$4.99 Steam Gaming

legendz411

2[H]4U
Is there anywhere that has, like, a team that watches for these deals? The last few gaems have been really good deals and they seem to be consistent with releasing new ones. I'd hate to miss out.

Yeah I've bought a few games when they were on sale and haven't regretted any of the purchases, all of them have been pretty good and even if they weren't...only paying $4.99 so oh well...

Problem is that I dont visit that page or restart steam to often at all...

Ergo my first question.

Thanks tho :(

I don't get it.. restarting steam or going to their website is probably a lot faster than asking on a board though. :)

It would be quicker to just refresh the page on steam than going to a forum all the time...lol...

The last $4.99 games I've bought (Two Worlds, Prey, Sin) were all weekend deals, so I'd say Fridays are a good time to go to the Steam homepage ;)

The last $4.99 games I've bought (Two Worlds, Prey, Sin) were all weekend deals, so I'd say Fridays are a good time to go to the Steam homepage ;)

I would of bought 2 worlds and Prey... I can' believe I missed that. I didn't really care to pick up SiN. The one game I am mad about not taking advantage of was Red Orcrashtra when it was up for 5 bucks. All I can say is... Valve will prob take over the medium as which PC gamers buy their games now. I love STEAM <3 I can't wait for game cloud and the one day that I can take all my current CD keys and put them into steam and have them all in my steam account.

Edit: Haha after reading this post I went to the steam site and... http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=app&AppId=11020

Free games are always aweesome.

Definetly go to cheapassgamer.com as listed above. If you look in the VG Deals section you will find so many more games for cheap that you never got to pick up etc. They also have a great podcast. Check it out

This is a pipe dream but what would happen if M$ got on to steam... That'd be pretty effing huge. And now with activision getting some control over blizzard could we see blizzard on steam?

This is a pipe dream but what would happen if M$ got on to steam... That'd be pretty effing huge. And now with activision getting some control over blizzard could we see blizzard on steam?
Blizzard already has their own digital distribution service, but I guess Blizzard going to Steam is a possibility.

The rest of Ubisoft's catalog would be cool. Along with Bioware's backlog. EA would be the motherlode though

I was pissed i missed Prey :(

That makes two of us.

I would also like to see EA on Steam. Being able to download and install Bioware games and Dead Space on Steam would be awesome.

If you go to EA's online store, you'll notice Valve has their games on there.

If you go to EA's online store, you'll notice Valve has their games on there.

EA was publisher of retail HL2 and orange box, I doubt EA will put their games on steam cuz they are money horde; they want to rip that last cent out of our wallet using their own online distribute system.

EA was publisher of retail HL2 and orange box, I doubt EA will put their games on steam cuz they are money horde; they want to rip that last cent out of our wallet using their own online distribute system.

EA only publishes the console versions of Valve's games. Valve publishes their own PC games. Yet Valve has their PC games on the EA store.

EA only publishes the console versions of Valve's games. Valve publishes their own PC games. Yet Valve has their PC games on the EA store.

No, EA also publishes the physical copies of all of Valve's games. Whenever you see a Valve game on a shelf at a Best Buy, Gamestop, or whatever, it's published by EA.

Go to the Steam store, show all games, click "price" to sort by price, skip to page 15 to bypass all the demos and videos and voila.

You're in luck.

"We are dropping the price of Red Orchestra just $5 for the duration of the weekend."

It's not $4.99, but this weekend's deal is the Penny Arcade game 'Precipe of Darkness' for $9.99, which is 50% off.

It's not $4.99, but this weekend's deal is the Penny Arcade game 'Precipe of Darkness' for $9.99, which is 50% off.

Yeah i jumped on that offer. Played the demo it was extremly fun but it wasn't worth $20 price tag they wanted for it.

Altrough now it waits patiently till i get bored with ME :)

There's uber deal on Steam this weekend:

Puzzle Quest for 10$ and this game is easily 50+ hours of great gameplay.

Anyone played Red Orchestra?
All the talk was multi player then it just died and have not heard another word about it.
Single player too?

Not really. EA manufactures and distributes the PC versions of Valve's boxed games. Valve does not have their own hard media manufacturing and distribution system. Thus, they pay someone else, in their case EA, to do it for them. EA's sole role in this relationship is manufacture and distribution. I have the Half-Life 2 Episode 1 retail box, and there is not an EA logo to be found.

Anyone else buy games that go on sale for 4.99~9.99 but end up not playing them?
I gotta stop buying games I don't even want to play lol. Prey for $4.99 was good though, I enjoyed it.
Games I bought on the Deal weekends.

Prey $4.99 - BEST deal on steam ever. Good graphics, decent singleplayer
DoD:S $4.99 - I'm a TF2 player so I'm not going to play this much but how can you resist a $5 deal?
Vampire Masquarade, Two Worlds: Bought them when they were $9.99 havn't bothereed to play them.

Hmm nope :)

I only buy games i wanted to play at some point of time but never did due to high prices at launch.

Anyone else buy games that go on sale for 4.99~9.99 but end up not playing them?
I gotta stop buying games I don't even want to play lol. Prey for $4.99 was good though, I enjoyed it.
Games I bought on the Deal weekends.

Prey $4.99 - BEST deal on steam ever. Good graphics, decent singleplayer
DoD:S $4.99 - I'm a TF2 player so I'm not going to play this much but how can you resist a $5 deal?
Vampire Masquarade, Two Worlds: Bought them when they were $9.99 havn't bothereed to play them.

Yep...

Prey for $4.99 - Haven't played more than 20 minutes
Two Worlds for $4.99 - Haven't played for more than 5 minutes
Sin Episodes for $4.99 - Haven't played for more than 10 minutes
Shadowgrounds Survivor for $4.99 - Okay... I bought this a couple months ago on my old computer with a 7600GT, and it played it surprisingly well... I spent a couple hours with this rather ridiculous but unexpectedly fun game.

I bought Mass Effect for the full $50 and that's holding my attention pretty well... I think the problem with these super-cheap games is that most of them we wouldn't really have looked at.... until they were cheaper than a lunch at McDonalds to buy :D

Yep...

Prey for $4.99 - Haven't played more than 20 minutes
Two Worlds for $4.99 - Haven't played for more than 5 minutes
Shadowgrounds Survivor for $4.99 - ... I spent a couple hours with this rather ridiculous but unexpectedly fun game.

It was almost exactly like that for me too. I did complete Prey but then it's not exactly the longest game in the world (and I already had Sin Episodes).

SIN: Episodes is absurdly short, and there's no reason not to play it. It feels like a polished (obviously) HL2 single player total conversion mod. I knocked it out in two sittings, only 2.5 hours. No, there's nothing that exciting in it, but keep it in your back pocket for when you need some mindless FPS action one rainy afternoon.

I would of bought 2 worlds and Prey... I can' believe I missed that. I didn't really care to pick up SiN. The one game I am mad about not taking advantage of was Red Orcrashtra when it was up for 5 bucks. All I can say is... Valve will prob take over the medium as which PC gamers buy their games now. I love STEAM <3 I can't wait for game cloud and the one day that I can take all my current CD keys and put them into steam and have them all in my steam account.

Edit: Haha after reading this post I went to the steam site and... http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=app&AppId=11020

Free games are always aweesome.

I remember when Steam was new and a lot of people just hated it for various reasons. I wasn't one of them though.

I was one of those many Steam haters in when it was new.
Its amazing how much better its become, now I can proudly say I like Steam a lot.

I've been enjoying some cheap and free Steam gaming. Space nerds should check out Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. It made me think of Homeworld, and is a complex but fun Space RTS.

If an episode of the Sam & Max is still free, it is very much worth a play. They are very good games, just a bit short for the price. I plan to eventually get GameTap for 2 months and play through all of the Sam & Max games.

Sin Episodes was 4.99???
Damn, I missed that.

I love buying games w/ decent graphics games for butt cheap 4.99.
Personally I find theres a big feeling difference between 4.99 and 9.99. Look at DoD:S, it's always been 9.99 but never was on the top sellers list. The day it becomes available for 4.99, it sells like hot cakes. I bought it too.
I've ignored some games that were 9.99 but totally would have bought them if they were 4.99. (Call of Jeurez)

Silent Hunter III is currently up for $5. It's an extremely well-reviewed submarine sim. game, jump on it before the 31st.

Red Orchestra is WELL WORTH $20, $30, $40...Damn Good deal......

For $5 bucks?????? If you dont get it, ur just dumb :p

I bought Red Orchestra when it was on sale, but was saddened when I realized it was just multi-player. How active is the community?

Back