is there an easy way to tell?). It's the original 5870 that looks like that batmobile, unbranded. I'll install it later and see how it works. I bought this for xfire.

Just an update, I received mine today. It does not come in its original packaging, nor its original static bag. It doesn't look used, but may be a refurb (is there an easy way to tell?). It's the original 5870 that looks like that batmobile, unbranded. I'll install it later and see how it works. I bought this for xfire.

Seeing as their site says it's a plain box OEM version I am not sure what the problem is, unless they updated that after you bought it.

I need to stop reading this stuff it's getting costly. I am going to get the 2700k off the retail edge deal and was planning to sell it but I could build a nice system with this for cheap. Although I would be better off building a second rig and transfer my 2500k to the new one and keeping the 2700k.

Seeing as their site says it's a plain box OEM version I am not sure what the problem is, unless they updated that after you bought it.
There's no problem at all. I'm just letting people know what they should expect since no one has yet posted what they received.

It took them about 3 days from when the shipping label was made to actually ship the item, but it should be here in on Tuesday. I'll report back when it get it.

So the card was just sitting in the box naked? Hmm.

If you read between the lines it is most likely in non-original static bag. If it was just in a box without proper packaging I would think the person you quoted would be more outraged.

Everyone should just bite on the 5970 deal... ohh wait it's over... So far I've went from 4890 to 5870 to 6970 and now to the 5970.

does this include the crossfire bridge? i'm assuming not?

does this include the crossfire bridge? i'm assuming not?
No it doesn't. It's just the card only with nothing else. Doesn't have any third party branding on it at all, just the ATI sticker on the fan. I've only had about 10 minutes to mess around with it but the difference in BF3 compared to my 4850 is amazing :).

I received mine on the 28th. I see nothing wrong with the card; it looks brand new. It's sitting happily next to my other 5870, blowing my face off with the performance I'm now getting in games. Metro 2033 is finally playable at max settings. So beautiful! :)

I received mine on the 28th. I see nothing wrong with the card; it looks brand new. It's sitting happily next to my other 5870, blowing my face off with the performance I'm now getting in games. Metro 2033 is finally playable at max settings. So beautiful! :)

Mine are coming tomorrow.:D I am happy to hear hear your card works great. Did it smell new?:p

I have to say I'm really fucking impressed by this card. It's silent running bf3. I was expecting to be annoyed by it. I don't really know how I was content with a 4850 for so long o_o.

I'm so tempted to upgrade my 4850, but I'm using a Core 2 Duo, so the upgrade probably won't make a difference (found that out the hard way when I purchased a 5850).

Any word on if these are reference pcbs? Would like to know for full coverage block possibilities.

Thanks.

Mine has the reference cooler and looks identical to my reference XFX 5870 I purchased right after it was released. I haven't looked at the PCB itself to compare, though.

Mine showed up yesterday as well. It looks brand new and it does look to be a reference card. Plugged it in and it runs perfect! If your on the fence do it!

Could i power 2 of these with a 700w seasonic? I have a watercoold q9550@4ghz, 8gb of ram, 120gb ssd and a 300gb VR.

Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The 5870 is much, much faster than the 6870. In fact, it's almost as fast as the 6950.

Not sure where you're getting your info from but depending on the game either the 5870 or the 6870 can be faster. A 6950 would smoke either one of them. If u don't believe me go use anand's gpu 2011 bench comparison. That's the reason I held off on this deal because the 6870 would be a wiser buy if don't already have a 5870.

Not sure where you're getting your info from but depending on the game either the 5870 or the 6870 can be faster. A 6950 would smoke either one of them. If u don't believe me go use anand's gpu 2011 bench comparison. That's the reason I held off on this deal because the 6870 would be a wiser buy if don't already have a 5870.

:confused: My 5870 sits with a 6950 at stock, at 1gz OC it's around a 6970 stock. That's why I never saw the need to upgrade. Anand's numbers are low compared to what I get aways.

:confused: My 5870 sits with a 6950 at stock, at 1gz OC it's around a 6970 stock. That's why I never saw the need to upgrade. Anand's numbers are low compared to what I get aways.

Anand's comparison is apples to apples. I guarantee u a 6950 2gb would be faster than your 5870 in your box. With that being said, it wouldnt be worth upgrading unless you were going to 6970

Back