5 free HD-DVD MIR Offer, Got it?

whrswoldo

2[H]4U
I purchased the XBOX 360 HD-DVD drive in a previous hot deal and sent off the rebate for 5 free HD-DVD movies by mail about a month ago.

Has anyone that purchased this drive (or one of the stand-alone HD-DVD drives for that matter) and sent in the rebate form received their movies yet?

also sent mine out mid november, havent gotten anything

edit: got them last week

i did mine end of october and i got a post card end of december saying supplies weren't going to be replenished until 1-20 (3 days ago) and that it would then be sent out..

so i haven't received mine but i at least got a post card saying why..

i'd give it another month or so.. i also think there is a number on the form you can call if you want an update..

I received that same postcard, and my movies just came in yesterday. I think I sent in my rebate in (or around) October, so don't worry... it might take awhile, but they'll come.

lol yea i just got home and my 5 movies where there..

so yup i just got mine..

sent end of october , received end of january (3 months)

My first set took a little more than 2 months. Ordered late August, got them the first of December.

Second set hasn't shown up yet. Ordered in early October, got a letter notifying me of a delay the second week of December and after calling, was told that my movies would ship out on January 20th, so... I guess I should be getting them soon.

I mailed mine in during the week of the BB big sale with free instant titles, I go tmy free movies yesterday in the mail

I got mine last week, expect to wait about 10-12 weeks but you will get them :)

I sent mine before September and received them sometime in November, so it takes a good while for them to process it.

Just mailed mine out today. By the time I get it HD-DVD would probably be gone by then :p Oh well. Free is still better than nothing :)

Just got our 5 yesterday; we sent off the forms late October/early November I believe.

Never got a 'card' like some have spoken about.

They didn't even honor mine... it's just 5 days from valid date when I bought my player =_=

Did anyone recently get Full Metal Jacket as one of the 5 movies? I'm wondering if they sent the old one (jungle background cover) or the 2007 remastered version (white background cover).

Thanks

I mailed mine in before Thanksgiving and haven't received them yet. I did call and it is still being processed. There is no website but there is a phone number you can call to check on the status.

1-800-405-7520

I mailed mine Nov 15 and received them about three days ago.

I got Full Metal Jacket and it's the white background one.

Did anyone recently get Full Metal Jacket as one of the 5 movies? I'm wondering if they sent the old one (jungle background cover) or the 2007 remastered version (white background cover).

Thanks

You have that backwards.

Old = white
New = jungle

I know because I own the jungle version and the case proudly said "NEWLY REMASTERED VERSION"

I got mine a few weeks back. And I got the newer version of Troy, the Director's Cut, rather than the old one that is pictured on the mail in form so that was nice.

Received mine yesterday...don't remember when I sent the rebate in though.

I received mine 2 days ago after mailing it week before Thanksgiving.

I sent mine in around September, and didn't get them until late December, but they did come - you will get them, it just takes forever.

Got mine on the 11th week even though the rebate says it takes about 8 weeks. You can call in to customer service and have them check up on the status of your rebate. My movies came for the most part in mint condition in a padded envelope (it was pouring).

*UPDATE*
I got my movies yesterday, or somebody's movies anyways. ;) Enclosed was a note saying they had a shortage and so they picked replacements for me. Among the gems were Doom, Bulletproof, Monty Python's the Life of Bryan and Babel. I also received Full Metal Jacket, which I actually requested. I suppose the format is dead and at least I got something, even if the titles were pretty much bottom of the barrel. :D

got mine last week. They added 1 movie i didnt request since they ran out of it. It came in a BEAT UP envelope that looked as if it had been to hell and back. Still movies were in good condition.

I got Harry Potter, Doom, Serenity, Troy and Aeon Flux :)

If I get those, I'll be a happy camper! The form I sent in didn't have Serenity or Harry Potter, though!!! We'll see what comes. I sent mine in about a week before the expiration date, so it hasn't been 8 weeks yet, and I think the form said up to 10 weeks. I'll let you know as soon as they come in what I got...

Think I sent mine in around early January sometime. Haven't seen anything yet, not even a post card. Anyone know if these come via UPS, USPS or some other method?

I sent mine in February 2nd and I got some movies today, really crummy ones. 4 of the movies I received weren't even on the list, and only one was a movie I chose. :rolleyes: 3 of those 4 look like they had a soldering iron taken to the back to put a line through the UPC bar code, one with a burned hole through the case. IOW, these were worthless landfill (or Goodwill) rescues.

They're free... I think I got 2 or 3 of the 5 that I asked for, 99% chance they were out of stock of the other ones...

I got Troy, The Departed, The Italian Job, Serenity, and Blood Diamond...

Departed is pretty sweet, I've already seen it on DVD so HD-DVD should look even bettah

I submitted my MIR the week the Xbox 360 HD-DVD drives went on sale for $50 (And you had 3-4 days to get in on the offer) and they showed up today...

Few months, I didn't even expect them for a while.

Back