4x4 Next Month

(cf)Eclipse said:
they mean all as in the fx-70, 72 and 74.

so let's quote it and break it down for you


so, obviously, as you know, it says 64+64KB L1 and 1MB L2 per core. thus, each cpu will have 256KB L1 and 2MB L2 total. NOT 256KB L2 as you were saying before

i see that price comment again. i'm not gonna correct you as there are no definite prices, so it would be hypocritical of me to say "it'll be this", but too bad. the fx-74's will match whatever the top end kentsfield is. by saying that the high end is gonna be 1500, you're implying that the fastest kentsfield is gonna be 1500 as well ;)

Dewd I know. All is NOT Both=P That's why you said "each" and not all:) No, I said ranges from 1000 to 1500. I don't do like certain folks here and point at the highest price only. I already gave links to Kentsfield as $999 and the fastest Woody at about $850. No need to assume what I was saying. According to GamePC, hell, you don't need to fastest Woody.

http://sg.vr-zone.com/?i=4208

Brisbane (65nm, 2C/2T, AM2, HT1.0, 2x512KB L2, 65W) 3800+ - 2.0GHz

It was first estimated that they might do the same thing with FX-7x but AMD didn't so far.
 
Donnie27 said:
Socket F or 1207, not AM2 or 939.
Price might range from 1000 to 1500.

Just to be clear! I'd love to see cheaper/slower/less powerful and power hungrey models.
 
Donnie27 said:
Dewd I know. All is NOT Both=P
ok, gotcha... i never saw verification that you agreed that each core is 1mb L2, i'll get off your case and get to sleep now :D


Donnie27 said:
Just to be clear! I'd love to see cheaper/slower/less powerful and power hungrey models.
heh, of course. only an idiot would want slower and hotter.. i know you're not an idiot :p competition is always a good thing
though shouldn't that slower be faster? ;) ;)
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
ok, gotcha... i never saw verification that you agreed that each core is 1mb L2, i'll get off your case and get to sleep now :D


heh, of course. only an idiot would want slower and hotter.. i know you're not an idiot :p competition is always a good thing
though shouldn't that slower be faster?

Hehehe! How about a 2GHz model that might go on sale $500? This "Kit" would not need a 650W PSU to power it:) I meant what I said. There are times when four 2GHz cores will get the Job done. Yes, then if you want faster hotter and etc.. you can try overclocking them.

I'd much rather have seen AMD ship 65nm processors for 4 X 4 than the 125W processors. Sure I care about what AMD does, if I didn't I wouldn't post and just say screw them. I jumpped Intel's ass for Prescott (Often called it "HotScott" and Pentium D BTW! I also voted with my Wallet and went AMD during those days!
 
but the 2.6ghz fx-70 will probably be around ~$600 for a kit? ;)

and 65nm will happen for the high end stuff eventually. amd likes to test it out with low end parts first, then move up :D
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
but the 2.6ghz fx-70 will probably be around ~$600 for a kit? ;)

and 65nm will happen for the high end stuff eventually. amd likes to test it out with low end parts first, then move up :D

Inq said:
FX-70 CPUs will be clocked at 2.6 GHz, with the price of $999 for a dual-processor retail box.

FX-72 will be clocked at 2.8 GHz, and with the price of $1132, it presents an interesting choice, since it outclocks Kentsfield.

FX-74 is clocked at 3.0 GHz and finally breaks the 3GHz clock barrier for desktop and dual-core CPUs in general. However, the price is currently planned at sky-high $1500, so who ever spends that amount of money in the year of K8L (Barcelona) arrival, it should better have another $1,500 in the bank - for quad-core Barcelona babies, of course.

Are those hard prices? Probably not but they've not missed much lately. If I'm one of the folks AMD is planning to sell this stuff to, I'm pissed. Same goes for $700 Video cards, $150 Keyboards, $279 Sound Cards, $300 NICs, $300 Single Socket ATX mobos, $400 ATX cases, $350 PSU and etc................. It's all BS IMHO!

So when some guy is talking about this CRAP is for the masses, I strongly disagree!

Dual Clovertons
 
Donnie27 said:
Are those hard prices? Probably not but they've not missed much lately.
i've linked this a few times in this thread iirc.. ;)

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35333

The launch line up was revealed here, but the pricing has been "re-constructed" severely downwards, with the fastest CPU pack now matching the price of Intel's Kentsfield. µ

again, this is not the intel forum, your cloverton benches are not needed here. we all know that it's an old arch vs a new :rolleyes:
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
i've linked this a few times in this thread iirc.. ;)

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35333

again, this is not the intel forum, your cloverton benches are not needed here. we all know that it's an old arch vs a new

Well at least they said the fastest Kentsfield something you accused me of doing. :rolleyes: I linked to Cloverton and the Kentsfield to you to show that Intel will not ship only the Fastest Kentsfield or Cloverton. They can be overclocked, something that was NOT brought up by me. There are 1.86 to 2.66GHz models, wanna' bet what they'll sell for? That downward comment is noted though. Just because this is the AMD side of the forum, doesn't mean folks should LIE for AMD and against Intel.
 
i was under the impression that the top end kentsfield was gonna be $999, so if not, my bad :D
 
I know I cannot wait till the new FX come out. I truely want to see how they perform and see actual tests in games. I know I personally would rather see AMD release a chip with 3 cores in it, 2 processor and 1 graphic. I think that would unload the processor alot more by having the gpu do the physic calculations. I think that would be more benificial to us gamers than 4 cores, 8 when they release the quad core chips.
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
i was under the impression that the top end kentsfield was gonna be $999, so if not, my bad :D

No biggie! I liked your memory review at your site as well:) It was linked from Tech-Report while I was reading something there.

Monday

HEXUS has a product review editorial
Big Bruin's Icemat Siberia In:Ear headset giveaway
ThinkComputers reviews Dell XPS M1210 notebook
Viper Lair reviews Abit AB9 Pro
EclipseOC reviews 2GB Team Xtreem DDR2 800MHz dual channel kit
Hardware.Info reviews HIS Radeon X1650Pro iSilence II and X1600Pro Silence
TheTechLounge reviews iriver T10 MP3 player
TweakNews reviews Zalman CNPS9700 LED CPU cooler
 
Back
Top