4th diablo 3 class announced.

It really gave the game alot of replay value. I wish Blizzard wouldn't spoon feed us. But that's the generation now, nobody seems to want to work for anything, its all about now now now.

Blizzard's main audience is going to be the player base it established with the original series and D2 as well as its WoW fanbase. While nothing inherently wrong with that it just means they are targeting an older crowd, generally most of us have families and other activities now. I remember back in my college days playing D2 and coming up with the right build for PvE and PvP and going to town; however it was nothing back then to stay up til 2 in the morning or spend a ton of hours farming or leveling up to 99 and still keep a healthy social life and good grades. Now, if I stay up past 1 I can feel it the next day let alone doing it night after night now. Those days are long past, for me at least as well as most of my friends from college.

I can virtually guarantee you that most of us don't have that time any more. Families, work, and life in general are all going to keep us from playing 8, 6, hell even probably 2 hours a day and Blizzard probably realizes this and is tailoring the game for that population. With all the amount of "game addiction" going through the news the last couple years, Blizzard is also probably doing what they can to possibly curb that before it becomes a major problem, which in turn will allow parents to be more receptive in allowing their kids to play which makes for...well more sales which in turn equals more profits.

The days of UO, EQ, and other S & M games are gone from the mainstream IMO and hardcore mode and full PvP games are going to be relegated to a niche market as sad as it may be for us who grew up on those.

Blizzard's main audience is going to be the player base it established with the original series and D2 as well as its WoW fanbase. While nothing inherently wrong with that it just means they are targeting an older crowd, generally most of us have families and other activities now. I remember back in my college days playing D2 and coming up with the right build for PvE and PvP and going to town; however it was nothing back then to stay up til 2 in the morning or spend a ton of hours farming or leveling up to 99 and still keep a healthy social life and good grades. Now, if I stay up past 1 I can feel it the next day let alone doing it night after night now. Those days are long past, for me at least as well as most of my friends from college.

I can virtually guarantee you that most of us don't have that time any more. Families, work, and life in general are all going to keep us from playing 8, 6, hell even probably 2 hours a day and Blizzard probably realizes this and is tailoring the game for that population. With all the amount of "game addiction" going through the news the last couple years, Blizzard is also probably doing what they can to possibly curb that before it becomes a major problem, which in turn will allow parents to be more receptive in allowing their kids to play which makes for...well more sales which in turn equals more profits.

The days of UO, EQ, and other S & M games are gone from the mainstream IMO and hardcore mode and full PvP games are going to be relegated to a niche market as sad as it may be for us who grew up on those.

I agree with your on some of you points but If there going to target there older Diablo II audience which is a no brainer, they should give us the Diablo feel and not allow a respec. I feel with respecing there stepping in to cross-breading territory with WoW and Titan Quest. Sure its a nice Idea for those who don't want to spend the time on there character development or people that do not research there build or even pay attention to where they distribute there points, but IMO it doesn't fit the Diablo Universe.

Secondly I know what you mean about staying up all night playing a game. I can remember staying up for two days strait playing D2 and living off of Dr. Pepper and Beef Jerkey, Man those were the days. Would I do that now though? Probably not. I believe its all about choice really. If in fact they are going to implement a respec system My choice would be not to use it.

I agree with your on some of you points but If there going to target there older Diablo II audience which is a no brainer, they should give us the Diablo feel and not allow a respec. I feel with respecing there stepping in to cross-breading territory with WoW and Titan Quest. Sure its a nice Idea for those who don't want to spend the time on there character development or people that do not research there build or even pay attention to where they distribute there points, but IMO it doesn't fit the Diablo Universe.

Putting that in the hardcore option would probably be an idea, but that would probably take an ass ton of extra coding though.

Secondly I know what you mean about staying up all night playing a game. I can remember staying up for two days strait playing D2 and living off of Dr. Pepper and Beef Jerkey, Man those were the days. Would I do that now though? Probably not. I believe its all about choice really. If in fact they are going to implement a respec system My choice would be not to use it.

I think the first day I got D2 I was so blown away that I did an entire marathon weekend on it with crispy creme donuts and dr pepper. I actually think I got sick from that and stayed home and played a couple more days. I don't think I've had crispy creme donuts since then haha.

They have dumbed down Diablo 3. Stat points will be auto assigned which is dumb since that will take away some uniqueness of builds. Whatever happened to customization?

Respecing also stinks since now any class is a jack of all trades which means the only thing that matters is gear. The death mechanic has also been dumbed down due to the checkpoint system. Why doesn't Blizzard just give every character god mode and have the character totally controlled by the PC.

That being said, the gameplay may still be very good but the game seems to be turning out into a casual game with the changes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't over-react about the customization thing. Things just ended up cookie-cutter anyway and it was clunky at best. You also still got your skill tree which actually matters.

I also think that the checkpoint system will make things a little bit harder. In DII, you could TP yourself out of any situation. There won't be TPs in D3, so if you die, you'll have to run a distance instead of constantly running through a TP and back into the fray.

I'll wait till I play it until I start complaining. I've never been disappointed with a blizzard game; even WOW was fun for the first 6 months. (why people played for more than couple months past 60 is beyond me)

BTW, played Diablo 3 for an hour on Saturday at Blizzcon.

Fucking awesome.

I'm almost tempted to freeze myself until it comes out in 2011 (at the soonest). The delay is a huge bummer, pretty much the only thing to take the sting out of Starcraft 2 pushing into next year. :(

I think I will be playing a monk. Looks awsome

The monk is badass.

I think they're going to spend the next two years nerfing him, it is ridiculous how powerful it was in the Blizzcon build. My friend was killing like, ten guys at once in massive a geyser of blood all at the same time, it was crazy. She's making with the demon explody and here I am with my lame barbarian clicking on one dude at a time, haha

There are no healing classes, Diablo isn't WoW. Everyone gets healing potions and everyone gets to kick ass in their own way.

I know, I just heard the term "Monk" and got flashbacks to something like Guild Wars. After reading up on it a bit I'm not too worried though.

They have dumbed down Diablo 3. Stat points will be auto assigned which is dumb since that will take away some uniqueness of builds. Whatever happened to customization?

Respecing also stinks since now any class is a jack of all trades which means the only thing that matters is gear. The death mechanic has also been dumbed down due to the checkpoint system. Why doesn't Blizzard just give every character god mode and have the character totally controlled by the PC.

That being said, the gameplay may still be very good but the game seems to be turning out into a casual game with the changes.

They've said the idea behind taking out stat points was to allow for MORE customization due to having a wider option of gear available. The gear is also having more relics or charms or something iirc that are pretty powerful and can change them drastically.

It's true though, everything became cookie-cutter anyways. Put enough Str to wear gear (IE Put none at all and use Enigma), put enough Dex for max block, and go rest Vitality.

They've said the idea behind taking out stat points was to allow for MORE customization due to having a wider option of gear available. The gear is also having more relics or charms or something iirc that are pretty powerful and can change them drastically.

Having wider options of gear available and custom stat points are not mutually exclusive!

I'm sure the game is going to be excellent, but some of the decisions they are making seem kinda...silly to me.

Especially the town portal thing. Who has ever complained about town portals? Ever? The only time that I've complained about TPs is when I ran out and didn't notice! Especially without potions, I need a way to bug out ASAP when shit hits the fan and I'm low on health.

BTW, played Diablo 3 for an hour on Saturday at Blizzcon.

Fucking awesome.

I'm almost tempted to freeze myself until it comes out in 2011 (at the soonest). The delay is a huge bummer, pretty much the only thing to take the sting out of Starcraft 2 pushing into next year. :(

Oh man you lucky bastard you got to play it. Actually thats gotta be like a curse, you get to play it for a little while and then they swipe it back and now you're fiending for more.

Played all of the classes.. you only get 20 minutes per session but they were all pretty awesome.

Back