42" OLED MASTER THREAD

Bummer Newegg just sent me this We have been informed that there is a delay on your Pre-Order. Your Pre-Order will remain active and it will be processed and shipped once we receive inventory. If you prefer, you may cancel your Pre-Order within your Newegg Account. It's may and the wait never seems to end on this 42 inch oled

Really strange,
here in Germany you can order the 42c2 on almost every shop and it will be delivered to you the next day. For weeks now…

42" C2 Available from LG directly in America:

https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-oled42c2pua

Other places like bestbuy should probably have them next week. Newegg is showing a revised May 31st ETA so that may be accurate but they always push delayed ETA's way out and ship ahead of time.

Last edited:
Are we able to go inside the service menu and disable ASBL on this set just like I did with my CX48?

ugghhhh Can't decide if I should pull the trigger or wait for the WBE panel. Probably has zero difference on the 42".. but i have waited this long might as well wait a couple more months...

The only difference it makes is whether you like blue tint or pink (WBE) off axis or at the edges depending how far you sit.

The only difference it makes is whether you like blue tint or pink (WBE) off axis or at the edges depending how far you sit.
Thanks. My only remaining question is I wonder how easy it is to return this TV if I buy it from the LG site. If I get the 42" and it is just too big for me to get used to and I want to send it back.

You do have 15 days but they warn about a 8% restocking fee. Not sure how strict they are with that. If you are hesitant I would wait for Amazon or Bestbuy.

Sold out earlier this evening. Demand must be crazy if that many are willing to order from LG direct instead of waiting for Bestbuy/Amazon/Costco.

Hope this things success sends a message to LG and Samsung. We want more smaller format OLED displays.

Sold out earlier this evening. Demand must be crazy if that many are willing to order from LG direct instead of waiting for Bestbuy/Amazon/Costco.

Hope this things success sends a message to LG and Samsung. We want more smaller format OLED displays.

Is it true that the Costco versions are different somehow? I've noticed that the model numbers are often different on the Costco TVs but wasn't sure if there were any substantial differences in the panel or any other part of the hardware.

Is it true that the Costco versions are different somehow? I've noticed that the model numbers are often different on the Costco TVs but wasn't sure if there were any substantial differences in the panel or any other part of the hardware.
There was a B-series OLED. Not sure what the difference between it and the C series is. For the features I care about (BFI) they’re the same.

The B series is always with the processor from the last gen and you have only 2x HDMI 2.1 ports instead of 4.

There was a B-series OLED. Not sure what the difference between it and the C series is. For the features I care about (BFI) they’re the same.
I've seen C series sold at Costco as well, I'm just saying the model numbers are never the same, as when you go to Best Buy, Amazon, etc. I wasn't sure if there was any functional difference though.

Costco get their own model numbers for electronics, but they're always the exact same product that other stores sell

Seeing the blue tint on part of the screen on multiple reviews on the 42" C2 makes me wanna puke, AW34 is so so much better for DT use.

Seeing the blue tint on part of the screen on multiple reviews on the 42" C2 makes me wanna puke, AW34 is so so much better for DT use.
Yeah, it's quite disappointing. The 43" QN90B was a bust, now the 42" LG OLED is looking like a hard pass. :( (n)

I don't know if the C2 is different from CX in this regard but it's a complete non-issue in real world use. I have never noticed it unless I have a 100% full white screen. Even then I feel it's subtle.

My C7 from 2017 has blue tint that changes to red depending on the viewing angle. It is only visible when on 100% white background. If people complain about that - they expect too much from OLED. OLED has never been about white or grey homogeneity. It is more pronounced on the 42" probably because of the higher pixel density, which in its turn gives more detailed picture quality, than its 48 and 55 counterparts 😃
I returned the Predator 38S because it had red tint on the left side of the screen, that was visible on every image displayed on the monitor and that was a real issue.

It is more pronounced on the 42" probably because of the higher pixel density, which in its turn gives more detailed picture quality, than its 48 and 55 counterparts 😃
There is no difference in detail, the image displayed is the same with the same number of pixels.
There is a difference in ppi which matters if you cant sit closer and want to, then a larger screen is better.

There is no difference in detail, the image displayed is the same with the same number of pixels.
There is a difference in ppi which matters if you cant sit closer and want to, then a larger screen is better.
Sure, the details are the same - the image is sharper.

Costco get their own model numbers for electronics, but they're always the exact same product that other stores sell

They get it for price matching purposes, so other stores don't have to price match with them and so they don't have to price match with other stores.

The B series is always with the processor from the last gen and you have only 2x HDMI 2.1 ports instead of 4.

The A1 had one less HDMI port compared to the C1, but the B versions have always had the same number of ports as the C, just a different processor. The B2 has the a7 Gen5 AI Processor 4K and the C2 has the a9 Gen5 AI Processor 4K which it shares with the G2.

I think I'm gonna sell my Aorus FO48U and get a LG C2 42. Even though I would prefer to have a display that sleeps and wakes up like a monitor and DisplayPort being open instead of closed off HDMI. LG themselves don't seem interested in bringing a 42 inch variant of an UltraGear monitor when they announced a 48 inch, and ASUS' ROG PG42UQ will no doubt be expensive because of the ROG tax.

Samsung has been quiet about their own QD-OLED, and Dell Alienware is having supply chain issues it would seem. Dammit :/

My friends arrives tomorrow. Gonna drop by on Thursday and see what this blue tint business is about.

I believe fomo made a video about this and said that even though these LG OLEDs will be brighter, they won't actually have greater color volume, just a higher peak white brightness. Still better than nothing though.
I don't know if Samsung has a patent on the quantum dot layer stuff but my understanding is that's what allows the higher color volume. Personally I am fine with how the LG OLEDs look. They can be reasonably accurate for sRGB content which is most of the content we consume.

Finally received mine yesterday, made a reddit called LG C2 42 vs Acer Predator XB271HU.

so final opinion of LG C2 42 vs my old Acer Predator XB271HU.

1.Glossy screen clarity is brilliant.
2.Contrast is stunning
3. Response time is better even though 120mhz vs 166 mhz of the XB271HU this screen runs way smoother ! ! !
4.Game mode
5.Gsync and freesync
6.Larger real-estate 44% more
7.pixel pitch of 108 vs 104 say tie in this department
8.Plex
9.Gaming is unreal at nighttime

10.Smart tv that show my lg washer and dryer finish clothes while im gaming
5a272301-d438-40e7-a95e-0de97162c693.jpg

cbb50d79-9ff6-45dd-bdf1-d11a25ee41bb.jpg

Last edited:
Finally received mine yesterday, made a reddit called LG C2 42 vs Acer Predator XB271HU.

so final opinion of LG C2 42 vs my old Acer Predator XB271HU.

1.Glossy screen clarity is brilliant.
2.Contrast is stunning
3. Response time is better even though the 166hz of the XB271HU these screen runs way smoother
4.Game mode
5.Gsync and freesync
6.Larger real-estate 44% more
7.pixel pitch of 108 vs 104 say tie in this department
8.Plex
9.Gaming is unreal at nighttime
10. Smart tv that show my lg washer and dryer finish clothes while im gaming
View attachment 473400

View attachment 473401

I'm jealous of your huge desk... I don't have the space for one even though I want one! Thanks for the impressions on the screen.

Back