• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4p build questions

Actually it does. I was able to run

sudo ./smocng.sh 262

It ran fine.

Rebooted and it couldn't post.
 
But it does not take effect until you reboot, so no it was not running at 262.
The non post is the "avoid" issue.
 
sbinh, that's impressive! :eek: Are you able to run at 261?
My system with 6166HEs topped at 260; 261 did not post. Still, this is a nice showing that HE CPU's are phenomenal! :)
 
sbinh, that's impressive! :eek: Are you able to run at 261?
My system with 6166HEs topped at 260; 261 did not post. Still, this is a nice showing that HE CPU's are phenomenal! :)

Didn't try 261 ... might try that when get home :D
 
260 failed .. crashed while folding 8101 ....


sbinh, that's impressive! :eek: Are you able to run at 261?
My system with 6166HEs topped at 260; 261 did not post. Still, this is a nice showing that HE CPU's are phenomenal! :)


261 works. Booted right in Ubuntu. Crunching 8101 now ... and failed after about 1 minute.
 
Last edited:
Well, if 260 failed, I wouldn't expect 261 to work. Try to find a truly stable setting, you don't wanna be baby sitting or keep wondering about it when you're away...
 
Rock solid with refclock = 257 (completed 42% of 8101)
Trying to raise it up to 259 ...:D
 
Another question,

I am working on H8QGI+-F board with 3x 6172, BIOS can see 36 cores but FAH can use only 32 ..
I already set PowerNow option to DISABLED.

What did I miss?
 
I use the flags: -bigadv -smp 36

But when fah runs, it maps only 32 cores :D
 
I use the flags: -bigadv -smp 36

But when fah runs, it maps only 32 cores :D

This is due to the way domain decomposition works. When you get to using that many cores, not all values for the number of threads are valid.

Back when I had a 36 core system, I would run two instances of fah. The first would be -smp 32 running bigadv (and the kraken). The second was a custom version of the kraken that would bind to the remaining 4 cores running -smp 4.
 
This is due to the way domain decomposition works. When you get to using that many cores, not all values for the number of threads are valid.

Back when I had a 36 core system, I would run two instances of fah. The first would be -smp 32 running bigadv (and the kraken). The second was a custom version of the kraken that would bind to the remaining 4 cores running -smp 4.

+1, this is the correct answer. You have now entered the land where there be dragons. :D
 
This is due to the way domain decomposition works. When you get to using that many cores, not all values for the number of threads are valid.

Back when I had a 36 core system, I would run two instances of fah. The first would be -smp 32 running bigadv (and the kraken). The second was a custom version of the kraken that would bind to the remaining 4 cores running -smp 4.

Thanks.
How can I run/create that "custom" kraken?
 
Said customization can be accomplished by adding -c startcpu=N while wrapping (with
current prerelease -- 0.7-pre15) where N is initial CPU number to use.

In your case it's going to be -c startcpu=32.
 
What is the "SAFE" temp. for AMD chips? Trying to run 6176 with refclock= 247 and temp @ full load around 46C-50C... Should I keep running it at that speed or back down abit?
 
Stock CPUs are throttled upon hitting 70 deg Tctl.

Given the OC, however, CPUs stop operating (hang, CPU context corruption, crash) long
before reaching that temp.

50 deg isn't out of the ordinary at all. Don't worry :)
 
Cool. Thanks Tear.
I'll leave it runs at this speed. Tried to run at 250 / 251 but unstable. FAH failed after few minutes.
 
What is the "SAFE" temp. for AMD chips? Trying to run 6176 with refclock= 247 and temp @ full load around 46C-50C... Should I keep running it at that speed or back down abit?

Are you cooling those guys with the 212s?
 
Back
Top