4890 In Stock

Anyone normally publishing reviews is under NDA still even with retail availability. There is also the matter of the lack of drivers for this card as 9.4 aren't out yet.

I'm pretty sure he meant "why hasn't any joe blow graphic card addict ordered the card already and leaked numbers."

amen, there's gotta be someone out there that's had it airmailed to him just to test it against his 4870 and 4870x2

I'm pretty sure he meant "why hasn't any joe blow graphic card addict ordered the card already and leaked numbers."

Hence the second sentence of that post. What has leaked so far aren't very impressive numbers because the new drivers aren't out.

And Intel is still looming on the horizon w/Larrabee...

Larrabee isn't a threat for the performance crown. Intel themselves said it. And I will believe it when I see it about the drivers not sucking balls.

Larrabee isn't a threat for the performance crown. Intel themselves said it. And I will believe it when I see it about the drivers not sucking balls.

I can see it now it performs the same as a midrange card (a future version of the 4670), but has the same power requirement for a high end card.

You think Intel would be pumping it's chest this early on if it really had something that could compete even with ATI/NV's mid-range offerings? :p Not trying to play devil's advocate, just saying, there's a chance Intel will be competitive down the road (though probably not right off the gate), and a three player race is a whole lot riskier for all involved... But Intel has more resources than any of 'em, and they seem far more committed than last time they entered the discrete GPU market.

Intel already admitted that Larabee is going to suck and in no way be able to compete with Ati/Nvs flagship cards. I'm betting Intel is just trying to make sure low power 40nm versions of rv 770 / g92 don't displace it as the leader in integrated gpu market.

Larrabee appears to be more an attempt to show the world that, yes, x86 CPU cores can also be used for a GPU, not that it's a bright idea to do so. Heck, I'd put more faith in S3 at this point. At least they seem to have nice HTPC-capable cards and such.

Still, it' d be amusing to see the company that brought us some of the most under-performing IGP solutions (GMA 950, I'm looking at you), attempt to get anywhere close to the budget offerings of the biggest two GPU manufacturers, or more likely compete with S3 (though they won't stand a chance, Chrome is actually a nice GPU/IGP).

I think that AMD/nVidia will be fine :)

Back