$50 Logo Contest

xENo

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, here's the deal: I need a logo for a new "network" of sites I have. The name of the network is Fuel Empire. What I want from the winner is a 600dpi .psd, .jpg, or .eps. What I want to see posted is a 72dpi web version... when the winner is selected, we'll discuss payment of the $50 and on payment I get the 600dpi original.

What I would like to see:
black and white if possible, maybe 1 shade of gray. Totals should not exceed black, white, and possibly gray. This may be cut as vinyl or printed black and white, so thats why I have a 3 color limit.

Something that signifies something huge. Maybe a city with gas cans for buildings or something....

What I do not want to see:

No star wars emulations. No more than 3 colors. No clip art. 100% original only, please.

That's pretty much it. I'll leave this contest open until I pick a winner.... best of luck to you all!

Just the words "FUEL EMPIRE" Should be easy to read text... nothing scripty

I dont need anything bigger than 12" in either direction....

Fuel.jpg

I got two made for you, but my host is having some issues so it wont show on the forums. If you want I can email you the images, or send them threw AIM.

just a rough pencil and sharpie sketch

it this what you were looking for
fe.jpg

Something I made in about 2 minutes. Is this something I should pursue further? Or, are you looking for something different?

fuelempire1.gif

what kind of fuel is "fuel empire" referring to? any type or a specific one? gasoline? fuel as in "energy"? or something else?

Email? I dont have anything to post it up with... thanks!

xENo,

Heres my logo I made. You can imagine how hard it is to make a logo with two colors without being able to use shading! :) The original document size is 12in x 12in x 600dpi. Using nothing but Black & White. :) File format is .PSD but can be delivered in any other format you wish.

All is done by freehand vector. All vector paths are included so if you wish to make the document a few hundred feet vert and horz without losing quality, its all there for you. All colors, fonts, text sizes, placement and size of anything will be changed for you at your request.

In my opinion, this image tells many words. The image should be easy for vinyl cutting.

Please remember, if you want anything changed, let me know and I will do it for you.

Thank you!

The original looks so much more crisp and clear than the JPEG below.
(The JPEG may have blurred pixels or artifacts due to compression.)

fuelempire.jpg

RandysWay

Picture can be resized... and everything can be made a bit smoother. Didnt want to waste 30 more minutes or so if you didnt even like my idea.

done2.jpg

If anyone can host this pic for me let me know, the pic will own my bandwidth

i got ya bro ;) delete your post if u need

<image removed>
ezteh thinks he is so much better than me b/c HE got to host *runs and cries* :D

Oh BUGGER! I'm too bloody BUSY! I have URGENT work to do ... oh well ... here's my quicky! :(

fe.jpg

Pretty sweet Hyperion, but one thing ...

xENo said:
What I would like to see:
black and white if possible, maybe 1 shade of gray. Totals should not exceed black, white, and possibly gray. This may be cut as vinyl or printed black and white, so thats why I have a 3 color limit.

:(

xENo, can you please give us your thoughts on some of these logos? :)
Heres a slightly updated one.......

fuelempire2.jpg

A quick idea. Anything can be modified, made with vectors in adobe illustrator. Email me at sanaber AT mymail.aacc.edu if you're interested.

fuelogo.gif

Sorry guys, I've been out at parties all weekend and sleepin till 1....

Slugworth: Not bad but I hardly recognize the fuel tank thing... the buildings are a bit too cartoony as well.... and the font doesnt have the massive feeling to it.

eztech: Not really.... they must make odd shaped gas cans where you're at... :p

cuemaster: I like the symbolism approach... however, I think pontiac might have a fit over that particular symbol, as might star trek.

RandysWay: I'm feelin the building... yours would probably stand a better chance without the cylinders, and with 'Fuel Empire' centered vertically as well, or maybe at the bottom?

Tengis: I love the fire smiley guy... and I'm liking the oil barrels with the "lean" on them to make them feel bigger. I'd like to see more variations of this... maybe the smiling fireguy next to the words with a different font... something italicized perhaps?

Hyperion: I know you got skills man.... I've seen your stuff and was particularly looking forward to your entry... take a real shot at it, man :D

Ettubrute now THATS what I'm talkin about.... that city is damn near perfect. Could you play with some variation on the font? Maybe some type of symbollic gesture to the left of it as well?

shocksyde: (cool username, btw) That's a cool look with the gauge letters, but overall not particularly what I'm looking for...

Staticax: what can I say.... it *is* an empire of fuel.... :p Not really liking much on this attempt though...

I've seen it asked so I'm going to explain the purpose of this site. I've recently purchased about 5 import/atv/lowrider/anything that runs on a motor websites. My company has a site plan in the works, which will basically allow these people to showcase their vehicles. We needed a network site to serve as central headquarters, and thats where Fuel Empire comes in. It's serving to tie all these websites together. Therefore, the type of fuel would be gasoline, presumably.

Just to excite you guys further... when it comes time to make logos for those 5 subsites, I'll be holding a competition for any one of them, and the winner of that one will get to do the logo for all the sites (since I want them similiar, and character based) at $50 a pop...

Anyways, keep the logos comin guys... now that the weekend is almost over I'll be responding more frequently.

Hyperion: I know you got skills man.... I've seen your stuff and was particularly looking forward to your entry... take a real shot at it, man :D

Just a note ... xENo I don't like to disadvantage my fellow competitors, but Ettubrute's
city (damn fine illustration there) will be a BITCH to print, even worse to fax, and the vinyl
cutter is likely to blow up! Simplicity's where it's at. What confuses me is that you
specifically ask for a 1-bit colour job (ANY logo should be designed to work in one colour),
as if you're only interested in signage or cheap printing.

Since your target is the Web, I'd say keep eye-candy in mind for the web-site. In your
case I'd suggest staying miles away from 'empire building' (its too busy and has a large
probability of looking cheesy) and rather looking to automotive insignia, have a look at all
the automotive brands: Mazda, Toyota, Nissan, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, Jaguar,
Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, VW, Volvo, Smart, Chrysler ... they're all VERY clean and
simple, they all work in any medium from Vinyl through to embroidered golf-shirts.

While you're at it look at the heavyweight brands: Nike, Adidas, Saucony, Reebok, Asics,
Puma, Le Coq Sportif, Oakley, Rayban, Casio, Bulova, Microsoft, Symantec, Adobe,
Corel, Intel, AMD, Sony, LG, nVidia, ATI, SGI, IBM, Dell, Bell, AT&T, Sprint, Panasonic,
NAD, JVC, Kenwood, Telefunken, Pioneer, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis ... all of them are
simple ... and easy to memorise ... too much fuzz detracts from your core motif. ;)

hey Xeno, how would you like the font to be like? Curvy? or Blocky with edges? and what do you mean by symbolic thingy on the left? As in a symbol that refers to "fuel"? It'd be nice if you can tell me some specifics :)

thanks

cuemaster: I like the symbolism approach... however, I think pontiac might have a fit over that particular symbol, as might star trek.

I'll beam up another one later. I'm studying at the moment. :)

Just a note ... xENo I don't like to disadvantage my fellow competitors, but Ettubrute's
city (damn fine illustration there) will be a BITCH to print, even worse to fax, and the vinyl
cutter is likely to blow up! Simplicity's where it's at. What confuses me is that you
specifically ask for a 1-bit colour job (ANY logo should be designed to work in one colour),

I personally don't think it'll be a problem to print. It is only black, and white, like Xeno asked. Also it was done with vectors, so the computer will always know exactly where to print/cut. And if the lights of the buildings are too complicated, they can always be lessened or removed - but I think the lights add liveliness to this "fuel empire". just my 2 cents.

Hyperion said:

I agree, but a simpler version would entail no lights on the building and would be less strenuous on 1 color printing and vinyl cutting. That's also why I asked for the symbollic type of logo (like you mentioned with the car company logos). Eye candy is good for websites, I know (as I'm a professional graphic designer myself), but I can handle most of the eyecandy. Although, I did like the text effect you used in yours.

The reasons you've listed are superb examples of why you should make one too.
:D

ettubrute: My CTO likes your logo as well... something he suggested that I liked the sound of, would be to use a more bold font, and have it take presidence over the buildings by making it wider than the buildings.

Again, to everyone else... I merely offered a suggestion. There are a ton of ways to do a logo, not just the way I suggested... I'm interested in the creativity of what you guys can come up with.

Awesome building... I'm not feelin the letters where they are, as I want more prominent text, seperate from the symbolism... I could see that turning into something awesome though..

Xeno,
I used a bolder font, that straddles the width of the buildings more. The letters get slightly bigger towards the center, to excentuate the form of the buildings. I also added an oil barrel to the left, to generate a sense of wholeness/continuity along with the oil pump to the right.

fuel empire 2.png

and here's a variation without the lights (in my opinion it looks a lot less alive), so as an alternative, i can either use less lights, or create lines to represent entire rows of lights instead.

fuel empire 2 wo lights.png

ettubrute,

watch out for that white text on the edges of your logo, if printed on white paper it will be very weird looking

Back