Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
nice i miss my water cooling lol
yeah the free AA is nice, i haven't noticed any loss in performance going from 0, 2x or even 4x (12 edge detect) all the way up to 8x (24x edge detect)
BigCactus, you might check this thread out about enabling your MB to run the card when you get it.
4870 X2 X38 issues?
I guess there's a switch hidden under a sticker on your board that needs switched.
At least you can flash prior to getting the card and just be up a running once it's delivered.For the Abit IX38 Quad GT specifically, flashing to bios v10 seems to resolve it according to this post:
I guess that is 4870x2 and a 4870 in crossfire??
Wow your rig is beautiful!I've always wanted an all black setup and your's is just pulled off so elegantly. Man, I recently just pieced together the rig in my sig too and thought that it was pretty badass. Haha, looking at your rig mine doesn't even compare.
Oh well, such is life, lol. Congrats on the wonderful setup man! Here's hoping that maybe I'll be able to afford a single 4870x2 in the next few months and call it quits until next year. I can dream...
![]()
Well then, it aint two X2s, but it's all I got:
So far: using Fraps for 3 minute segments. Vista HomePremium x64. Dell 24" monitor at 1920 X 1200, widescreen.
HL2 WhiteForest highest settings, 24XCFAA: average 95 fps (three runs)
COD4: Bog Level Initial combat at the M1 Tank: highest settings,12X CFAA: average 93 fps (three runs)
i think if you go to ncix.com they have all the models on the right hand side
the HIS looks the best IMO, i hate the anime crap they plaster on stuff now
and you get a screw driver / flashlight tool
screw driver kinda sucks but its handy in a pinch , the led flashlight comes in handy since i can never find mine when i need them
lol ive heard bad things about their "lifetime" warranty but i would hope not... some companies will do anything to get out of warranty
ati needs to find an evga/bfg who doesn't have their life signed away to nvidia
Looks really nice but that crysis score aint that great is it? for having two of these?
I dont know if its just because crysis and ati sucks but what about other games?
I love the way the cards look though.
On my 8800 ultra SLI system (qX9650 @ 4.0)
I would get 32.74 with the same Very high settings except at 1920X1200 instead of 1920X1080. but without AA. So it seems like the two 4870x2's are comparing almost to that system, which is kind of depressing
If you can get other benchies that would be great.
yeah crysis is a bad "benchmark"
was nothign more than somethign to make nvidia look good it seems