4th diablo 3 class announced.

Well it could be like Monks in the EQ series of games with fist type weapons along with staffs. The armor would be like a leather type gi maybe.

Just can't get excited about a game that is still probably at least 18 months away.

yea i know, a meteor or something could have smashed us all to bits by then....

and it does seem that the monk can use fist weapons seeing as they have concept art of fist weapons on his page... I just hope his armor is more substantial than a thong and some sandals...

Touche. Guess you never liked playing necromancer or druid then either. :p

Druid is ok because he can turn into a wolf and a bear

Necromancer wasn't my favorite class, but his armor at least looked cooler than the monk's.

I guess I'm just really big on how a class looks. If I don't like how they look it's harder for me to enjoy the game.

Monk gameplay vid is up. There's a trailer too but this looks awesome.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/movies/monkgameplay.xml

Now thats what im talking about , blood explosions! , looks like a fun class to play. I like the whole Nightcrawler special move at the first of the video.

I didn't like the Monk trailer though, I do hope Blizzard makes CGI movies rather than using the games engine to render video's.

man the music one the DIablo 3 website sounds sooo fucking evil! I get goosebumps. Listen to Tristram and the new Borderlands music.

Last edited:
Common guys.....This is Diablo 3

There will most certainly be a 5th class and possibly a 6th.

IMO, I doubt there will be a Crusader or Palidin class. For some strange reason I cant explain, those 2 classes dont seem to fit in to the game really. And for that matter, neither would a Thief or Rogue.....HOWEVER...an Assassin class does seem logical and I wouldnt be surprised if that is indeed the 5th class.

Common guys.....This is Diablo 3

There will most certainly be a 5th class and possibly a 6th.

IMO, I doubt there will be a Crusader or Palidin class. For some strange reason I cant explain, those 2 classes dont seem to fit in to the game really. And for that matter, neither would a Thief or Rogue.....HOWEVER...an Assassin class does seem logical and I wouldnt be surprised if that is indeed the 5th class.

Blizzard has announced that there will be 5 classes. For 5th class, though, I'd expect something with a bow and arrows.

Blizzard has announced that there will be 5 classes. For 5th class, though, I'd expect something with a bow and arrows.

Assassin's cant use bows and arrows???

I would think they could.

This is probably your "Knight Type" As far as a melee class. But I expect the next class to be a ranged bow class.

The swirling enemies from the end of the first part looked like the Shadows from PS:T

Man i just can't get excited over a monk. It just screams "meh" to me.

Still holding out for a bard as the 5th class! ;)

He's a very interesting character. I watched the panel about his design concept. They were inspired by 2d fighting games, so his swift teleporting attacks were based largely on that idea.

I hope not, part of the fun was rerolling until you got the best build FOR YOU.

From what I read on Diablo 3 sites, you WOULD be able to. That is one thing they said they wanted to change so you wouldnt have to reroll.

From Diablo3x.com:

Diablo 3 Developers have stated that there you will not be able to allocate stats point with your character as in Diablo 3. The reason is that you don’t “ruin” your character, by adding points in wrong stat. This is a big design issue from Diablo 2, which they want to kill so you don’t have to reroll your character in Diablo 3.

Last edited:
From what I read on Diablo 3 sites, you WOULD be able to. That is one thing they said they wanted to change so you wouldnt have to reroll.

That sucks. Kind of takes the uniqueness out of it. I liked the fact that you only had one chance to develop your character. Made it much more involving.

I wanna see an old school English dude with primitive guns, steampunk kinda thing. Who has an excellent vocabulary and is a bit of a con-man.

I hope not, part of the fun was rerolling until you got the best build FOR YOU.

:confused:So you're saying we should reroll a Barbarian 4-5 times just to find a build that we have fun playing? And then another 4-5 times for the other 4 classes as well. That doesn't make any sense. I for one got sick of the endless Baal runs.

It was way more unique that way. Would you rather have a build someone else doesn't have and its godly in PVP? I sure as hell want that. I experimented a lot in D2 and found a godly build back in D2 classic that was amazing.

seriously? I was really hopping to have a paladin.....

I really don't want to enjoy playing street fighter in ARPG, and muscle sword fighter neither...

please tell me they have Paladin :(

It was way more unique that way. Would you rather have a build someone else doesn't have and its godly in PVP? I sure as hell want that. I experimented a lot in D2 and found a godly build back in D2 classic that was amazing.

Yes, but there are ways to do that that don't involve making you roll the same class an exorbitant number of times. Many of them they have already incorporated like the new rune system and giving you the ability to raise the skill cap on certain skills in the skill tree.

WTF are you talking about? d2 was only playable with the super builds w\super gear that you could only get from the 2 days boss runs thing, I couldn't have the barb build I wanted because the game wasn't(still isn't?) balanced.
The best option is having respec so that you could tune your build or completely change it but just to make the skills more balanced, like how many barb builds were there already in d2? here you hopefully will have viable builds that you will able to craft for yourself from all the 3 skill trees and play the game and have fun with that without starting the same class 10 times.

WTF are you talking about? d2 was only playable with the super builds w\super gear that you could only get from the 2 days boss runs thing, I couldn't have the barb build I wanted because the game wasn't(still isn't?) balanced.
The best option is having respec so that you could tune your build or completely change it but just to make the skills more balanced, like how many barb builds were there already in d2? here you hopefully will have viable builds that you will able to craft for yourself from all the 3 skill trees and play the game and have fun with that without starting the same class 10 times.

That the fact that you had the urge to do all that means it was an awesome game. It wasn't really meant to be a polished well balanced game ~ that's what star craft was for.

I'm talking about BEING a unique character with stats only YOU have. With the same stats it'll all be just simple gear based crap. If Blizzard makes uniques/ rune words better than RARE items again.. that'd be dumb. Oh well.

I can't remember how many people asked me for my build back in classic D2 because I was surviving and dealing significantly more damage than some of the same class/ level. I enjoyed that aspect the most. D2 Xpac kind of ruined it but was still pretty good. Having stats for you is pretty much holding your hand.. especially in an action rpg. Oh well whats done is done.

Everybody uses the same runes.. tbh.

Runes in D3 also pertain to skills not just items. You can alter your skills using runes as well, giving them bonuses/synergies, and even making them look different than the normal skills.

It's not an rpg, stats don't matter. Look at DnD, there's 6. Fallout has 7. Those are rpgs where the stats don't go 1 to a billion. Each point in those games actually mattered when you chose them. Diablo you get 4 and probably only need to care about 2 most of the game where you increase them into the hundreds. Your class determined what effect the stats had already, they weren't all universal. Like the barb got more hp from vitality than some. But I merely played d2, I didn't turn it into a scientific method and ebay machine. D3 will be more fun if people won't rape it with hacks and ebay. Since it's a blizzard game it's probably already destined to.

I'm talking about BEING a unique character with stats only YOU have. With the same stats it'll all be just simple gear based crap. If Blizzard makes uniques/ rune words better than RARE items again.. that'd be dumb. Oh well.

I can't remember how many people asked me for my build back in classic D2 because I was surviving and dealing significantly more damage than some of the same class/ level. I enjoyed that aspect the most. D2 Xpac kind of ruined it but was still pretty good. Having stats for you is pretty much holding your hand.. especially in an action rpg. Oh well whats done is done.

Yeah man being unique is what its all about, I don't want to have the same build as some other guy, sure I might do less damage or vice verse but that's just how it goes. You know, you like my build , re roll another character and work for it. I liked building different characters for different builds, It really gave the game alot of replay value. I wish Blizzard wouldn't spoon feed us. But that's the generation now, nobody seems to want to work for anything, its all about now now now.

no respecs would hurt the leveling process, seeing as you'd have to pick skills you want at max level, instead of skils you want to level up. and having to reroll just because you accidently put a point in the wrong talent is incredibly stupid. Being unique has nothing to do with being allowed to respec. Allowing respecs may even encourage people to try different buillds, seeing as they wouldn't have to spend hours re-leveling the same class.

but respecs should have a relatively hefty cost, and maybe even a cooldown before you can respec again. but the option needs to be there.

Well that's okay, there's a lot of good games to play between now and then. I'd rather just wait and have the best game possible. I graduate right before new years 2011. Hopefully it comes out shortly after that so I don't have a job yet. LOL

The footage of the new Monk seems pretty cool. When I read "Monk" I was immediately disappointed, but he seems to be quite a warrior.

What would be great is if they incorporate armour and weapons from feudal Asia so he plays more like a samurai/Chinese warrior hybrid (which the fighting style is already alluding to, judging from the videos). That would open the character up for all kinds of awesome armour and weaponry beyond fists and towels.

Back