4TB disk - $170

Backup. Same boat as if it was a 4GB drive, its all relative.

Last edited:
No no I know, if it's important BACKUP!, just the amount of bits is staggering haha

I wish these were internal, I would have bought 8!

OK, so buy the product on sale for a great price. Take the drive out of its case and put it into your system. Done.

And, sell that case for some reasonable amount on eBay or on this site. Result: an even better deal.

Or if that is too much trouble, PM me, and i'll buy the case from you for cheap. ;)

OK, so buy the product on sale for a great price. Take the drive out of its case and put it into your system. Done.

And, sell that case for some reasonable amount on eBay or on this site. Result: an even better deal.

Or if that is too much trouble, PM me, and i'll buy the case from you for cheap. ;)

Warranty replacement usually requires sending the drive in it's original casing, which means keeping the cases around. I am going through that with Western Digital. I know what I'm doing. :)

Heh, reminds me of the $189 Black Friday deal on B&H Photo for the internal version of these.

Real men don't go floppy. ;)

True story: When the industry leader in floppy disks Shugart Associates brought out their first low cost "Winchester" drives, 8" form factor, 5 and 10 MB (yes!) for about $3000 (yes!!) "best OEM," they featured these new drives at a trade show. So they gave out these buttons, "Help our engineers go from floppy to rigid." I am not making this up.

True, the entire computer industry has grown up since then. But I don't think we still have that insane sense of humor.

Ouch!.. I'm planned on buying 24 4TBs for a new RAID array.. Should have bought them last night when the price was $170!

With prices able to "dip" down that low, it gives me hope for lower larger disk prices in the future. Right around when I plan to move to a larger/new raid setup to replace my aging 2TB raid6 setup.

Back